Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why is it that Final Fantasy IX is getting the least attention?

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

chaos: FFIX getting the least attention? What about FFII?
    thank you! That is one overlooked game.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I really enjoy FF9, like I enjoy FF8. But FF7... I never really got a feel for that game.

I think FF9 is really funny, but I laugh at just about everything.
    This game ROCKS! I love it!

But, I don't know why many people hate this game. I don't really see any reason to hate it.

The battles do go a bit slow, and sometimes Trance can get a bit annoying, like once the battle ended and Zidane went into Trance. I was so angry!

But overall, I love this game!

Zidane: This is a fun topic, FFIX is one of the best FFs of all times, keyword there, ONE OF, ya see every ff has its fans, VII and X get more attention due to their sequels.

Garnet: It's actually good, that we don't get as much hype as Cloud and Tidus, because we don't get sequels, and a sequel is never quite as good as the originals.

ZidaneAndGarnet:

a sequel is never quite as good as the originals.

What about T2, and Aliens..........
    ......BLAH.....

^^^don't think ZidanceAndGarnet (a very clever s/n i might say) were talking about movies

but when it comes to thoes movies...yea, good sequels...i think there point was that the stroy of FFIX was fulfilled...there were really no "unanswered" questions except maybe about Vivi or Quina....but eh, you weren't really motivated to search more about them

Thumbs up My intro to FF

9 was the first final fantasy game I played. it was love! the music, the story, the graphics.. i was suprised that there werent many people who played it.

suppose it makes sense though. I mean if you look at the other FFs, the ones that are much more popular, they have character sex appeal, which 9 lacks, within comparison to other ffs. I'm sure there are other reasons, of course, (like the card game lacking directions) but that's what stands out the most to me. Personally I dont care, it was a great game, that deserves more attention.
    .... ??!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara
    I second that, while I more wish IX got more attention, I still also think II deserves more as well because despite some of the battle systems flaws, its very unique and has a lot of depth (concidering the time).

That and Josef rocks =D
    "If only I were a woman" -Some guy in Fable

Quote Originally Posted by Buccura
    I second that, while I more wish IX got more attention, I still also think II deserves more as well because despite some of the battle systems flaws, its very unique and has a lot of depth (concidering the time).
    I actually think FFT gets the least attention. I mean, at least people know FFII exsisted at some point, and the fact that now its out on GBA. But not everyone knows FFT actually exsisted because its not in the main line up. (FFI-FXI)

That and Josef rocks =D
    Minwu's better.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkSlayer
    I actually think FFT gets the least attention. I mean, at least people know FFII exsisted at some point, and the fact that now its out on GBA. But not everyone knows FFT actually exsisted because its not in the main line up. (FFI-FXI)

That and Josef rocks =D
    Minwu's better.
    Minwu rocks and if definantly the coolest white mage ever, but I just love Josef because his name is the same as mine (Only spelled Joseph)
    "If only I were a woman" -Some guy in Fable

Blog Entries

Man, them Sims, go figure.

there was a picture here

FFIX gets the least attention among the PSX Final Fantasies because people prefer angst and sex appeal. The only two things FF8 really have. Because it lacks in everything else, specially storyline (Storyline? WHERE? I only see... a damn freaking time loop -_-).

And about Trance. I prefer it over Limit Break, because Renzokuken made FF8 REALLY easy. The another Limit Break are very overpowered, as well. Armageddon Fist, anyone? Shockwave Pulsar, anyone? Angel Wing, Hyper Shot, Rapture, TheEd, anyone?
    Merton and Aura makes the game easier, as well, specially Aura. Aura gives you Full HP Limit Breaks. Holy War and Hero make syou survive Terra Breaks, Apocalypse, Light Pillar, everything. It isn't fair. Plus the parallel level system and junction system in FF8. You can be below Lv10 and even Ultima Weapon can be easy.

Trance doesn't appear anytime, plus they can't cause "OMG WTF 9999 x 16 WTF LOL DAT'S SO COOL" and such. You say Eidolons cause spiffy damage, but what about Lv100 Brothers with Boost and All SumMag+ causing 3000~ damage? u.u

Well, let me stop the neverending dumbness I did XD
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

I guess the reason this is my favorite game, is because I always end up coming back to it.

I especially love the Excalibur 2 challenge, and Ozma.

This game also has the best chocobo sidequest of any Final Fantasy, period.

This game is also very intricate in many ways. It has a ton of content, references, interesting quirks, and such. Theres like a million key items with little phrases, tons of moogles with different personalities (artemicion, stilzkin, the moogles in Maiden Sari, Mog), and lots of historical information on tablets and statues around the world. Tons of little mini-games involving the collection of various Stazillio with different descriptions, the different coffees, and all the various types of cards, frog catching, etc. etc. etc.. Tons and tons of items, various weapons, and equipment that have different abilities, and add different status effects to weapons, elemental defense/attack to armor/weapons. Also, this game has the most diverse population of demi-humans I have ever seen, and tons of strange, quirky characters.

I just feel like this game has a ton of content. It's has a huge, intricate web of references to past final fantasies as well. This also makes it the perfect Final Fantasy for a Riddle Topic.

well there are several reasons why this one gets passed over.
    the first is of course after the disater that was FF VIII many fans gave up on the series.
    second is that the fans who enjoyed FF VII and FF VIII for thier futuristic looks didnt like the regression back to a more mideivel time.
    third is of course the lack of "sex appeal" [a factor I wish that wasnt a part of it]
    and the most damning factor is the fact it came in between a transgression from PS1 to PS2, and every one was more interested in the promises of FF X and a new console to toy with.
    Don't tease the octopus folks...

Something BackRoomKid said was that there was very little left to wonderabout. There was in 7 and 8 so people talked about it afterwards, wondering 'did anyone survive from 7', 'who were squalls parents?' that kind of thing. There was none of that after 9, exept maybe about Vivi, as everything was answered in the final cutscene (which was fairly rocking might I say), so people don't tend to discuss it as much after the event.

It also had the feel of being a bit of a filler FF, like Sunny Rabbiera said. They were waiting for X to come out on the PS2. Not to say I don't like it (I love them all, and it tends to be the one I'm playing which is my favourite), but there's just something about it. Also, most of the really good things that appeal to me about FFXI is the details and the sidequests, which you can't play with until near the end.

And finally, there is the lack of a big kickarse sword! Braver, Lionheart, cool waterone-whoes-name-I-have-forgotten. Nothing in IX. And what is a Final Fantasy without it's iconic sword.
    Oh no, the end has fallen off - Uri De'Jeller

Quote Originally Posted by Tanwen Strife
    And finally, there is the lack of a big kickarse sword! Braver, Lionheart, cool waterone-whoes-name-I-have-forgotten. Nothing in IX. And what is a Final Fantasy without it's iconic sword.
    Steiner is very sad with you. He will go to the corner, cry a lot, and kill you with Excalibur II afterwards. XDD
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O