Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How old is too old for Halloween?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gosh, y'all are some old tricker treaters. I was eleven when I stopped. My sister was twelve.

According to my dad, the reason we had to stop was because we'd grown bustlines. I wonder what the cut off would be for boys, then?

Signature by rubah. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    I wonder what the cut off would be for boys, then?
    When they develop more then one brain cell...

Which means...

DEVIL MAN WILL BE TRICK OR TREATING FOR MANY HUNDREDS OF YEARS TO COME!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't go last year or this year, so I guess I stopped at 12...
    I wish I had gone though, my sister said it was great this year. I might go next Halloween.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

NEVER

party on Wayne!
    party on Garth!

Boldly go.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I think it depends on the person, some of my friends couldn't wait to say 'No' when I said we should all go Trick-or-treating, and my friends are 14-15

I, personally, still get a buzz out of it, even though I couldn't go this year. It wouldn't bother me going out and knocking on doors, my friends seemed to think it was taking advantage of a good thing. Most "kids" in my area are more my age and older, so we didn't get any trick-or-treaters whatsoever

Your to old for it when you don't believe that TRICK OR TREAT just means getting candy.

Well it depends what you mean by go out.
    Stop trick or treating when you go to high-school, and start going to costume parties with scantally clad women and ever-flowing booze. You'll understand someday.
    Sigless

There's never an age too old to celebrate Halloween. Many of the people I interact with daily dressed up for this past Halloween and they're in their 30s and 40s.

Trick-or-Treating, though, should stop when you get to High School, so at about 14. Although I went Trick-or-Treating with a group of friends around our college town my freshman year of college on a sort of candy scavenger hunt (you know, collect each type of candy on a list etc.,...it's even harder when some people won't give you candy because you're too old ), and chatted up with the locals and what not. It was a lot of fun.

So yeah, you can be too old to ask for free candy just to eat it, but you're never too old to have fun.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    I wonder what the cut off would be for boys, then?
    Cut off for boys is when the girl's grow bustiness

I'd say 14, considering I did a small amount of trick or treating and I'm turning 14 this month.
    Leve me alone!

I would say your never too old for Halloween. Though, it depends on that person. Personally, I love trick or treating. Especially since in the town next to us, they give king sized candy bars and even soda! I didnt go this year, but if I did, I would have had a blast with all my friends. I'd probably stop when im in high school, but I'd still miss it.

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

I think once your old enough to go outside at night and not have your parents hold your hand and watch you is when your too old for halloween. But thats just me...
    RUSKIES LIVES!

I didn't go this year. I am 17, but I am 6'5"... people have thought I was too old since I was 15... v.v

But, I am a college student now, and it just felt like something I was too old to do. Besides, I had been at college from 7 AM till 5 PM, like every other Tuesday, but this time I had 2 tests, one of which I hadn't expected. When I got home, I wanted to just crash and burn...

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

Again, never.

As you get older Halloween just becomes more of a social event rather than an international anti-dentist day.

Candy is slowly replaced by gin, vodka, whiskey, beer, etc. Consequently Halloween can become pretty messy.

Boldly go.

I dunno about me. I havent trick or treated since I was about 8. It was never very fun. I take more joy in trying to come up with different schemes to scare the kids who come to my house.

Although, some that came last night werent kids. We had a LOT of older people out there. The oldest I saw by themselves were around 18, but there were some parents who had bags, too. I rarely hand out the candy, but when I do, I NEVER give anyone candy that looks older than 12. You need to grow out of it sometime.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow