Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG!! FF7 SEQUEL CONFIRMED!!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Best game-related news I've heard in a long while.
    If it's been reported at Eyes on FF, then it's got to be true. I hear that place really knows its stuff.

As long as the plot, script and voice-cast are OK, it has the potential to be brilliant. Especially if it gets a subtitled western release before too long.

Please, everyone, keep posting new info as it arrives!

Is it just me, or does this "amazing CG picture of Cloud" look like a very well-edited picture of Elijah Wood with a blonde mop?

i don't know, guys. Remember how well that "hunting for bambi" hoax infiltrated the media? Just because multiple sites say the same thing doesn't mean much. Especially when that same image is all they've got. And also especially when said image, while of professional quality, doesn't look to me to be of professional layout.

i'm still a bit sceptical. But hey, if it is true, i'm all for an FF7 movie happening.
    Last edited by Meow; 09-26-2003 at 05:25 AM.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, even the photographed action figures in the "FFVII-2 poster" made quite a stir back in April.
    The layout looks a bit strange, but then it's a magazine cover rather than an official advertisement. Still, it's strange that nothing at all has been mentioned about this 'till now - typically, you'd expect some kind of official announcement before serious production began.
    An up-close look at that picture's quite revealing; there are a lot of fine details in the character images. Could quite easily be character skins in another game's engine, I suppose... but for now, a little optimism won't hurt.
    I like the new-look logo, for one thing; if Nobuo Uematsu's doing the score, then I'd say they've got a good recipe for perfection.

Hopefully.

Still, the official yea or nay would be nice...

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Its offical you fools. Yes I am calling you fools because you don't go out and acutally try to find any sort of news.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2003/1955.html
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/451/451541p1.html

Just 2 sites. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Plenty of posts have already covered the many articles out there, all of which are essentially the exact same "scoop" with the exact same single image. This implies to me that it all came from one particular, obviously unofficial, source.

i won't fully believe any of this until Square says something about it. And if the articles speak truth, that will be very soon. And rumor shall be struck down by the Holy Sword of Veritas, and the boards will explode with ten thousand threads all saying the same thing. Yay?

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Its Jump Magazine and it gets leaked all the time. All magazines have leaks all the time. Its nothing new.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

[q=edczxcvbnm]Its offical you fools. Yes I am calling you fools because you don't go out and acutally try to find any sort of news.[/q]Actually, I did run a Yahoo.com search on "Final Fantasy VII Advent Children", which turned up nothing useful. Likewise when I browsed through the Squaresoft USA and Square Enix Europe sites' news pages.
    Far from being "foolish", it's actually prudent to avoid knotting one's undies 'till there's some official news, which should hopefully be released in the next day or so, according to that IGN.com article.

This sounds cool. I read the article at IGN and it seems pretty official. Looks nice enough. Most likely it will be a movie, not a game, and hopefully it'll find it's way to the US sometime.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

*has a heart attack*

I can't take anymore exciting news today!
    Too big.

I'll seriously jump ten thousand feet up in the air if Vincent's in it.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hopefully we'll be able to settle the "Yuffie or Yoo-fie" argument that's been brewing since Kingdom Hearts, too...

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

I liked the spirits within Movie.....

I could only hope that this is as cool as that.

Although FF7 was one of the coolest damn games ever....so I am sure it will have some "coolness"

this should be good, though to tell the truth it looks like a cosplay movie, not that that would be bad seeing as the players actually look good a fan movie(proporley made mind you) would do wonders
    look to the stars and capture your dreams

Cloud looks like trout. Sephiroth looks like trout. Why the hell is Sephiroth even there!? Why, why couldn't they have picked a worse game to do this to? >_< It was better with Final Fantasy X-2, Ten wasn't all that great so there wasn't much to ruin, but SEVEN!?

*goes into rabid fanboy mode*

I never thought I'd be so pissed at Square on a day they announced Kingdom Hearts 2... which looks pretty kick-ass by the way. -_-

I agree with Kenshin IV. I guess most of you knows what happened to Sephiroth, and it will just be stupid if he's another clone.

I believe i speak for the majority here when i'm saying that they should drop this project and rather create a remake, or at least a game.