Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFIX Music

FFIX Music

I'm not bashing Final Fantasy IX but don't you guys think that in comparison to the other Final Fantasy music in the series IX's music is just average?

Having just acquired the OSTs for FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and FFX-2, I think that the music of FFIX is the best. There are only a few tracks on the others that I like, but I could very easily listen to the FFIX soundtrack the whole way through.

I'd rate them like this:

1. FFIX
    2. FFVIII
    3. FFVII
    4. FFX
    5. FFX-2

Zidane: "Melodies of Life" and "You're Not Alone" = the best FFIX ever.

"Melodies of Life" is beautiful, though we believe they needed someone else singing the song. Captures the adventure and the love between Zidane & Garnet.

"You're Not Alone" energy, bitter feeling, bitter mood, it's a gautlet fight theme that suits Zidane, and explains, especially at the end of the end, you're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    Zidane: "Melodies of Life" and "You're Not Alone" = the best FFIX ever.

"Melodies of Life" is beautiful, though we believe they needed someone else singing the song. Captures the adventure and the love between Zidane & Garnet.

"You're Not Alone" energy, bitter feeling, bitter mood, it's a gautlet fight theme that suits Zidane, and explains, especially at the end of the end, you're not alone.
    I'm not flaming or bashing you guys but...That's it? I guess that proves my point that the FFIX soundtrack is average.

Zidane: What makes you say that? How does that prove your theory? In all seriousness, some of the theme are remixs to previous ff themes anyway.

Zidane: What makes you say that? How does that prove your theory? In all seriousness, some of the theme are remixs to previous ff themes anyway.
    Well the only songs that you guys acknowledged were "Melodies of Life" and "You're Not Alone" so I assumed that you guys disliked the other songs.

It'd take too long to make a list of the tracks I like, so here are the ones I don't. Quad Mist (Tetra Master theme), Fairy Battle, Gargan Roo and Fossil Roo. All the others, in my opinion, are splendid.

Quote Originally Posted by John_912
    Well the only songs that you guys acknowledged were "Melodies of Life" and "You're Not Alone" so I assumed that you guys disliked the other songs.
    Garnet: No, the sound track was wonderful but "Melodies of Life" and "You're Not Alone" are our favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by John_912
    Garnet: No, the sound track was wonderful but "Melodies of Life" and "You're Not Alone" are our favorites.
    I guess I just made an ass out of myself by assuming.LOL!!!
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 04-07-2006 at 05:05 AM.

Zidane: No, you didn't make an ass of yourself, you just misuderstood us.

I think my favorite song in the FFIX soundtrack is the battle theme that's playing in the background when you're fighting Kuja near the end of the game. It's cool because it's kind of like the death metal song in FFX except it doesn't have any lyrics.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 04-07-2006 at 04:51 AM.

i don't complain about the game music. i like them all, and i think "Melodies of Life" is one of the best game themesongs i've heard.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Disc 4 of the OST, tracks 6 to....9 I think. All the music from the start of Terra to the end I believe it is. Especially the organ one.

The music from FFIX is very good. My favorites are Eiko's Theme, Vivi's Theme, The Place I'll Return To Someday, Garnet's Song, and Garnet's Song 2.

FFIX has lovely pretty music.
    From this post its pretty obvious that your a rock fan and nothing more.