Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Help Devil Man Make A Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    Just imagine, with no rules, your forum will be full of threads like this!

It's a bad idea now that I think about it.

Somebody warn this Thread and get it locked plz, because I can't be bothered imho

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post

Oooh, one thing, no emos or whining of any sort. People should have to have a pair to use the forum.
    Already the discrimination is starting. Everyone is more or less equal on Eoff; if there is any rudeness or discrimination, it's eradicated by the staff.

In discrimanating against any group you already show your own shallowness. If people started discriminating against you because you're a typical heavy metal fan, and you had to be kicked out of Devil Man's forum, would you realize how pointless it is to kick out someone just over the type of person he is?

As soon as there are no rules people will start making their own, and most of the time this is ends up in disaster. This is why I have no interest in a ruleless forum.
    Nope, not at all. I wouldn't be kicked out of Devil Man's forum anyway.

To be honest, not everything is rainbows and sunshine, and little emo kids can't handle that fact. I could take it a step further and say they deserve to be killed, but I won't (they kill themselves anyway).
    Just because someone is highly depressed and overly emotional, there is no point in even contemplating their "need" to die.

And if you have no interest in a rule-less forum, which is the type of forum Devil man is going to make, then why waste your time and everyone else's by posting in here?
    The original point of the thread was to give Devil Man suggestions for his forum. I'm trying to prove the fact that no rules will mean endless flaming, and flaming is not condusive to a great forum like Eoff.

I've been to a forum with constant flaming, and I can say that being argued with and flamed at whenever you express an opinion or state common sense becomes incerdibly annoying. Refusing to allow a certain type of person in a forum already goes to show how rude people will be on there.

Of course, I doubt my comments will make Devil Man reconsider things, so at this point I have no further comments on ruleless threads.
    Well, to you their may not be a point, but I see one. But that is an argument neither here nor there.

And a rule-less forum can only breed quick wit and greater capacity for orating. Sure, there may be the ignorant flaming of simple name calling, but no one pays attention to them anyway. The true flaming comes in the form of a battle of wits between two or more parties.

Iron sharpens iron, in the same way that guys rag on each other on a near constant basis and keep each other on their toes, a rule less forum will breed quicker witted people.

And who says EoFF is great?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was talking to God, and whilst engaged in an engaging conversation about engagement parties, the subject of EoFF arised. When I asked the Almighty Father if He had made anything better, He said (and I quote):

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hairy Dude In The Sky With All Power And That
    No. Don't be ridiculous! EoFF was my most perfect creation!
    And then he slapped me back down to Earth, so I could aid in the posting numbers of this great and wonderful place. True story, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin 'n' Tonic View Post
    I was talking to God, and whilst engaged in an engaging conversation about engagement parties, the subject of EoFF arised. When I asked the Almighty Father if He had made anything better, He said (and I quote):

And then he slapped me back down to Earth, so I could aid in the posting numbers of this great and wonderful place. True story, btw.

Your Post was offensive to Christians imho :aimblush:

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For debating purposes, I'm going to say I am Christian, and I do believe I can talk to God through my prayers and my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Man View Post

Your Post was offensive to Christians imho :aimblush:

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He must have been drunk

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I think we both were. "Holy Water" my ass.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Forbid the use of the word "trout"

I hate trout.
    Ugh, me too. What a horrible word/fish.

What makes a good forum? It needs some rules but yet it doesn't need to be too strict, and it needs to have a lot of activity, good posts and people to keep me interested.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Did Devil Man made a forum in the end or he decided to upgrade it to a discord channel?