Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter 7

Harry Potter and THE FINAL BATTLE AGAINST SEPHIR0TH!!!!!1!!

I thought harry was Sephiroth ... or was it Hermione (?) just gotta wait til its released, or try to rob her house like those louts did earlier this year ! LOL !
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    I think it should be called "Harry Potter and the Gradually Ruined Book Series."

She's killed of too many characters, lost her humor, made an originally light series darker and darker, made Harry into a whiny little prick, and somehow it's all become dry and boring IMO.
    Despite not being a huge fan of Harry the "whiny little prick", I thought it was a somewhat more realistic change in Harry than him being exactly the same through-out the series of books. Besides, I'm sure we've all had phases in our teenage years when the mantle "whiny little prick" would fit us. As for the dark and darker change, I thought it was quite a relevant change considering Voldemort eventually returning is a bit of a downer for the populace really.

The humour in the books is still there, I just don't think it's a prevalent a feature as it once was. I still find myself smiling to myself when reading the later books though, admittedly, fewer examples spring to mind for the last two books in comparison to the first two.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Harry Potter gets his period

By J.K. Rowling.

I don't think she'll kill off harry for the pure reason of she keeps suggesting she might. If she was going to kill harry then she wouldn't keep saying she might, but by saying she might she keeps the suspense up. The problem with many plots with a final confrontation is that we all know the hero will win and get the girl and live happily ever after, so there's a lack of suspense in the final fight. By suggesting he might die she keeps us guessing until she's finished. It puts the suspense back.

And I wish she'd hurry up. Just give us a book name, a possible release date, hell, a rough page count. I want SOMETHING.
    Oh no, the end has fallen off - Uri De'Jeller

Quote Originally Posted by Tanwen Strife View Post
    a possible release date, a rough page count.
    7-7-07

Shorter than book 5

Quote Originally Posted by Magus of Zeal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanwen Strife View Post
    a possible release date, a rough page count.
    7-7-07

Shorter than book 5
    Such a cool date, I can't wait to see what happens in it. The books volume was never a prob for me, the bigger the better.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Macwere View Post
    Such a cool date, I can't wait to see what happens in it. The books volume was never a prob for me, the bigger the better.
    Word
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
    Word
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
    Word=Chya

This book is going to be great. Remember Sirius's mirror. Rowling said the mirror is going to be important later on.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Harry Potter: So Very Very Tired

(SPOILER)Hermoine dies.

Harry Potter and The End.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Someone important'll die but it won't be Harry.

I know whoooooo