Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mr and Ms EOFF Competition! - The Grand Finale Voting!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    More questions I'm going to fail on, yaaaaay!
    Well you obviously didn't fail since you made it past the first cut

When is the swimsuit round? I've been on a diet just for that.

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Quina View Post
    When is the swimsuit round? I've been on a diet just for that.
    I guess you'll have to find a new way to extract Blue Magic for now, then
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm getting my answers in now. Had to think about these a lot.

Articles

FFXIV Character

I just re-read my sent answers and honestly if I don't make it to the final round then I'm rage quitting the forums
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Its time to look at some answers!

Sadly, we had a misses not make their answers in time, so we'll have to adjust. The final round will now have to be between the last two members, meaning only one Ms be will voted out, but three Mr's will be exiting this round.

Remember each question gets a vote for both the Mr and Ms categories. Voting will end 11pm central time Thursday night. This round, the same member isn't the same contestant for each question. If you're trying to guess who is who you'll have a harder time at it.

Ms EOFF

If you could add one new thing to the main site or the forums, what would you want to add?

Contestant 1: This is a toughie. I am torn between some kind of perpetual motion machine but instead of motion it generates interesting conversation topics for everyone and a widget that provides us with terrible puns on a daily basis. Such a decision should not be made by a mere mortal.

Contestant 2: I would make it okay to do general gaming articles on the frontsite. I'm burned out on writing for FF but I still want to write about games.

Contestant 3: I think I would add a shop of really awesome nerd tat designed by our members. I actually was always working on that - and it ended up getting leaked way too early. But yeah, EoFF merchandise store is the dream that we're waiting for.

If Loony BoB was John Lennon, then who would be Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr?

Contestant 1: This is a void question - because there's no way that Loony BoB would ever be John Lennon. I also care very little about who else is who, do we even have Scouse members? Hunhhhhhhhh. I guess The EoFF Beatles would be the 4 Horsemen of the Adminopolypse.

Loony BoB - John Lennon
    Psychotic - Paul McCartney
    Del Murder - George Harrison
    Shlup - Ringo Starr

ps that Butler is Raistlin.

- Just as long as I can be Linda McCartney, because her sausages are dope.

Contestant 2: loony bob penetrated me, loony bob shaved my nip. and loony bob kissed my goat in that order. Take That will have never sounded so good!

Contestant 3: Del Murder, Psychotic, and Elly

Are the staff still the "goddamn Shin-Ra?

Contestant 1: No.

Contestant 2: Yes, because I am the beautiful Scarlett and I will bitch-slap fight Tifa into the ground. Lemme tell ya, I look mega great in a red dress.

Contestant 3: Will they ever not be? I mean this is such a timeless piece of EoFF's history - I don't think the staff are ever going to shake that 'rumour.'

Mr EOFF

If you could add one new thing to the main site or the forums, what would you want to add?

Contestant 1: A "teleport to this member function". It would only last for five minutes and you could only use it once a week, so you'd have to decide how best to use it. Has a member posted about a bad day in the Lifestream? Go give them a hug. Flirting it up in Discord? Go get yourself a quickie. The EoFF Annual Hootenanny would see everyone cramming into one person's home and trying to consume as much alcohol as possible in the five minutes.

All good ideas right? Let me tell you what I'd do with it. I'd make Formalhaut's life a living smurfing hell.

Once a week I'd strip down to a tight bright green banana hammock and put on one of those realistic horse masks, before slathering myself in an actual ocean of baby oil. Over at Formy's house, a woosh of a teleport is heard. He and Mr. Carnelian share a look of terror. The horse has come.

I'd rampage through his house, smashing everything. Tables? Overturned. Toothpaste? Squirted all over the bathroom. Shoes? Flung out the window. All this while incessantly bellowing. Formy would desperately try to grab a hold of this berserk horse, only to yet again have the oiled up equine slither out of his grasp. As time ticks over to five minutes I'd return home with a loud pop, and Formy is left with a house that looks like a violent slug orgy has taken place, and the still unanswered questions of who is doing this to him and why.

Contestant 2: A battle system. I belong to a forum a long time ago that had a text based clan battle system played on AIM. Everybody joined a clan, picked a class, and earned gold by posting. It was so much fun and I never saw anything like that again since.

Contestant 3: I would add a food forum. More specifically, a cooking forum. A forum about cooking frogs. Yes, that's it. A forum about cooking fried frog legs with a tangy dipping sauce. Wait, I got it. A forum about cooking fried frog legs with a tangy dipping sauce and sides of baked beans and potato salad. And an ice cold lemonade. That would be the greatest forum ever. Now excuse me, I need to go get a snack.

Contestant 4: Very good question. I'm not sure really. Obviously something that would either bring new members in, or tightens the bond between existing members. I remember doing the Community Updates a few years ago, and they were broadly successful for a while (whenever I remembered to do them, of course!).

Now that new threads aren't being produced once an hour, it'll have to be retuned. Maybe monthly, and with more of an emphasis on user input, like a "what I'm playing this month" as opposed to just a rote list of threads to look at. You might take elements from Eyes on You into the Community Update, and sort of turn the whole thing into a newsletter-type deal.

