Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunters Thread

Default Hunters Thread

Does any one here do the hunting quests? If so, what monsters have you vanquished? Is clan Centaurio the only clan there is? Got any tips in general or for specific monsters?

I like doing them. Ive killed the tomato, thextera or whatever the rainbow wolf was, and the cactus. Im in Bhujerba and thinking aobut gettin the rocktoise if i can. I tried teh ghost, but melee didnt work. Im assuming you need magic to do real damage. For those who hate teh cactus, it helps if you have a rusted knot thing. I used it right when it used 1000 needles, and it killed it right when it started.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Quote Originally Posted by link31793 View Post
    Does any one here do the hunting quests? If so, what monsters have you vanquished? Is clan Centaurio the only clan there is? Got any tips in general or for specific monsters?

I like doing them. Ive killed the tomato, thextera or whatever the rainbow wolf was, and the cactus. Im in Bhujerba and thinking aobut gettin the rocktoise if i can. I tried teh ghost, but melee didnt work. Im assuming you need magic to do real damage. For those who hate teh cactus, it helps if you have a rusted knot thing. I used it right when it used 1000 needles, and it killed it right when it started.
    Melee Attack still work against Wraith. But it won't work when he's teleporting/disappear to another place.

I like doing them, especially with reward.
    I have finished Rank E/I to Rank H/VIII Bar Mob Hunt except for Pylraster (Rank H/VIII, the petitioner didn't tell you of the mark's location)
    The only Clan Mob I haven't do yet is Ixion (Rank S/VII), God/The Seer (Rank S/VII), Behemoth King (Rank H/VIII) and Yazmat (Rank X/IX)

Yeah I just got the game and about to face the Tomato, but have you seen or heard about what the 45th Hunt's HP is? Over 50 Million! Freak'n sweet! And Omega Weapon is back, with an HP over 10 million! He's not a hunt, but that's freak'n sweet for an optional boss. His name is like "Omega Mark XII".

50 million and freak'n 10 million though...AWESOME! These hunts are going to kick ass!
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Quote Originally Posted by BustaMo View Post
    Yeah I just got the game and about to face the Tomato, but have you seen or heard about what the 45th Hunt's HP is? Over 50 Million! Freak'n sweet! And Omega Weapon is back, with an HP over 10 million! He's not a hunt, but that's freak'n sweet for an optional boss. His name is like "Omega Mark XII".

50 million and freak'n 10 million though...AWESOME! These hunts are going to kick ass!
    That 50 million HP guy is Yazmat. Be sure to avoid going deeper (Or not following the tomato going deeper) in the Estersand (Wild Saurian, anyone?).

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post

That 50 million HP guy is Yazmat. Be sure to avoid going deeper (Or not following the tomato going deeper) in the Estersand (Wild Saurian, anyone?).
    Good, God... yes, I was the fool that waltzed up to the giant green miniature godzilla and tried stealing from it. In response, a red coloured number of "2246" flashed above my character.

Also, as a side note of advice, when you target an enemy, take note of what colour their name is:

Red is going to rape you mercilessly.
    Yellow is going to hurt a little.
    And blue is just simple nothing monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post

Good, God... yes, I was the fool that waltzed up to the giant green miniature godzilla and tried stealing from it. In response, a red coloured number of "2246" flashed above my character.

Also, as a side note of advice, when you target an enemy, take note of what colour their name is:

Rape you mercilessly. xD

That's not just it, in Giza Plains, during the dry, there's [SPOILERS]Werewolves[/SPOILERS], during the rain, there's [SPOILERS]Storm Elemental[/SPOILERS]. [SPOILERS]Elemental and Entite is the most-seen-dangerous-enemy. Elemental have about 14000 HP, while Entite have about 44000 HP.[/SPOILERS] One hit of their magicks can easily open Game Over music for you. When you're at the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea/Nam-Yensa Sandsea, be sure to run should you run into Salamand Entite and avoid entering (SPOILER)Zertinan Cavern. Make sure that you don't hunt rare monster (Rare Monster have immunity to Libra and is harder than normal monster in the place you are in) until you reach (SPOILER)The Imperial City of Archades.

I have 3 defeated. I tried facing Nidhogg in the mines, but I was still below level 10 when I tried it. I may go back here next time I boot up the game. I'm at about level 13 with each character right now.

I have the first 3 defeated.
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

I am at level 20 with all my characters, and I've completed eight Marks, including two elite Marks. I'm also in the process of doing one elite Mark and five normal Marks.

Now that I know that II means two and not eleven, I'm gonna go fight Wyvern. xD
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm View Post
    Now that I know that II means two and not eleven, I'm gonna go fight Wyvern. xD
    haha yeah, they are ranked from I-VIII in rank of difficulty.
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

I've killed:
    Rogue Tomato
    Thextra
    Flowering Cactiod
    Wraith
    Cocktrice (hard with level 10's)
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

You mean I should have killed Thextra (rainbow wolf) first and used my party of recruits to kill a ghost? (I have Vaan, Fran and Baltair as full mages. Cure, Posina, Blinda, Slow, Stop, Fire, Blizzard, one other basic ememental attack I can't remember. Plays well as a team to boot!)

Damn you fate!

I like playing with the hunts. Yea.. I've only done one alone (rogue tomato), and the one with my party. (Fran, Vaan, Baltair, and that traitor captain... can't do anything with him...)

Anyways... yea. I'll get back to it when I get to town.. problem being that I will be alone. ( )
    [I]All Your Images Belong to The Overchan v2!

Webfiction | Leaving the Light. - Fanfics | Dark Distorted Mirror | Shinji and Warhammer40k | Starcrossed |

My real estate agent, old Jill
    Has excellent properties still;
    There's none of it bland,
    Still top-dollar, and
    Has vacancies I'd love to fill

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

I thought that was whether they aggro you or not, yellow means they won't touch you unless they get attacked first, red means they'll attack you whether you touch them or not, and blue.. not sure, am I wrong?

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Green, means they won't attack unless they are attacked. They usually massacre you (t-rex, Falcon thingies, Fish).

Red means they will actively chase you.

Blue means they are in oyur party.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post

I thought that was whether they aggro you or not, yellow means they won't touch you unless they get attacked first, red means they'll attack you whether you touch them or not, and blue.. not sure, am I wrong?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Game Manual Included with The Game
    Blue An easy target
    Yellow A tough target, but not impossible to defeat
    Red An incredibly tough target, far beyond the pert's current level.
    Found halfway down on page 32 of the manual included with the game.