Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 3 (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Magus of Zeal View Post
    Also Ethan has been rumored to return sometime in the season, probably in a flashback.
    He was in the show last night. :P

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    My wife and I just finished watching season 2 on dvd last weekend, and just as Miriel said, I felt like I was watching the next episode in the current season rather than starting a new season. But on that point, the producers have said that this is actually season 2.5 and will only be 6 episodes long, and that season 3 will be 17 episodes long and will start somtime after 2.5 (presumably after the new year) and each week will be a new episode (i.e. no reruns).
    Okay, thanks! That definitely explains it. I was watching Lost with my boyfriend, who never watched it before, and he said it didn't feel like a season premiere either, which is true. But since it's 2.5, makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    My wife and I just finished watching season 2 on dvd last weekend, and just as Miriel said, I felt like I was watching the next episode in the current season rather than starting a new season. But on that point, the producers have said that this is actually season 2.5 and will only be 6 episodes long, and that season 3 will be 17 episodes long and will start somtime after 2.5 (presumably after the new year) and each week will be a new episode (i.e. no reruns).
    6 week episode arch with a cliffhanger ending, and then a 12-week hiatus. The "real" season 3 begins February 7th, 9/8 central, only on ABC.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Damnit. I'm in UK so it's nee gannee be oot for a while, but I was forced (by myself) to read this thread. NOW I CAN'T WAIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Did anyone else catch Juliet holding a Stephen King book? Special significance? Methinks, yes!
    ABC and Stephen King are in kahoots, they're always making miniseries from his books and airing his movies.

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Did anyone else catch Juliet holding a Stephen King book? Special significance? Methinks, yes!
    ABC and Stephen King are in kahoots, they're always making miniseries from his books and airing his movies.
    Yes. As far as I know, it has no real significance to the show, but is only a random thing put in for fun by ABC.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do not believe that it is possible for the Others to know whether someone outside the Island is happy or not. Date of birth, death of father, these things *maybe* they found out through whatever government connections the Dharma Initiative had, but whether someone's ex-wife is happy? C'mon now. My suspension of disbelief doesn't stretch that far.
    I don't trust *any* of the Others.
    Uhhhh... doesn't that kind of answer your comments about suspension of disbelief?

I thought it developed Jack interestingly, which was nice. I've never had the same dislike for him that many seem to anyway though.

And... you oughtn't to hold your ideas of 'season premieres' and whatnot. The show as a whole being viewed consecutively is what matters, not where there happened to be breaks during production for various reasons. That's the only reason such occurs - to maintain interest in the months a show is off the air. I'm more interested in how it will all fit together in a couple of years when I have the whole thing on DVD and can watch it consecutively than how it happens to be because of various contrivances.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No it really doesn't. Why would it.

Suspension of disbelief deals with what I am willing to believe or not believe within the context and realities of the TV show. Am I willing to believe that these people crashed from a plane and survived? Sure. Am I willing to believe that the Others manage to know crazy details about people? No.

Whether I trust the motives and whatnot of the Others doesn't have a lot to do with my suspension of disbelief.

This show has gone in too many tangles, for every answer they give, 5 more questions come up.

The episode was pretty lack-luster, Im only intrested by the fact that Ben ( I take it thats his name ) said to Kate that the next two weeks would be very uncomftable, I wonder what they plan to do. Hopefully it would shed light on why they wanted Walt so much, and what they did with him.

Hopefully the next few episodes will tell us what is happening to the others back on the beach, and what happened to Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    This show has gone in too many tangles, for every answer they give, 5 more questions come up.

The episode was pretty lack-luster, Im only intrested by the fact that Ben ( I take it thats his name ) said to Kate that the next two weeks would be very uncomftable, I wonder what they plan to do. Hopefully it would shed light on why they wanted Walt so much, and what they did with him.

Hopefully the next few episodes will tell us what is happening to the others back on the beach, and what happened to Michael.
    From what I understand, Michael is gone forever and will not be coming back. I don't his story will ever be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post

From what I understand, Michael is gone forever and will not be coming back. I don't his story will ever be explained.
    Where the hell do you get all this info :confused:

Thats sucks, anyway. Especially because it means Walts story will most likely not be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post

Where the hell do you get all this info

Thats sucks, anyway. Especially because it means Walts story will most likely not be explained.
    Well, Harold Perrineau is not under contract for this season and told some talk show that while he wouldn't rule out returning for seasons 4 and 5, he hasn't been approached about it and doesn't anticipate that he will. I guarantee that Walt's story will be told, though.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No it really doesn't. Why would it.

Suspension of disbelief deals with what I am willing to believe or not believe within the context and realities of the TV show. Am I willing to believe that these people crashed from a plane and survived? Sure. Am I willing to believe that the Others manage to know crazy details about people? No.

Whether I trust the motives and whatnot of the Others doesn't have a lot to do with my suspension of disbelief.
    Well, we've established that The Others are a pack of dirty liars and you don't trust them as far as you can throw them. I certainly don't. Ergo, the fact that one of The Others says something you have trouble believing doesn't impact on your suspension of disbelief, because Juliet may well not know anything more than Jack does about Sarah right now, but she's a dirty liar and so her statements can be pretty much discarded if they're insane or you think them to be false.

(And you'll believe that there are polar bears and large clouds of violent black smoke, but not that The Others can contact the outside world and do a little investigation? Because I know which threatens MY suspension of disbelief more.)

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    This show started off with a kicker but it kind of slugged on after that. Like I give a crap about Jack's wife.

I wish it showed more people. The cage stuff was funny.
    True!

Not enough was revealed, as is the usual with Lost.

I'm interested to see what's going to be so hellish about their next two weeks, maybe they'll put them in the 'room' that scared Walt so much?

Either way, the girl who was on the other side of Jack's glass (Juliet I think?) is an awesome character. I hope Ms. Clue also comes back soon.

I dislike Ben, he locked Juliet out of the room when Jack stupidly opened the flood gate

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Discuss~

I'll add my thoughts later. But I'll just say right now, the first 5 minutes were hella WHOA!
    No joke. Great show!

Thanks to Reno is my man for the awesome siggy!!
    R.I.P Owen Macwere
    R.I.P to my cat, Turk