Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by yuna_elena
    I saw it last night. It was awesome. The SFX were great, I agree. ^__^

The girl who played Cho Chang, I knew her and I used to bully her when we were in school. >=D

...Not really... It's just that, she's Scottish, and she sounded like she was from around Glasgow like me... And nobody would know.
    Plus Katie Leung is several years older than you and would have been bullying you.

I don't see any reason why ANYBODY can have serious problems with this movie. Especially for "cutting things out." If they didn't cut things out, it would have been 6 hours long. The beginning HAD to be done quickly, and it was done so, and after they got to Hogwarts, I think the movie flowed wonderfully. Voldemort was, actually, exactly how I imagined him. This could be the best movie I've seen this year. It's a shame that Mike Newell won't be doing <i>Order of the Phoenix</i>, because he did a wonderful job with this one. Brendan Gleeson as Mad-Eye Moody was fantastic.

It has Daniel Radcliffe with a bath scene! *droolzors* I love it!

But it wasn't as good as I thought, movie-wise.... the book was superior. Although, it was far greater than the 3rd movie... blech.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito
    Plus Katie Leung is several years older than you and would have been bullying you.
    Yeah, yeah. I know. I just wanted to say it.

Overall, the movie was great. But... Some points that were kinda crucial... Can't think of any atm, but when I watched the film there were some things that could have been put in, but were just removed so they could have Harry hang off a roof.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My list aside, I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I went in expecting a horribly choppy but fun movie, and that's exactly what I got. I don't have any problems with it, and the jokes were actually rather amusing, the script falling flat in only a few minor places.

The dragon scene was weird. Awesome special effects...throughout the whole movie!...but it was so drawn out. And wtf did he start destroying Hogwarts!? And they placed the Quidditch pitch so far away from Hoggy Warty Hogwarts.

-_- And the stereotype of the Patil twins at the Yule ball...grrr...argh...*angry* It's like they forgot about cultural imperialism or something. :laugh:
    Last edited by Resha; 11-20-2005 at 10:50 AM.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Was Harry's acting good this time? The "HE WAS THEIR FRIEND" scene from the 3rd one made me laugh the other day.

Spoilered review:

Acting was superb, but special mention to Barty Crouch Junior (David Tennant?), Mad Eye Moody (?), Snape (Alan Rickman) and Violdemort (Ralph Fiennes)... Not quite so special mentions but great job also goes to Daniel Radcliff (Harry), the bloke who played Barty Crouch Senior and Michael gambon (dumbledore)

As an adaptation of the book it's a failure, it misses so much out. But as a MOVIE, as it's own story i'd say it's BY FAR the best so far. Not just because of BOTH versions of Barty Crouch making him the most brilliant villain ever, but because the actingall round, pacing is good and it has an actual movie standard plot which is realised well, rather than just presented in front of us...

The only thing I felt which was poorly explained was the one line; "Prior incantarti makes wands regurgitate their last spells." Dumbledore explains that it wasnt really Harries parents but the loss of that ONE LINE is the only thing that bothered me

Oh. and go David Tennant, he just works so well. The scenes where he plays a psychotic murderer, brilliant. The scene where he tries to slip out of the courtroom, brilliant. The scene where he's sucking up to Voldemort, brilliant. The scene where he's stalking the ruins of the camp, ohhh.... That was just... BRILLIANT
    I just wish we'd of had more of him, and more of Mad Eye, they were just COMPLETELY brilliant characters... or a character....

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Was Harry's acting good this time? The "HE WAS THEIR FRIEND" scene from the 3rd one made me laugh the other day.
    What? I don't remember that line...

When he goes to Hogsmead or whatever it's called. He goes into the pub with his invisiblity cloak on and finds out that guy is his god parent. Then he is sat on the rock crying and shouts it, followed by something along the lines of "I'm going to kill him!" Which is equally hilarious.
    Last edited by Craig; 11-20-2005 at 05:16 PM.

Oooohhhhhh...... Sirius Black.... yeah.

Harry's acting isn't bad, but I still prefer his naked, moist, teenage body... *melts*

cough*gay*cough

cough*DUH*cough

Maybe the bishonen in my rainbow sig or my uber custom title gave you a hint or two... Or is it the fact that I flirt with Chris and beg him to put his photo in his sig?

BACK TO THE MOVIE: thar bee spoilerz ahed

The maze was lame... the Acromantula was nowhere, same as the Blast-Ended Skrewts...

im new! i know nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifthom
    Oh. and go David Tennant, he just works so well. The scenes where he plays a psychotic murderer, brilliant. The scene where he tries to slip out of the courtroom, brilliant. The scene where he's sucking up to Voldemort, brilliant. The scene where he's stalking the ruins of the camp, ohhh.... That was just... BRILLIANT
    1. In the book, when Crouch Jr. is accused of being in league with Voldemort, he begs his father not to send him to Azkaban. In the movie, they make Crouch Jr. seem like a lunatic by yelling "The dark lord will rise again!". This never happened. I think Bellatrix Lestrange was the person to yell that. Just like Dumbledore, they have Crouch Jr. out of character.

2. Crouch Jr., a person who recently escaped from Azkaban, would NOT be freely strolling around the burnt campground, especially one full of people from the Ministry of Magic. In the book, I think he is hiding in the hedges or something when he sends out the dark mark, not casually strolling around.

It was tolerable but Snape hitting Harry and Ron in the head was a riot.

I am the biggest Hiei fan in the universe. I AM THE BLACK MAGE! I CASTS THE SPELLS THAT MAKES THE PEOPLES FALL DOWN!!