Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle

Default Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicle

I love this manga series! It's so different from the Card Captors series! (Though the same obviously) I think it's the only manga that crosses over (with xxxholic) It's just so great! I love it! Opinions anyone?

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

There are other manga crossovers, but yeah. I'm not much of a manga reader, but the little bit I have read looked promising.

The anime, though, bored me to tears. It has action and suspsense and all that stuff, but it just wasn't very interesting. A lot like Fate/Stay Night.

I <3 the anime.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I watch the anime. It has more filler but it does help to expand the vast-ness of the universe with different worlds. I am waiting for the last and final season of the show starting in April.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cardcaptors? That sounds familiar. Was it like: CARDCAPTORS! A MYSTIC ADVENTURE! CARDCAPTORS! A QUEST FOR ALL TIME! EACH CARD POSSESSES A POWER something, YOU'VE GOT TO something AND BRING THE POWER HOOOOOOME!

I loved that program. I dunno if that's relevant or not. But seriously, Cardcaptors rocks my face.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cardcaptors was actually heavily editted and rearranged in an attempt to make Syaoran the main character to appeal to a young male audience. The original series, Cardcaptor Sakura, was extremely cute, and involved several homosexual relationships and a few student/teacher relationships, one of which was between a 4th grader and a 20-something-year-old.

I enjoy Tsubasa Chronicle, but the filler in the anime does irk me to some degree. It's pretty though and I absolutely love the music (Yuki Kajiura = ). I need to finish watching the second season eventually.

I'm on Volume III, which is laying in my room somewhere, and so far I am enjoying it quite a bit. Never seen the anime though.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    Cardcaptors was actually heavily editted and rearranged in an attempt to make Syaoran the main character to appeal to a young male audience. The original series, Cardcaptor Sakura, was extremely cute, and involved several homosexual relationships and a few student/teacher relationships, one of which was between a 4th grader and a 20-something-year-old.
    Wow, I never knew that. I don't remember any homosexuality or 4th grade/20 year old lovin' though. Might just have been edited for all the little kiddies.

So the one I watched was the origional series? Kero rocks my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    I enjoy Tsubasa Chronicle, but the filler in the anime does irk me to some degree. It's pretty though and I absolutely love the music (Yuki Kajiura = ). I need to finish watching the second season eventually.
    I've yet to read the manga, so I can't tell what's filler and what's not.

And that opera song that plays when Syaoran first meets Yuuko is so beautiful!<333

I'll just agree with Void, since he's said basically what I would have said, other than I've already finished the second season.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Well I am watching the anime and finding it quite entertaining. But who else is glad Mokona doesn't right the entire series's storyline. That one episode... I think a four year old could have come up with a better plot then Mokona did(of course that is part of the humour but wow, Mokona could use an imagination implant :P).

As for cardcaptors I really enjoyed the series(I watched a fansubbed version, what I have read of the american dub makes me quake in my boots).

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you watched Cardcaptors in English, you watched the editted version. It never aired in America in uneditted form. The first episode that aired was the episode when Syaoran (Li, as they called him) first appeared, the Thunder card.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

If you are talking to me, I think I stated I watched a fansub. Of course I guess the quality of the group could be brought up but according to the sources I have read it had all the episodes.

Of course if the American Dub started at the Thunder card that is like 7 episodes they cut right there.... Good greif they really must have butchered it.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh they butchered Cardcaptor Sakura all right. It was nearly unrecognizable in its finished product.

not that drug dealer CelestialStarDust's Avatar

i really loved that show and the second movie was ADORABLE.and whats this with the third season being the last??i must know.and the english dub of cardcaptor sakura actually scared me when i was a little kid.the opening was too fast.i loved sailor moon though :P

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.