Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: "If they made a FFIX movie..."

I forgot who sung 'melodies of life' but whomever it was should do the voice of Garnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar
    Zidane: In game -16-; actor -21-
    Garnet: In game -16-; actrice -19-
    Vivi: In game -9-; actor -14-
    Eiko: In game -6-; actrice -12-
    Vivi: In game -9-; actor -13-
    Eiko: In game -6-; actor -14-

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi123
    Vivi: In game -9-; actor -13-
    Eiko: In game -6-; actor -14-
    Vivi: In game -9-; actor -9-
    Eiko: In game -6-; actor -37-

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:laugh:

all neon like

If Square-Enix ever made a Final Fantasy IX movie (and this goes for all the other FFs, too) it should definitly not be live action. It should be in CG.

LOVE♥SHINE

Actually, Kelly Preston should play Beatrix!
    And some guy should play Steiner...hmm...yeah arnold's good, but I imagined Beatrix as arnold...damn.

Well no one will look EXACTLY like the characters, but I think Camilla Belle Should play Garnet, and Noah Taylor should grow long hair and play Zidane...maybe...I dunno.
    Last edited by daggertrepe; 05-04-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Except the age, Orlando Boom might make a goos Zidane. Many people will watch it then. Even my sister(who hates all games.)

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But...but but....but...Orlando Bloom's a crap actor...(except in LotR)

Jojo should play Dagger.

I don't know about the rest, but I think Ayumi Hamasaki should be given a shot at playing General Beatrix, if a real life movie was made. She has the face and the figure. It will be a tribute to Japan where Square is based, and to all the beautiful women there.

However, a computer generated movie is always preferred. The imagination can be stretched more, voice actors that do not look like in any way the characters can be used, the magic special effects can be rendered more effectively (imagine how the sequence of Garnet summoning a monster eidolon like Bahamut or Ark would look like using today's rendering) and perhaps adjusting the body proportions to resemble a bit more realistic dimensions while still retaining some cuteness.

But one major challenge would remain, and that is ensuring a story, which is already entertained as a console game, will better perform as a story for the movie theatre. To the point that audiences who previously support other FF series over FF9 will be forced to take a new look at this largely ignored game which had great effort put into making it.
    But as some here said, given the mediocre track record of Advent Children and others, I would hate to see FF9 get disliked even more because of a botched movie production, given that now movie studios are being run by accountants instead of true movie makers.