Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny and Painful

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Funny and Painful

This is a place where you can post incidents of you getting hurt, but laughing about it afterwards.

I've got millions of these, so I'll post some later.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Getting hit in the funny bone always makes me laugh

falling of my skateboard while going to fast, I still have the scar on my arm.

But I got my friends worried by lying completely still. no movement at all, they were pretty scared :P
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Yesterday I jumped off the stairs, an hit my head against the wall at the top. I bet that looked funny.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok you want painful things that I laugh at?

The Time I Broke My Funny Bone!

The time in a moshpit that I actually Fractured my funny bone and elbow joint! I laugh at it now especially since my then ex but on/off girlfriend had slept with her head on that elbow that night. When it happened I actually used the same arm to flip myself quite literally to my feet and carried on in the mosh pit I felt a bit of pain but figured smashing in to Parquet flooring does that. Next morning it hurt a lot more but I was seemingly ok. A woman accosted me with her handbag and I was on my knees trying to breathe with the pain. Even the doctor at the hospital said I was the first case of him being able to say "Well, you've broken your funny bone". It now leads to me cracking jokes at my own expense when people don't see the funny side of something or if I am considered too serious in a situation.

The Fractured Kneecap

This story was funny as hell for me in hindsight. In fact I found it pretty funny at the time apart from the intense amounts of pain.

Myself and Tinker's had met properly for the first time that day with mates around us, there was obvious flirting and we didn't pay much attention to the group around us. In not doing this we never truly noticed just how drunk one of the girls got. She'd called her boyfriend and his mate down from his house and he'd called me in a panic on the way.

Leaving our friend in the care of the rest of the group for a few minutes myself and Tinker's started racing each other to the tube station in camden town.

For about 150 - 200 meters Tinker's was infront of me but what can I say I wasn't too worried about the fact I was being beaten by a girl I was enjoying the view I was afforded of this sexy goth chick who I was very VERY interested in sprinting off down camden highstreet.

Eventually though my pace picked up and my longer legs carried me off in front of her. Disaster struck me! I was sprinting so fast that I was physically jumping, skidding and doing god knows what to get through the crowds of people. One group just wouldn't move so I leapt sideways and forwards to side jump back out in to the main pavement area (I was right up against the shops on the station side heading back to the station from the lock.) However due to the rain a shop keeper foolishly put cardboard boxes on the pavement outside his shop for customers to wipe their feet off on. Well the waterlogged card disagreed with my plan to leap back to the right and instead of my boots finding traction they found out how to slide. My entire body goes flat out 90 degrees to the floor and I desperately try and bring my body back around to the vertical position knowing that the ledge that existed just below me that I was leaping over would hurt less that way. I failed I managed to get myself to about 70 degrees from the floor and smashed down on my knee HARD! I was wearing new jeans that day and whilst I still own them I have now got a patch under the two parallel lines torn in to the right knee. I managed to pull myself in to a sitting position on the very ledge I had pulled myself up in to and sent Tinker's ahead to the station looking for a ginger guy called andy who was fat. (great description I know) She left me in the care of a friend of hers who she noticed, who complimented me on my falling style (thanks lol).

A few minutes later Tinker's and my friends come running back up to me and ask if I am ok. One of them sees my leg and the blood stain growing as the blood trickles out from the cut down the inside of the denim and predicts the hospital. I hate hospitals so was determined not to go. Determination meant I said "Lift me upright I can't straighten the leg myself from this position. If I stand unsupported then no hospital, if not someone call an ambulance." Tinker's and my mate lifted me and I managed to stand even putting weight on the injured knee.

Slowly we got back to the group at the lock and our drunk friend was taken home (still wearing both hers and my coats I believe because I was freezing in jeans and shirt so Tinker's warmed me up with a hug in her coat) The night didn't end there, we moved where it was a bit warmer and I could sit down (KFC) and carried on talking.

