Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting around the IX body structure....

Default Getting around the IX body structure....

In case you're clueless about the title, I'm referring to the character's heights we see in the game. Due to the game's style, all characters are basically these half-sized misfits and that's that. What I'm interested in is predicting their actual heights and see where everyone is at in comparison to each other. No, you don't have to be precise, as Amarant is 6'5" and Steiner is 6'0", simple lists in order of tallest-shortest works fine. You're free to include as many characters as you want, but I'm just going to do the main characters for the time being...

Tallest-Shortest
    Amarant
    Freya (without hat*
    Steiner
    Quina
    Zidane
    Sarah (Dagger)
    Vivi *without hat*
    Eiko

I'm not sure if I got Freya right, but that tall hat she wears gives her quite an advantage, but looking at Burmecians in general, they strike me as fairly tall race. Same with Vivi, as his hat gives him more height, but without the hat, I figure he still beats Eiko. She's only a young kid after all...

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

what is the point of this thread?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

to cry aloud with mirth and merriment

I think people should start putting spoiler tags on a certain someone's name

Hold on. I got the art book.

And the Burmecians/ Cleryans aren't that tall, actually. Only about half a head taller than Zidane, who is used as the constant for relative heights.

Beatrix is actually SLIGHTLY taller than the average burmecian female (though shorter than the males)

So, the order would be...

Amarant (given his height while stooping, he wins this easily)
    Steiner
    -Beatrix- (beats freya by a slim margin, though her hair may give her the illusion of slightly more height)
    Freya
    Quina
    Zidane
    Sarah (Dagger)
    Vivi *without hat*
    Eiko

It's interesting to note that Dagger was- in the original Amano sketches- blonde and holding a slim, curved sword.

I think most of Amarants size comes from his fro

why do people keep calling Dagger 'Sarah'?

Because that's her birth name, before she became a replacement for the 'real' princess garnet.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, this is perhaps not a great conversation now. As I'm sure the "Sarah" is spoiling for some. As my stalkee said.

And i always thought Freya was taller than Beatrix. I can't imagine her being shorter.
    I'll look at it when they join up.

When do you find that out?

and i think Freya's taller, to keep on the subject

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

....nowhere...it's all a lie

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    It's interesting to note that Dagger was- in the original Amano sketches- blonde and holding a slim, curved sword.
    Amano thinks everyone's blonde :P

Not everyone. Amarant had red hair.

Ba dum tish.

Actually, so did a lot of the FF6ers in their early Amano forms.

I just thought it was interesting that they decided to change her hair color so much from conception to execution. Granted, the final style doesn't much resemble Amano's much, but most of the features in his artwork were kept, making the exception of Dagger (and Eiko's, for that matter) hair color stand out.

I guess they were sticking to tradition of making character models wildly different from conceptual art. Even though at the time the hardware wasn't a limitation like was the excuse in older Fantasys xD

It depends on the drawing. Amano doesn't draw preportions, or even color, or anything the same in ihs pictures. The colors used in his drawings are used to portray a certain emotion about a character.

For instance, Cyan. Very strong, with dark hair. Eiko has green hair with green clothes in one picture, and in another she has blond hair. I think a lot of the reason amano's drawings have so much white/blond hair is because the color of the person's hair shows a certain emotion he wants (along with many other factors: the clothes, the style, everything). In many cases, white hair shows age, such as Galuf.
    Attached Images Attached Images