Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby, It's Cold Outside...

Default Baby, It's Cold Outside...

The title is the name of a very old song. Most of my mp3 collection is filled with 50s, 60s and 70s Soul and Funk music, with anime OSTs, movie OSTs and Power Metal, Alt Rock and random Opera mixed in. Very rarely do I listen to rap, which makes me weird in the eyes of most of the people I hang with. But that's fine with me, because I don't listen to music to look cool.

So my question is....What sets you apart from the rest of your friends and peers? Does it bother you any? Why or why not?

| Beati Pauperes Spiritu; Quoniam Ipsorum est Regnum Caelorum |

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think differently from most people my age. I suppose I'm just a bit more mature. That's alright though, I don't mind it. I also am a little more motivated than others, and have lots of plans and such. Also, the online thing.
    Last edited by Rye; 10-31-2006 at 03:25 AM.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

None of my friends have an online life separate from their normal one. I suppose that's the biggest difference; after all, friendships are largely based on common interests, so I'm not radically different from the people I spend my time with.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    None of my friends have an online life separate from their normal one. I suppose that's the biggest difference; after all, friendships are largely based on common interests, so I'm not radically different from the people I spend my time with.

I guess this sums up how I feel too. And from now on, I think I'll just let Azar post for me since his replys always say what I can't.

I can be more mature, im smarter, I listen to old music, like the temptations and a lot of stuff that people dont listen too( like hawk nelson), and Im not popular like most of them.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have no friends.

Well, I'm more bitter than they are. I'm more mature and more intelligent. I use words that leave my classmates staring at my blankly, or telling me to shut up. My musical interests are also different from my peers, the majority of people here like nu-metal, emo in some form (such as post-hardcore), rap, hip hop, and pop-punk. Where I like alternative, indie, garage, grunge, punk rock, progressive, and stuff like that. We have similar interests in older stuff like Black Sabbath, but not anything else. Few people like the same music I do.

I also am the only one who likes RPGs besides Run Escape, books, learning, and speaking proper English. I'm also one of the few who doesn't date for trivial reasons and I'm also one of the few who strongly dislike Myspace.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm the biggest asshole, I can outdrink them all, I listen to metal, blah blah. I'm sure there's more.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have lots of Crawling Chaos records. Man they rock.

I am better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    I'm also one of the few who strongly dislike Myspace.
    Why?

Im like my uni friends, very mad and we like to be different from the popular kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    I'm also one of the few who strongly dislike Myspace.
    Why?
    I can't be arsed to update blogs daily, myspace pages are usually annoying in someway or another, and the forums are awful (as are the chatrooms). it has its upsides, like keeping track of bands, and it's alright for keeping tracks of friends, but I'd rather use a forum to talk to them if I had to.

I can understand why someone could enjoy it, but it's not really for me.

I tend to be a whole lot more open-minded and understanding than a lot of my friends.

I dont think I stand out much. Aside from the usual aspect, like my unusual norse name.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hm, let me see. I drive by the speed limit, I don't drink alcohol, I don't stay up 'till obscene hours in the morning, I don't go out to pubs and clubs, and I dislike hanging around on street corners for no apparent reason. I guess that sets me apart from most of my 'peers' who live nearby.

"As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"