Look it's the best I've got, okay?

Contestant 5: I would definitely add a forum arcade! A forum I used to frequent in the past had this and, omg, it was so much fun. I spent far too much time playing all the various games available and trying to beat peoples high scores; there were often competitions held as well. Once the feature was taken away from the forum so many of us were calling for it to come back - it never did. I've been craving a forum arcade ever since, and I would love to see one here at Eyes on Final Fantasy.

If Loony BoB was John Lennon, then who would be Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr?

Contestant 1: I guess Paul could be his best friend Psychotic. Geourge could be "the quiet one" Del Murder (as I've heard of that guy but never met him). Ringo could be ShlupQuack, the weird one. They would have a nice thing going for a while until BoB's latest internet fling, aka Yoko Ono, comes in and breaks them all up. I'm obviously talking about loony bob penetrated me.

Contestant 2:

Paul McCartney: An overbearing need to control, categorise and order everything into spreadsheets
    George Harrison: A yearning to be near other human beings at all times, but not knowing how to achieve this other than collecting their hair and tenderly caressing it
    Ringo Starr: Final Fantasy XIV

Contestant 3: Psychotic, Fynn, and Bubba. When asked if Bubba was the best drummer in the world, Looney replied that he wasn't even the best in the band. Psychotic wrote a song titled "Will you Still Love my Nintendo 64?" Fynn announces sunrises.

Contestant 4: I'd be Ringo Starr. I mean, I have no musical talent whatseoever but he did used to do the narration for Thomas the Tank Engine which was, like, one of my favourite kids TV programmes back in the day so I feel like I've got a connection with him there. I also had drumming lessons as a kid...but only like, one. My teacher was ridiculously scary and I never went back. Bubba would be George Harrison because, you know, lead guitarist. As for Paul McCartney...hmm. I did a bit of digging for this one and I'm going for your.mind.is.on.the.line. I don't know this member - it was before my time. But they thought that he had one of the greatest voices in rock and roll so maybe they could step in to his shoes! http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....=1#post1874406

Contestant 5: Jesus Christ. I don't really know the Beatles very well, or know enough members to properly give an answer to this question. Uuuuuuh. Yeah, I'm gonna fail badly on this one, guys.

Psy as Paul McCartney.
    Steve as Ringo Starr.
    Christmas as George Harrison, because why the hell not at this point xD

Are the staff still the "goddamn Shin-Ra?

Contestant 1: ABSOLUTELY! While those scummy corporate &%#*#)#@ live it up in the life of luxury above the plate in their EoFF HQ the rest of us are doomed to a life of misery and suffering in the EoFF slums. I can...*cough* hardly breathe in all this smog. This guy are sick of the divide!

Contestant 2: If by Shin-Ra you mean the evil company in Final Fantasy VII, I am not aware of any of the staff ever being in Shin-Ra as the Shin-Ra are bad guys and the staff have always been very nice to me. However I notice that there is no end quote in your sentence so it is possible it got cut off and you meant "Shin-Ramyun", the spicy Korean noodle soup:

The question of whether or not the staff are Shin Ramyun is an interesting one. It starts off dry, which matches Psychotic's wit. Add some water and you get that wet noodle Loony BoB. It is quite spicy like Shauna, hot like Bubba, and overall gives you a good feeling like Pike does. As for Sephex, he's too busy thinking about that beef jerky hole to worry about noodles.

contestant 3: Some of my best friends are Shin-Ra!

Contestant 4:

The Cocky One

The Stern One

The Wacky One

The Bald One

The Bitchslappy One

The Grumpy One

The Deviant One

The Who Even Is This One?

Contestant 5: Apparently not.

There's some great answers in here. Lets see which gets the most votes.
    Last edited by theundeadhero; 07-11-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That horse mask answer is a disgrace.

+1000000000000 points.

I suspect I know who Mr. Contestant 3 is for question #1. But I don't want to give anything away.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Fun fact: EoFF used to have merch. Also an arcade.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Oh wow I love the answers in this round! I'm not going to vote right away, I need time! I'll read them again later and then make a decision. Maybe I'll vote tactically in this round
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 07-11-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Love that there is not one, but two mentions of lbpm. Also why did no one ever make a Loony BoB's Right Hand account? They would win MLT Get Together every time.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

True story, I have a - in front of my user name because it embarrassed BoB to have my name pop up in suggestions when you tried to PM him.
    Now my HP and MP are FULLY RESTORED!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Still doesn't fix what happens when you type 'loony bob' in the member list search.

EDIT: Well what do you know, there is a right hand account.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    EDIT: Well what do you know, there is a right hand account.
    When I saw you confirm this I thought "well, at least that one wasn't me" and to borrow a phrase, well what do you know, it was.

At least the original, loony bob kissed me, is a legitimate real person. The poor lad was a rando who merely wanted to join the EoFF Squad on Habbo Hotel and had to join the actual site as a rite of passage.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I will curse this contest forever for bringing back the horrid posts of loony bob penetrated me.