Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's no other Troy, for her to burn.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by SeeDRankLou
    She knew exactly what she was doing. She was using the Eidolons she extracted from Garnet to take power of the many regions of the Myst Continent, and maybe the more after that. She wasn't doing it for the reasons Kuja wanted her to do it, but she was doing it of her own accord. Kuja didn't make Brahne do anything, and he didn't manipulate her into doing anything that she wouldn't have done on her own had she already had the tools and advice Kuja provided. He just pointed her in the right direction, it was her that actually did what she did, and for her own reasons.

It was the way that she acted in the beginning of the game that made me not question if someone else was behind it. And it's not that Kuja was actually behind it, it's more like Kuja was her advisor, she was the one doing everything. He just reaped the benefits.
    Appearently many of you are forgetting her final words when she was sad (I think thats a good description). Even if Kuja wasn't completely to blame she was in a state where she had no control over herself because when she finally lost everything (including her life) she finally relized the wrong she had done.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    I disliked her, but I felt so sorry for her when she died. She was just a puppet used by Kuja and Garnet was beyond upset over her mothers death.
    I agree, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

i didn't hate her, but she is the center of all jokes. i thought she was quite a woman-tyrant/control freak in the beginning and was somewhat under the possession of Kuja.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Kuja manipulated Bhrane, but she still had control of her actions. She knew damn well what she was doing, and most of the blame lies with her. That said, I felt a bit sorry for her, but really more sorry for Garnet.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Seeing as how FFIX is almost identical to FFIV (and intentionally), I wasn't surprised in the slightest. I kinda felt sorry for her, but I couldn't help laughing at the 'beached whale' when she finally did die.

The fanning....

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Seeing as how FFIX is almost identical to FFIV (and intentionally), I wasn't surprised in the slightest. I kinda felt sorry for her, but I couldn't help laughing at the 'beached whale' when she finally did die.

The fanning....
    Actually, IX is more closely related to V.

Her hair reminds me of straw.

Give Rinoa more *HUGS*
    Get hugs of your own!
    I liked my siggy! But it was removed...*cry*...sniffle, sniffle...meanies...sniff
    "Fuzzy, what is your fav. FF?"
    "Meow (FF9)."
    "Good choice!"

~*sigh* My site~
    ~*sigh sigh* My site's forum~
    Post me a note!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    She always treated Garnet like s***. Not once did she show affection and passion until she was about to die, but even then, I didn't care for her.

That's not entirely true. Actually. It's just not true. We only step into the game on Garnet's 16th birthday, and we know basically nothing about before then. However, it is stated in the game that Brahne, Garnet and Garnet's "dad" were very close and loving. It was when her "father" died and Brahne became distraught (and also Kuja appeared, big ol' factor that is!) that she became cold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Quin14
    That's not entirely true. Actually. It's just not true. We only step into the game on Garnet's 16th birthday, and we know basically nothing about before then. However, it is stated in the game that Brahne, Garnet and Garnet's "dad" were very close and loving. It was when her "father" died and Brahne became distraught (and also Kuja appeared, big ol' factor that is!) that she became cold.
    You're totally right. Brahne wasn't cold during Garnet's entire childhood. I can understand why she became evil; her grief was simply too heavy, and Kuja took advantage of that.

And so we can sorta understand why she was so forgiving of her mother, because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

I thought she looked like Barney.

Brahne really got on my nerves, I was actually quite happy when she died, and it annoyed me that Garnet was greiving and all that codswallop.
    Yes Kuja came at quite a convienient time, but still, the greed, she wanted to be an all powerful monarch or whatever, and Kuja just provided the resourses for her.

Before I saw Kuja, and I heard about his role, in the plot, I always thought Brahne, was the antagonist, I assumed the reason why she did what she did was because her husband, died. I thought that was enough, to push her over the edge, to the point where she became, twisted and evil. And I thought "If she misses, her husband that much, why doesn't she just kill herself, so she could be with him again instead, of killing innocent, people just so she could 'feel alive again'?":rolleyes2

I just thought the fat elephant lady was as greedy as she is blue and wrinkly....she offended my senses...

Made by me..my first try =)