Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Official FFXIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis Thread

Here's a lil scan that i thought was interesting:

He looks like cloud with his sword
    Here another interesting scan:

look at the similarities it has to ff7.
    the bahumut, the lil dogs in AC and the way she attacks the dragon is jus like cloud in AC!

guess what i heard about the new engine that this game is gonna run on:
    "The game runs on the White Engine, an all-new exclusive next-gen engine built for Square Enix's future games. It was originally planned for the PlayStation 2 but was later moved to the PlayStation 3. Realistic CGI cutscenes can be created using this engine, and the quality of these cutscene sequences has never been achieved before on the PlayStation 2 or the PlayStation." - wikipedia!

So we can actually play the exact graphics of the cutscene! and blue ray takes it furthur with HD quality!!

THESE ARE MAGNIFICENT SCANS REALLY!
    Last edited by sephiroth45; 06-04-2006 at 10:56 PM.

what are you talking about?
    of course they look alike they're both made by SE!!!
    If you suggesting that they're running out of ideas
    your sadly mistaken. All these new concepts that we've
    never seen are being released!

no im not saying that SE is running out of ideas or something, but merely pointing out the simmilarities!
    and could u post this on the first post:
    "Gravity
    In a developer interview, Motomu Toriyama stated that the E3 Trailer shows what is known as the 'Gravity Bomb', known as the spell 'Gravity' in previous games. Presumably, it refers to the electrical energy field that surrounds the young woman shown in the trailer. It has some unique properties by allowing her to defy gravity, as well as allowing her to use it as a weapon.

Graphics
    The game runs on the White Engine, an all-new exclusive next-gen engine built for Square Enix's future games. It was originally planned for the PlayStation 2 but was later moved to the PlayStation 3. Realistic CGI cutscenes can be created using this engine, and the quality of these cutscene sequences has never been achieved before on the PlayStation 2 or the PlayStation.

Online Option
    While players will still get to experience Final Fantasy XIII as an offline game, Yoshinori Kitase has stated in the developer interview that players will also get to play Final Fantasy XIII online as well"-wikipedia

ye that's it!

Moogle

Sounds exciting... my only dissapointment so far is that its on PS3:rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by blak_spyder
    It would've kicked ass on the Wii(taking out the XIII of course)

FF: Fabula Nova Crystallis (Wii) sounds good to me.

And they could've made a different looking FF: XIII.

PS: I don't like SE's idea of making Crystal Chronicles for Nintendo's system, make a REAL FF for Nintendo, you lazy bums! (though I'm really psyched 'bout the ability to play Crystal Chronicles online with other people =) ).

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    I really don't want this to look like monitoring or anything, just reminding you that you shouldn't swear! Any admins or mods, can you please rewrite it or Deathknight can u rewrite it?

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan
    I really don't want this to look like monitoring or anything, just reminding you that you shouldn't swear! Any admins or mods, can you please rewrite it or Deathknight can u rewrite it?
    Ye that did kind of sounded like member moderating! And the answer why it's not on the WII is cause the WII doesn't have enough graphic capability and is not as powerful as the PS3. PS. THAT'S WHY PS3 IS $500-$600! Ye that would be interesting to have an ff with the WII technology, but that's why crystal bearers is coming out! PLUS Ps3 will use blueray discs which are HD quality taking gaming to a whole new level!

kicked ass
    That... isn't swearing.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Them announcing Final Fantasy 13 will just have people losing attention to Final Fantasy 12...

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth45
    the WII doesn't have enough graphic capability
    Doesn't have enough!?
    You don't know your consoles do you? Wii (and Gamecube) is all graphics not so many games and not as powerful (you got that one right.) Playstation is like in the middle. Mild to moderate grapics so more lengthier games, and less memory is taken up.

PLUS Ps3 will use blueray discs which are HD quality taking gaming to a whole new level!
    One Word: Tekken Tag Tournament.
    Last edited by Lawr; 06-18-2006 at 06:19 AM.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg
    Them announcing Final Fantasy 13 will just have people losing attention to Final Fantasy 12...

the WII doesn't have enough graphic capability
    Doesn't have enough!?
    You don't know your consoles do you? Wii (and Gamecube) is all graphics not so many games and not as powerful (you got that one right.) Playstation is like in the middle. Mild to moderate grapics so more lengthier games, and less memory is taken up.

PLUS Ps3 will use blueray discs which are HD quality taking gaming to a whole new level!
    One Word: Tekken Tag Tournament.
    WHAT! the PS3 has wayu more graphic capability than the WII!
    Obviously you've never seen the e3 show, because most of WII's games have current gen(the xbox and ps2 gen) graphics!
    what do you mean wii and gamecube is all graphics?
    XBOX 360 probably has better graphics that the WII!
    WII doesn't compare to PS3! WII is out of its leage boi!
    P.S. Im not hating on Nintendo or the WII, it's just that Sagensyg is making me laugh! :laugh:
    anyway if you look at the fight in the trailer properly :fencing:
    you can see some of the in battle features (by the way, you
    have to pause sometimes!)

Graphics aren't everything. Not everyone is so shallow to like a game based on it's graphics, that even relates to consoles. /sigh

And you do realise that the Wii was extremely popular at E3, right? Even moreso than that of the PS3 and Xbox360's popularity.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

ye, this really is off topic. Let's stick with the game and not systems k?

the games look so awesome!!

FF versus XIII

I guess this is slightly off-topic but seriously folks lets look at the specs. Based solely on graphics:

Current Gen:
    X-Box
    Gamecube
    PS2
    Next Gen:
    PS3
    Xbox 360
    Wii

Nintendo has already stated that their goal with the Wii is not to woo consumers with graphics, but instead to give them a revolutionary and innovative way to play games. However, as much potential as the Wii has, I think many gamers will be put off by its slightly weaker engine and graphics.

P.S. The Virtual Console will rock.

On-topic: I am excited to see a trifecta of FFXIII madness to ensue. I just hope the mobile phone game makes it over here (unlike FFVII: Before Crisis )
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm

Nintendo has already stated that their goal with the Wii is not to woo consumers with graphics, but instead to give them a revolutionary and innovative way to play games. However, as much potential as the Wii has, I think many gamers will be put off by its slightly weaker engine and graphics.
    there let that put an end to all the graphic delema alrite!

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    I am excited to see a trifecta of FFXIII madness to ensue. I just hope the mobile phone game makes it over here (unlike FFVII: Before Crisis )
    Well ff7: dc the lost chapter is gonna make it here from a company called amp'd. So they might have another agreement with amp'd or another company! We know that some mobile games might not make it here!