Outcome, my friends who had seen my knee were all concerned for me next day when they saw me limping in to work. All concern was lost as soon as they found out that I had been expertly taken care off by a very very attractive goth girl and had a possibility of a date with her if I contacted her.

There have been plenty of others and some very recent ones that Tinker's will remember from the summer but they aren't going to be posted.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I went to kick a punctured football and the ground was ridden with pieces of broken glass. Needless to say I buckled and some of the glass went straight into my kneecap. The scar is wearing thin now
    ...Geddit?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nice. Alrighty, I'll post one.

When I was 3ish, I think, I was sitting on the grass in the park outside my house. There was a fishing hook with line on the floor, and I suppose I wanted to know how sharp the hook was. It was quite sharp, and went straight through my right middle finger, just missing the nail. I screamed. VERY LOUDLY.

Honestly Im the type of person that is constantly tripping down the stairs and tryping in my room when the lights are out.

I remember choking on cranberry juice when a friend told me a joke I couldn't breath for a while and I collapsed on the ground then I couldn't controle my laughing so I was gasping for air and I though "damn im gonna die like this?" meanwhile my friend was like uhhhh... you okay?

Another time was when a friend and I flooded my kitchen and we we were cleaning it up after my Mom found out what we did so once most was cleaned ou we were sliding around on the floor to see who could go farther and I couldn't stop so I fliped right over and landed right on my neck and on my back it really hurt but I kept on laughing.

My favorite didn't happen to me but someone else I was with.....

So I was at my friend's Jordans house and Jordan got his brother mad but jokingly since he was a retard he decided to imitate some move he saw so he jumped up high in the air and while in mid air his head slammed into the shandeler and he fillep over slammed in to the ground in rage he got back up o charge Jordan but he was disoreiented and he rammed his head straight into the corner of the table. he fell back to ground and grabed his aching head and said "ooooohh.... this really hurts.... damnit..... " then he relised eh was bleedeing and he was like "OH [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]!" and it was nasty blood was rushing out so he ran to the bathroom neraby and started splashing his face we laugh hard about that now though. If you were there seeing him flip over and scream o [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] you would be laughing too.

Thats it for now tired of typing.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm clumsy so I'm always falling over/into things. Most of the time it does hurt but I have to laugh about it otherwise I'd get embarrassed!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have a urge to post a 10000 words long post like everyone here but I figure it will be painful for everyone here so I decided to post something funny instead.

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

Once I was gonna get braces and I had to get the spacer things and when they took those out they had to put the bands on and they couldn't find the right size, though it felt like they were on just fine, and it hurt like hell. So I was crying because it hurt so bad, and then laughing because I felt like such a wuss. Then I was crying and laughing at the same time. It was pretty funny. Oh, and I never got braces. My teeth are still kinda crooked. It made me mad though, cus they couldn't just find the right size...

Oh and another time, I was attacked by a chair. Yeah, it fell on top of me. I was laughing so hard, my friend called me and I couldn't talk, my mom had to talk for me. I know it doesn't seem that funny now but it was then. That reminds me of the time I got into a pillow fight (me fighting a pillow) and the pillow won. That wasn't really painful though.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

I did a face plant in the parking lot at school. Tripped over a wire, and tore my leg up, (Oddly enough, my jeans were fine) and mangled my dignity. I still get laughs out of it. Actually, I usually laugh afterwards- i get weird injuries.

Recently I tried to balance myself as I walked on a very skinny wall (like between the concrete and the grassfield) but I tripped over a wobbly portion of it fell backwards and smashed my head.

Then 2 people saw me helped me up. Twas quite embarrassingly funny.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I'm clumsy so I'm always falling over/into things. Most of the time it does hurt but I have to laugh about it otherwise I'd get embarrassed!
    Same here!

The other day a very small 12 year old I'd never saw before ran up to me, punched me in the nose, and ran away.
    I thought it was broken for the rest of the day, and when he originally did it it really did hurt like hell, despite his size.
    But yeah, I laughed about it the second it happened.