I recently started playing Morrowind using OpenMW and their One Day Modernise overhaul, and it's such a god damn delight. I always struggled with Morrowind, despite many members' enthusiasm for it (hi pike!), and just couldn't get into it.

I've been deeply unenthused with gaming for a while lately, and I honestly thought I must have grown out of it or something. Maybe I just didn't like playing games anymore?

But no. Morrowind is a delight and a genuine masterpiece. OpenMW in particular is so god damn smooth and beautiful, I love it.

I think I'm going to be exploring some of that early 2000 era of gaming more. Going to get my Thief on, try some Arx Fatalis, etc. Also recently picked up the Gloomwood demo, which has been a joy to play.

I don't necessarily know what the topic of this thread is! I just really wanted to gush xD

What are your All Time Top 5? What's been your favourite game of the past 5 years? Nerd out about Morrowind with me? I'm not sure xD

I think my Top 5, disorganised, would be Dark Souls 1, FF9, Disco Elysium, Morrowind, and something else. Not sure what has final slot!