Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: emo kids

EMO kids-I try to stay away. I'm not a very depressed or dark person...

I have nothing against "Emo Kids", I think people can do whatever they want, and listen to whatever music they like.
    But, I do have a slight grudge against the music side of it, because, for the reasons, my humble amigos, I will state now.
    Bands are turning Emo. Bands that were never Emo, or were individuals, are suddenly changing their entire image and sound, to fit in with the Emo craze.
    I'm not the expert, but I'll pretend I am anyway.
    Emo, before it has become what it is today, was a pretty neat genre of music. Emo was Punk Rock, but emotionally charged. Probably one of the first Emo bands of all time, and greatest, are AFI. They have always had a very unique sound, mixing old 70's style Punk with melody, and emotion. Anyone familiar with AFI will remember their old image, with Davey Havoc, (lead singer, taking on the Punk tradition of changing the last name), had always had his trademark very long, curly hair.
    Now, I've got nothing against the guy getting a haircut, but when I view the new "Miss Murder" video, I notice he has had his hair cut into a very cliché Emo cut. I'd seen the exact one a million times before. I also notice that the music has slowed down, and sounds mighty depressing, and just didn't move me at all. If Panic At The Disco had released exactly the same song, I would not have thought it odd. I would have thought it sounded like Panic At The Disco, and every other Emo band. I cannot tell the difference.
    Bands change image, and sound, which is needed, a band can't stay the same forever, but it is totally clear that AFI purposely made themselves Emo, thus stripping them of their individuality.
    And I bet they've made a hell of a lot of money from their new single.
    And, Lostprophets. Never my cup of tea, but a pretty decent Nu-Metal band, they were, a couple of years ago. I actually found one of their songs, "Shinobi VS Dragon Ninja", to be pretty okay.
    Now I've heard some of the tracks from their album "Start Something", and found it pretty watered down, not my thing, but I still respected them as a band.
    I'm getting bored, so all I'll say is that I saw their new video "Rooftops" and there was the lead singer with his new hair, and his new clothes, and a bunch of mixed up teenagers standing on rooftops. And the music is absolutely terrible., IMHO. :-\
    So there you have it, I can be a self absorbed critic, at times, too.

I've never really had any bother me, they seem to keep to themselves, so I don't hate them. I have noticed a new breed of teenager emerging where I live. The males of the group are notably unkempt, but not naturally so it appears. It looks like they've actually made an effort to try an look that way. They're under the impression their cool. Their not. The females try to wear as many fashionable articles of clothing as they can. An are sickeningly grovely to the males. They follow them around like little lap dogs. Desperate for attention. Their under the impression their cute. Their not. Most likely this group will spread, an you'll encounter them yourself. I'm now hoping a rivalry will emerge between them, an the emos.

Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by Resha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post

I them~
    Dun care about emo, but Elmo makes me want to throw up and rip my hair out and screech and scream and kill people and eat brains and devour babies, and his annoying high squealy little voice makes me want to do all those things more.

Hate not the emo -- channel and direct your hate at Elmo. Maybe then they'll get him off the bloody airwaves and stop corrupting kids with his foul -- AUGH. I can't stand this.
    ok now thats weird

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    I've never really had any bother me, they seem to keep to themselves, so I don't hate them. I have noticed a new breed of teenager emerging where I live. The males of the group are notably unkempt, but not naturally so it appears. It looks like they've actually made an effort to try an look that way. They're under the impression their cool. Their not. The females try to wear as many fashionable articles of clothing as they can. An are sickeningly grovely to the males. They follow them around like little lap dogs. Desperate for attention. Their under the impression their cute. Their not. Most likely this group will spread, an you'll encounter them yourself. I'm now hoping a rivalry will emerge between them, an the emos.
    You just described the majority of the world's youth.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Alive-Man View Post
    You fail at pretending to be one. AFI formed in 1991. Emo was created in the mid-eighties. Well actually that's more emocore, emo was late eighties. But point is, there were PLENTY of emo bands before AFI came along.

The best emo bands I know of are Dag Nasty, Sunny Day Real Estate, Christie Front Drive, Mineral, and Indian Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Many people hate emo kids cause they think it is cool to do so.
    It is cool.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    You fail at pretending to be one. AFI formed in 1991. Emo was created in the mid-eighties. Well actually that's more emocore, emo was late eighties. But point is, there were PLENTY of emo bands before AFI came along.

The best emo bands I know of are Dag Nasty, Sunny Day Real Estate, Christie Front Drive, Mineral, and Indian Summer.

Hilarious e-suicides make their constant whining over nothing worth it.

I don't hate, I simply keep my distance from people I'd rather not associate with.

I agree with what Meat Puppet said.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

Thanks for clearing that up, man, I really wasn't sure.

But "Emo Kids"? Someone can't really annoy me by just being a certain way.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How about Hitler? He was pretty annoying.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK. How many of you hate me now?

Me being emo.

Just remember, this is not always me. This was just a one time thing that I agreed to for my girlfriends pleasure. Well, I might let her do it again, but only because I want to go in public and see my friends reactions.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

I guess emo is now known as "scene", or so I was told recently. Not that it matters. They're all the same lame trend, in my opinion.
    <input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">-->

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blykus View Post
    I guess emo is now known as "scene", or so I was told recently. Not that it matters. They're all the same lame trend, in my opinion.
    Yeah. Pretty much. Just different variations of it.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well