Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: so..how do you make new friends?

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I dunno, usually at school or your work place, where do most people hang out? In my case it was the cafe, I usually hung around where my classmates did, sitting with a different people every time till I found a couple that had the same interests as me till we kept on hanging out regularly.

I think usually it works if there's a person that you see at the same spot nearly every day and make random friendly convernsations with.

Touché,Threeché,SPAMATION Monster Hunt's Avatar

If the person likes you, they like you- they have a conversation with you and if it goes well (like the others said) you're likely to become friends. Make sure you don't go with people's opinions of people or make sure you don't hate a person before you know them well.

I mean I think you're cool for being gutsy enough to put up this topic, but that's just me.
    was all like to who was acctually feeling due to the fact that :oscar: & :frylock: couldn't go to his b'day party. patted him on the back and :mog: said there's always next year. felt more , felt , but :moose: (who knows when (as the person he is) he came in) was more of a . :magus: jumped in and told that no one really likes him. BROKEN ran everyone over with a :sophia:. So lived happily ever after, especially after he had with :rsl:
    The end!

66% of sig statistics are fake- and so is this one.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Friends?

Blog Entries

Buy them. Here http://www.fakeyourspace.com/

Seriously though - just be yourself, smile a lot, chat to people. You don't have to be "declared" friends either, it just happens naturally if you chat to someone and find that you get along with them.

And despite my little joke above, adding someone to your Myspace friends list does not make them a friend. I'm sure you know that already though

Go sit where other people who seem interesting to you are. You don't even have to talk, unless of course one of them speaks to you.

If you sit next to someone you think is a neat person, just talk to them. It doesn't have to be about anything in particular; it can just be something totally random or pointless, like "Geeze, I hope we don't get much homework today." Or something.

Starting a conversation might be a bit tough if you're really shy, but if you can do it you can at least get to know some people a little better.

Blog Entries

lol us internet nerdz hav no friendz.

It isn't hard. You just make conversation with whoever you happen to be next to.

there was a picture here

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just make conversation with people around you. Anyone. About anything!

I'm quite shy around people when I first meet them, but in reality I'm quite a confident person. Whilst I was at school I made most of my friends by making a few friends first and then once I was confident with myself more people began to notice me and making friends with me, so it was pretty easy in the end.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I jump from behind a bush and ask them to be my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    I jump from behind a bush and ask them to be my friend.
    thats right before yams goes and eats them cause ya know, he's yams
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is Yams the man who jumped out of the bushes and made me touch him when I was little?

I prefer making friends with the ladies than with guys. It's just easier for me to get on with them. Guys are boring really.

Just keep an eye out for someone you think would be a good friend (don't pick someone who's rude in general, or mean) and after you've observed how well he or she behaves with others and decided that you want to be friends, just find the oppurtunity to talk with that person. After you've gotten to know the person by chatting with him or her a couple of times and realize that a friendship is developing, it's pretty easy to exchange phone numbers and ask if he or she wants to visit you or go out to the mall or whatever.

Thanks everyone youve all been really helpful i shall bear your advice in mind on my search for a new friend!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Add the person on social media. Find out the person personal info and drag the person to my basement where we will live happily ever after.

Friends finished in 2004 and they had that reunion but I don't think they'll make any more episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.