Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: eoff meetup UK number 2! (you'd better believe it!)

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

For those going Alton Towers be careful of 'whirlwind'
    I sat on a bee on that ride..Very painful :weep:

I'm better than you. Chubbzilla's Avatar

Excuse me for being a cynic, but whatever.
    The Alton Towers thing was originally discussed a few weeks ago by myself and Garnie in voice chat.
    The fact that someone else decided to post about it and wanted to organise it is fine. That wasn't a problem.
    But now all of a sudden it's been turned into a shopping trip in Glasgow organised by a bunch of 14 year olds. Heh.
    Seriously, when someone makes a serious suggestion about something, it's actually quite rude to go off and organise your own thing in the same thread.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbzilla
    The Alton Towers thing was originally discussed a few weeks ago by myself and Garnie in voice chat.
    The fact that someone else decided to post about it and wanted to organise it is fine. That wasn't a problem.
    I think that's just coincidence in regards to this thread, as there was a discussion about a meet up at Alton Towers about 4 months ago (and there was quite a bit of planning, but the thread died), then later everyone decided to pick Birmingham for....whatever reasons, I forget them now, but we said there that the next one should be at Alton Towers.

But if the Scottish people want to organise their own one, I can't see the harm in it. I wouldn't recommend it personally, as I don't think there'd be a high turnout, and they'd be better off coming to the one down in England. (But secretly I am only saying this so I can meet them too )
    Last edited by Psychotic; 06-20-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    But if the Scottish people want to organise their own one, I can't see the harm in it. I wouldn't recommend it personally, as I don't think there'd be a high turnout, and they'd be better off coming to the one down in England.
    Hmm... It probably would be better off going down to England... but, like Chub said it is getting planned by 14 year olds...

Do you really think 14 year olds would be allowed to go to England to meet complete strangers?

I definetly know my mum would shout at me, and make sure I never bring it up again...

And, I would really love to meet all of you, but like I said about my mum...

I've decided not to attend this one.

Better luck next year.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    (But secretly I am only saying this so I can meet them too )
    #1 reason not to go to England.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

it seems that there is alot of interest in a scotland meet up. go for it!! as its too far from me i cannot the festival sounds cool and the thought of being able to raid BoBs fridge is toooooo tempting
    if the interest in manchester is big enough i'll organise that. but not if theres only a few people.

Trust No one

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

I'm interested in Manchester! It would be so cool to meet up!

Smile and Be happy

we've got a meet up in manchester!!! looks like its going to be the 16th of July.
    a day of shopping me thinks!

Trust No one

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yes! it would be so great to meet you all... ;_;

*sigh*

Maybe when I'm a little older...

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Baloki doesn't like shopping!

lol, typical of my luck. you all come to near me and its weekend im away, well hope you all have a good time

mind you probly for the best, last time i went to manchester i almost got stabbed twice and ran over once. what can i say, some mancs dont like scousers
    AMBITION MAKES YOU LOOK PRETTY UGLY

KICKING SQUEALING GUCCI LIL PIGGY
    Phew, for a minute there, i lost myself

I'm better than you. Chubbzilla's Avatar

Don't get me wrong here, if the scottish contingent want to organise something for themselves fair enough, good luck to them. I'm just saying you maybe need to think about it all a little more rather than just one person saying one thing, everyone going with it, then another person saying another thing, and everyone switching to that idea. Meet ups need a bit of planning. You need to come up with a few ideas and have a vote on them or something, see what the general opinion is, rather than just who can type the most caps and use the most punctuation.
    And the comment about the 14 year olds isn't a dig at you lot, I'm just pointing out that something like this needs someone who is a) an adult, and b) responsible, to take charge and organise.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Blah blah blah blah blah that's all i have to say and a bunch of 14 year olds???!!!! hmm maybe i should bring the trout well if i can save enough money i might be able to go to Manchester on the 16th but it depends if not Glasgow it is so then again im sure i could get money off Squinn :laugh: if i beg him hehe :skull7:..x..

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbzilla
    Don't get me wrong here, if the scottish contingent want to organise something for themselves fair enough, good luck to them. I'm just saying you maybe need to think about it all a little more rather than just one person saying one thing, everyone going with it, then another person saying another thing, and everyone switching to that idea. Meet ups need a bit of planning. You need to come up with a few ideas and have a vote on them or something, see what the general opinion is, rather than just who can type the most caps and use the most punctuation.
    And the comment about the 14 year olds isn't a dig at you lot, I'm just pointing out that something like this needs someone who is a) an adult, and b) responsible, to take charge and organise.
    don't worry about it all! if i'm oganising it nothing can go wrong *BOOOOOOOM!*
    the last meet up wasn't really organised all that well. we just said where we were going to be booked a hotel (zorander <3333333333333333) and got pissed
    a day trip isn't going to take too much organising really. and seen as i'm 20 and so is baloki i'm sure the younger people will be safe.

Trust No one