Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Veggetarians???

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    What caused me to change my dieting habits was the idea of me putting those disgusting, repulsive creatures in my body. I really didn't like the thought of it. As such, I didn't eat meat.

Livestock is gross.

Oh, that is VERY intellectual, isn't it Nominus Experse? 'Animals are disgusting and the thought of eating a repulsive creature disgusts me'.

Feh...

How foolish thou thinking is!

Clearly you have never heard of the PURE EVIL that is broccoli. Or asparagus. Or spinach. Or cucumbers. Or tomatoes. Or carrots.

Vegetables aren't much better then Meat, man!

Broccoli will ALWAYS be 100,000 times more disgusting then any of Mother Nature's creatures, young one!

DON'T CALL INNOCENT, TASTY CREATURES REPULSIVE

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

- Whatever they do to animals (biologically) in massfarming they also do to vegetables (not to mention the more deadly and detrimental pesticides found in f&vs). The only way around hormonse and GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) is to buy organic.

-If you are concerned about the chemicals found in meat I don't even want to hear you chew gum, drink pop, eat pizza, eat at restaurents or consume any other viable junk food or premade foods because that would just be hypocrtical.

- If you're concerned that man is playing God with animals through GMO... then you're in the wrong century. That or I must have missed the history lecture when God comes down on the 2000414124981 day and says "Let there be high-speed internet!"

- Walk into a grocery store. This is a great representation of the relation between resources and population. 95% of the food is necessarily man made. Not because we like to make stuff but mainly because our population is too huge to feed on the ideal organics.
    (I'm totally pro GMO's)

- If you're concerned about the treatment of animals, the cruelty towards them... that's understandable, but there are other solutions than just jumping off the bridge. Try koshur or free range. Your cows will have lived full and happy lives.

- Your colon will be happy... but meats hold essential proteins that aren't simply replaced by eating the equivalent mass of tofu. You may have to supplement what you're lacking with vitamins/minerals pills.

- I'd be more concerned about the free trade and human/culture/political exploitation occurs where by basically the only fertile land of another culture is bullwarked from the people of that land and utilized by the big corporations of our culture to feed into our huge wasteful consumption culture. Consequently, another culture starves because we're using their land to feed Fastfood chain beef.

Really what I think I'm saying is that it's almost futile to logically become a vegetarian. The only reason you should be a vegetarian is simply because you damn well want to be and you really could care less what any of us meat slobbering cudd nuts think.

.... and no.
    I'm an omnivore
    I locate ultimate peace through balance and masterful domination of the food pyramid.

Boldly go.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    I managed to go a whole week without eating meat. I don't see how it's possible to go longer than that. I barely made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    I eat too much junk food to consider that aspect of vegetarianism.
    Are you sure? Unless huge bags of peas count as junk food.
    For me, at least, when I'm on campus for a full day (my job is on campus too) I end up at the cafeteria where the only vegetarian items are chips and candy. I have Funnyuns and Snapple for dinner a lot.

And french fries. Love 'em.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same at my school. I try so hard just to get a bagel, so hard, but fries are my favorite things ever and they caaaaall to me and I eat them. ;__; xD

Blog Entries

I just don't dig on swine. They're filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals. A sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. I'll never know 'cause even if it did, I wouldn't eat the filthy thing. Pigs sleep and root in feces. That's a filthy animal. I don't wanna eat nothing that ain't got enough sense to disregard its own feces. Dogs eat their own feces, but I don't eat dog either. I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they're definitely dirty. But a dog's got personality. And personality goes a long way.

there was a picture here

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I just don't dig on swine. They're filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals. A sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. I'll never know 'cause even if it did, I wouldn't eat the filthy thing. Pigs sleep and root in feces. That's a filthy animal. I don't wanna eat nothing that ain't got enough sense to disregard its own feces. Dogs eat their own feces, but I don't eat dog either. I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they're definitely dirty. But a dog's got personality. And personality goes a long way.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A big loud LOL at the people who are. Though you've got some pretty big metaphorical balls, I must say. I love meat, and though I couldn't stand seeing the killing of an animal, or killing it myself, I will never stop eating it. The reason we bred more cows was to eat, and now the populations gone mental, and they're farting our world to Hell, so we need to eat MORE COWS NOT LESS! Hahaha I wish I could've thought of that reason earlier. Damnit.

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years now. Back then my reasons were about the animal cruelty, something which people thought was "stupid" and "pointless". But then it became something I liked to do. So many people don't believe that I can do it, and believe me, I'll even turn down the most wonderful of chocolate desserts if they have any gelatine in. I don't eat fish either. To be honest, the only thing I miss remotely is tuna mayonaise and cucumber sandwiches.

Part of me still lies with the animal cruelty reason but I think my main reason is that breaking my vegetarianism would be like admitting defeat, and there's nothing I actually like that much which isn't veggie, so I stay one. :P
    Last edited by Yuna-Lenne; 11-10-2006 at 06:45 PM.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

i wanna become one, but my mum wont let me how unfair?i hate meat!!!!its gacky, and i hope never to be made to eat lamb (i havent yet, woohoo!)

I am not a man

Meat is too good for me to stop eating.

not me, im indian i have to have meat

Too much "eating meat" sentences, I'm trying to fight the urge to say it, the inuendo's too much.

Ahem, I leave no food wasted, all food gets eaten/dies so I don't know what to say.

I'm not a vegetarian, never have been

I've been a vegetarian (ovo-lacto) for two years, and I'm probably the most ridiculous vegetarian ever. It's rare that I try anything new, I like bland food, and I hate nuts. And I don't think I benefit at all from better health, seeing as I don't take any of the vitamins I should and I eat way too much junk food. xD And I dread to think how little iron there is in my diet. ;D Eggs are probably the only thing with a lot of iron in that I eat.

I remember once, last year, I was talking to one of the teachers in my school, and he said that his mother used to eat chicken and claim she was a vegetarian. xD

I don't eat meat 'cause a couple of years ago eating things that used to live and think for themselves started to freak me out.

I hate it when people say we don't eat really intelligent animals when pigs are like the third most intelligent animal (counting all apes and chimps as one or something, I might be wrong anyway) or something.
    Last edited by Spiffing Cheese; 11-10-2006 at 05:52 PM.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

My parents would never let me become one even if I wanted to, however cruel it may be to eat animals, its good for you (Whats IN the meat).

Id become a Vegetarian if things were different, and almost everybody was one. As it is, Vegetarians arnt very common, so why bother? Its not like one person not eating meat will stop animals being killed. I do think its cruel - but damn it dont half taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    Vegetarians arnt very common, so why bother? Its not like one person not eating meat will stop animals being killed.
    Yeah, but everyone thinking like that is kinda what causes a lot of bad stuff to happen.