Page 56 of 130 FirstFirst ... 63646505152535455565758596061626676106 ... LastLast

Thread: FFIX Riddles v2.0

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I have a feeling it has something to do with Memoria... The 'I' could be for example the Defense Phantom, the answer being... Hmm... the Ribbon card?

Reach for the stars
    And your dreams will come true,

When you find him and challenge him, Zidane looks up as if the Phantom was "in the stars".

I could be a coward,
    but only to you,

He plays his game very defensively and does not really attack

I may not be strong,
    but my talent I gain,

Again he plays defensively (and his cards are defensive)

I say who I am,
    but thats not what you need,

If my memory servs me right, he says: "I am the Defense phantom" or something like that. His name isn't the answer though.

The answer is there,
    but on time do not heed.

The answer (Ribbon card) is always in his hand. "On time do not heed" may refer to that you can take your time with the game

Ribbon card being "gotten from him" as you say.
    Doesn't sound right anymore, but since I typed it out I might as well post it

good answer and you're kind of on the right track with reasoning Rantzien but no sorry, for everyone else PLEASE give reasoning or i cant help you
    I'll figure it out later...

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going for good old Pure Quin14 "not answering, but just uncovering little bits" method.

Reach for the stars
    And your dreams will come true,

reach for the stars could be literal (as in fly, or fly upwards) or the saying thing which means to...urrrr.....can't remember. Aim high with your potential. That sorta thing.

I could be a coward,
    but only to you,

So the "you" is the answer? Hm. I'm guessing this means that the answer would call the "I" a coward. But people tend to say that to try and provoke people. So the "I" isn't coming into a fight. Summat like that. Bad explanation sorry.

I may not be strong,
    but my talent I gain,

"I" isn't strong. 2nd lines a goodun. Quite confusing. Could be..umm...summat like Valia Pira or Pria or whatever, because it's nto strong, but because of the bloodstones it boosts itself. That's it. The "I" boosts itself in some way.

I say who I am,
    but thats not what you need,

Even though you know who the "I" is. It's not the info you need. Pretty obvious line.

The answer is there,
    but on time do not heed.

Do not heed on time. That's basically "Be quick!" I think. I never remember definitons very well.

That may not have helped anyone. I'm hoping Lenna can comment on it better than I wrote it haha.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Quin14
    So the "you" is the answer?
    That makes sense. I tried to find if the answer was found in the riddle, but I never thought of that possibility.

Reach for the stars- Reach up for Memoria or go up for it,

And your dreams will come true- It's a place of dreams so you'll see your dreams and past,

I could be a coward- The boss inside(Nova Dragon) could be weak for sending all the other dragons to do his work,

but only to you- To the dragons it's really strong,:riiight:

I may not be strong- It's not strong,

but my talent I gain- It's the Nova Dragon and it does some type of wave blast thing ,I think, and it's sorta like a nova,:riiight:

I say who I am- It says who it is with it's attack discribed in the previous line,

but thats not what you need- It won't help you what so ever,

The answer is there- The answer to defeating it is there somewhere,

but on time do not heed- Don't waste time trying to figure out the weakness or it'll kill your party(Thats why you get strategy guide to find out its weakness)
    You probobly already know but my guess is the Nova Dragon and it's probobly really wrong and far from the answer.

I'm just gonna throw this right out there.

That mog dude that helps you and your chocobo with finding different places like the lagoon and that floating island way up in the sky. Or anything to do with that.

Thank you Hysterian!

I'll make a token effort here....

Reach for the stars
    And your dreams will come true, --> these 2 could mean a lot of things...summat tells me it could be like Rantizen said, literally in the stars, and you reach for it. Items coem to mind, but i cant recall most of the last disc.
    I could be a coward, --> Terran race? Possibly Kuja, or even Garland.
    but only to you,
    I may not be strong,
    but my talent I gain, --> My is the same as I right? So you gain your own power? Or coming of age sorta thing - Vivi, Kuja, or summoning?
    I say who I am,
    but thats not what you need, -->Need for answer or need in game? I dont know, and not much help to me either way.
    The answer is there,
    but on time do not heed. --> by definition, i think that makes IGNORE time, theres no rush.

I think this is summat to do with Terra. Escaping it in particular. There is no rush. Maybe the events just after Kuja goes trance? To be honest, I have no idea as of yet.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

nope sorry but the You isn't the answer, as I mentioned before the I is where you get the answer from, but I isn't the answer, only the connection

And actually heed means pay attention to and in this case means do not pay attention to time therefore - time is not a virtue.

Is it a monster?

the answer is me! As in the player

no the answer is not the player or a monster.

Reach for the stars
    And your dreams will come true, -- that's spiritual talk and fate talk and all that stuff
    I could be a coward,
    but only to you, -- pretty obvius
    I may not be strong,
    but my talent I gain, -- as in you learn new skills
    I say who I am,
    but thats not what you need, -- the name is not important or something
    The answer is there,
    but on time do not heed -- the answer of something

I guess Zidane or Vivi!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So it's something with a time limit? I'm guessing it's a subquest. I'll go Blank and Zidane's little fight. (my reason in shortened form, as I don't have much time) Stars could mean famous people. Then Blank runs away. Unfortunately my brain isn't at it's peak right now, so can't link the last 2 parts to the answer. But anyhoo, Blank and Zidane's fight.

where time is not important means time is not important, therefore a limit wouldn't be necessary.

when time is important it means there's a limit, but where not means you can take as long as you want.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Reach for the stars
    And your dreams will come true if zidane works hard he can get a home
    I could be a coward,
    but only to you kuja wasnt brave enough to start a war on his own but he used the queen
    I may not be strong,
    but my talent I gainwe beat him but he gains his power during trance
    I say who I am,
    but thats not what you need he says he is angel of death but you dont need that
    The answer is there,
    but on time do not heed um blah blah blah

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.