Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF D&D Game (15th March!)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Boco EoFF D&D Game (15th March!)

Would anyone be interested in playing some D&D 5e? It could be done with an online tabletop equivalent and a mic/headset.

I think a regular campaign would be nigh on impossible, so I guess a one shot would work best. I'm guessing a weekend would work best, and people can block out 4-6 hours in advance to really make a go of it.

Feel free to throw out thoughts, volunteer to be DM (god help you) and post what kinda times you're available and let's see what we can pull off.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have never done any proper d&d (my friends and I tried it once, but none of us had ever played before, so it wasn't fantastic), but I am endlessly interested in giving it a go.

However my availability is... tentative at all times, so I don't want to say what weekends I have available because it is subject to change. If we get a decent bunch I will pencil in the time and make sure I'm about though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I’d be up for this but I’ve never played it before. I’m free most evenings but weekends are probably better for everyone I think with time differences.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

only if i get to roleplay as shauna
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

That sucks Fynn, I think time is a major obstacle for playing D&D both offline and online!

Also yeah, beginners definitely welcome.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Possibly but I've had ot put my own game on hold lately so I'm unsure if I can make commitments.

I mean my classes are almost over but it is almost NaNoWriMo so i'll be busy again ha. If I was to join I super am not being a DM, I have not got to play this game without being the DM.

Articles

Freya 4 DM!

I’ve never DMed before but happy to give it a shot as it seems most people are new to the game.

What dates work for everyone? I’d probably suggest November or December dates so everyone has time in advance to get it in diaries.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sounds fun, depending on the time I'd like to try. I may even lobby Miriel to join =)

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Are you thinking of using a platform like roll20? Something like that would be fun.

Articles

Our next step is to find out everyone's availability. To that end I've made a Google doc. Please fill out your timezone and broad availability. From there I'll try to find a date and timeslot that suits as many people as possible.

I have put down really broad times for me, eg from 3pm to 2am on a Saturday, but I have no intention to actually play for 11 hours straight. I'm just really flexible and can fit my other stuff around D&D if I have a set time in advance. If I'm DM I'd try to make the session last around 4 hours, but I'd probably say to build in another hour or two to plans because it'll most likely go astray and people might want to take a break too.

At the moment I'd say we should still only plan for a one-off session and not entertain the thought of anything regular.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

oh those dates are weird european dates so it threw me off. is your time like 15:00 to 2 in the morning? or are you weirdly backwarding that too

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Are you thinking of using a platform like roll20? Something like that would be fun.
    Yes indeed, although I was actually thinking of Astral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    oh those dates are weird european dates so it threw me off. is your time like 15:00 to 2 in the morning? or are you weirdly backwarding that too
    Oh my bad, I've updated the sheet so hopefully those dates are more universally understood.

Also nah, you got it, those are my times. I can only repeat what I said above: I have put down really broad times for me, eg from 3pm to 2am on a Saturday, but I have no intention to actually play for 11 hours straight. If people wanted to play from say, 3pm to 7pm, I'd be available, likewise if people wanted to play from 10pm to 2am I'd be available, or any slot in between. I can just fit my other trout around once I know when D&D is.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok so I can't edit that sheet.

I can do 7-11pm Mon-Thu
    7-2am Fri
    All day Sat
    All day Sun up till 11pm

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Make sure somebody does at least an audio recording: it would be endlessly fascinating to know what DM-Psychotic would put together. If I wasn't in a completely smurfed timezone or already playing 4 separate games of 5e at the moment, I would definitely be sticking my curious nose in.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.