• Okay

16 48.48%
  • Rocked

14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts of the movie

Remnant of Sephiroth Oasis Writer's Avatar

I would have to agree. Flowers don't make a relationship, it just cures weird space illnesses.
    I want to sail the darkness of the Cosmos using this planet as my vessel

6/10, that's the lowest I think has been posted, would you like to illuminate on your review?

Which reminds me, I never went and picked a number... I loved the movie despite its shortcoming 8/10

I was about ready to post a 6/10 rating myself earlier but decided not to.

But I will say again why I think this movie is just about average at best (which is probably a similar reason to why the guy who did actually post the 6/10 rating posted it).

I will copy and paste a review I gave about it in another thread which would describe the rating.

"But what I think really brings down this film and why in the end it would get no higher than a grade that is just above average is the poor character development for all the new characters (which the movie is pretty much based around) and all the choppy story sequences.

The various scenes do not flow very well together at all in Advent Children and when you look at all the new characters that Square added in for this movie it becomes painfully obvious that they are familiar with creating characters for 50 hour long video games and not 90 minute long movies.

All the new characters were very poorly put together. And it might not have been that big of a deal if they didn't put so much focus on them and instead focused in on the characters from the game that were already developed. But the downfall of this movie is the fact that they chose to put the focus of the story onto those poorly put together characters."

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I really liked it. I know it's mainly a fan service movie, but since I am a pretty big fan of FFVII, I don't mind that. I mean, I saw it back when it was all over torrent sites a few months ago. However, I decided to pick it up when it came out.

If I MUST rate the movie like everyone has been doing I will give it a 8/10.

Very valid points from all of you. More in depth, what would you liked to see more/less of in the movie, and would you like to see a second, or maybe a game of this?

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

No. DoC is set a year after AC, we don't NEED some pointless filler. Maybe a remake.

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

I've heard they're remaking 7 on the PS3, and that Crisis Core is.....well, I don't know what that is exactly.

I wouldn't want them to make another unless they actually gave it a plot worthy of having the ff7 title (as they definitely did not with Advent Children).

They need to give the characters that they create for these movies more characterization. If they do not give them very good characterization than you do not become interested or start caring about them. And if you do not care about them you will not take a very great interest in the battles that they fight. So as a result the movie just becomes boring.
    Last edited by darkchrono; 04-30-2006 at 11:34 PM.

They could, just takes practice, other than FFVII, they've only had tests with the first one and that freakin' sucked, hands down. If you look at improvement, they've done it.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm stickying this thread so that everyone who wants to comment about how they liked the movie can come here. There's way too many threads about it.

I thought it was good. Great, even. Although I would have liked more interaction between characters. That's really the only complaint I have.
    --Box Box Box Box

Sweet! My thread got stickied lol - Thanks

I would have also liked to see more plot to it, or at least a little more dialogue.

My only compliant about the movie is the interaction of the characters(which was few and far between) and the fact that no other towns/cities were visited...Calm...Junon etc. It was a great movie...that's all I have to say.

Edit~ Would you guys please quit complaining that the movie was a total let down. Your pants is a total let down.

The movie wasn't a let down, I've seen it 23 times already I loved it.