Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why so Many People Thought that Kuja was a Girl?

Even if he was somewhat feminine, he was an awesome villian comparable to others like seymour and sephiroth. And he made his own fashion statement, one that caused even more impact than Seymour's fashion statement.

Which FF Character Are You?

Pure light, Shine on bloody impurity! Holy!

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Kuja is more androgynous than feminine. He does not have a female facial structure, for one. Granted, he looks like a chick from behind, but that's mainly due to his hips. I think that guys just don't want to admit that they find a male attractive.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes. That's clearly the reason we think he looks like a girl. It's not the constant playing with hair or the feminine clothing...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara View Post
    Granted, he looks like a chick from behind, but that's mainly due to his hips.
    If you only look at his hips, my boyfriend looks like a chick from behind too. It's kinda funny.

But yeah, after seeing the first FMV, I thought Kuja was female too and was certain Square messed up when they called him Mystery Man. Then I looked at the FMV again, and saw that he was either a very flat-chested woman, or he just was a man with large hips. The latter was more plausible. >_>

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

He did sashay when he walked, though.
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

It's all in the clothes and hair. His body gestures and all kind of sealed the deal, but I didn't think there was a doubt that he was male. Besides, Genomes are genderless to begin with, but Kuja and Zidane were made special so they don't count...which kind of makes this sentecne pointless. Anyways, there are many reasons that would hint him to be feminine but all in all he's male.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Besides, Genomes are genderless to begin with,
    Not true. One of the genomes states in-game that "asexual beings would lack the genetic diversity to adapt to new enviroments."

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie the Dragon Ninja View Post
    Because he looks like one.
    Exactly. I always thought he was a girl until I purchased the game. I was surprised O_o

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara View Post
    Besides, Genomes are genderless to begin with,
    Not true. One of the genomes states in-game that "asexual beings would lack the genetic diversity to adapt to new enviroments."
    'Tis true, but they are lifeless vessels until the souls of the terrans occupy the bodies. They are not asexual but not able to produce life either.

I instantly knew Kuja was a guy. My friend on the other hand just saw the first cinematic with him.

Friend: "Wow she's hot"

Me: "........"
    ~Gil
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men."

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Why so Many People Thought that Kuja was a Girl? I never understanded this.
    In Burmecia, before the FMV, when Kuja appeared for the first time:
    "Mystery MAN: I find this rain quite pleasant...
    Mystery MAN: It feels as though the raindrops are blessing our victory..."

Then, after a little time:
    "Freya: That sinister MAN... Who is he?"

After this, during the game, the characters allways refer to him as a "HE"!
    Now, can someone explain to me, how many people thought that he was a girl? They simplly ignored all the dialogues of the game, or they just like to bash the guy?

PS: Moderators of this forum, please, don't move this thread to the FFIX forums. I really want to read the answers of EVERYONE on this site, not just the answers of the FFIX fans.
    This is why:

Fan boy 1: OMG Kuja is t3h sex
    Fan boy 2: He's a man
    Fan boy 1: Ermm, I thought he was a girl. :o

I thought he was a girl for the longest time and to tell you the truth I would have liked him more as a girl. I thought he was going to be a badass female villan until I found out he was a guy....

Articles
    Blog Entries

As most, I thought he was a girl and was shocked when the game referred to him as a man, but it wasn't a problem to adapt, I just look at him as the "Prince" of FF villains.

I still don't get why he wore that [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] though, that's straight feminine.

it was already clear to me that he is a guy. others were much more difficult to tell apart (and pursay - more etiquette with their flavor of attire and make-up), such as Shou from Tenchu: Fatal Shadows/Kurenai...
    Last edited by Yuffie514; 09-07-2006 at 07:37 AM.

Kuja is a man and that's that. I mean, almost all dudes from video games in Japan look like girls anyway. So assume if it looks like a girl, it's a boy. XD And hey, this is my first post here...and it's about Kuja! How fun~