Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am just appalled at our governemnt

Man, are people STILL talking about the US Government? That was so two years ago, what left is there to say about it?

I think the government has learned it's lesson not to act hastily after getting into Iraq. If Iran were to actually nuke the US or Israel, what is Iran gonna do then? They're wouldn't be able to nuke two countries and then face no resistance. And we might be able to get rid of that useless organization known as the UN.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hasn't Iran been nuked yet? Lame. Wake me up when it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin 'n' Tonic View Post
    We all already know the American govt. sucks.
    All governments suck, every one of them.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
    This man just gave a speech calling for the destruction of the US and Israel and that no one could stop him from going nuclear, thus violating UN resolutions. That mean anything to you, Ouch!?
    Of course it does. It means to me that we need, more than ever, to act diplomatically and open our arms to the President of Iran. If we deny him the right to come to the United States, we only prove all of his opinions about our society correct and encourage his hatred for us.

If we allow him to come to our country, we can attempt to show him the good aspects of the United States. We have no hope of peacefully salvaging the situation. You know, you win more flies with honey or whatever the hell that phrase is.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather such disputes (which seem a lot more like big talk from both sides tan a willingness to act) be solved with peaceful diplomacy rather than going out of our way to offend our enemies as much as possible and only further provoke them.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'd rather such disputes (which seem a lot more like big talk from both sides tan a willingness to act) be solved with peaceful diplomacy rather than going out of our way to offend our enemies as much as possible and only further provoke them.
    Ah...one problem...

TOO LATE. NUKE THEM NOW. AND GET THIS OVER WITH.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyjunkie View Post
    We all already know the American govt. sucks.
    All governments suck, every one of them.
    That is true. But the main focus here is the American one, and though all government leaders can be stupid, George Bush can't not be.

Blog Entries

Eww, why would the president of Iran would want to go to the USA. 'Your' soil will get his feet dirty

(SPOILER)Just kidding i think both seem to have some trickyness up their sleeve. Like the government is just waiting for the president of iran to slip up so they can be all J'ACUSE! Or the president of Iran is waiting for the americans to be all like 'go back to pakistan' or something to be like americans suck im goin nukuler
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

This man just gave a speech calling for the destruction of the US and Israel and that no one could stop him from going nuclear, thus violating UN resolutions. That mean anything to you, Ouch!?
    Of course it does. It means to me that we need, more than ever, to act diplomatically and open our arms to the President of Iran. If we deny him the right to come to the United States, we only prove all of his opinions about our society correct and encourage his hatred for us.

If we allow him to come to our country, we can attempt to show him the good aspects of the United States. We have no hope of peacefully salvaging the situation. You know, you win more flies with honey or whatever the hell that phrase is.

Got a point there, Ouch!. Of course I don't want to see more of our troops die just to get rid of this douchebag. If we do win this fly, do you think he'll stop this "Wipe Israel off the map" bull? There is one problem, this guy is not the true power in Iran. He can be compared to, let's say, the mayor of Midgar, whereas the real power was Shinra Inc.. The real power there are the Ayatollahs. In the unlikely event that we win this fly, we won't win those nutjobs above him. They'd have Ahmadinejad secretly removed from office and then skin him alive. After that, they'd replace him with someone even more extreme.
    Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2712300/1/

Big Brother's Xenogears novelization

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Got a point there, Ouch!. Of course I don't want to see more of our troops die just to get rid of this douchebag. If we do win this fly, do you think he'll stop this "Wipe Israel off the map" bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:? There is one problem, this guy is not the true power in Iran. He can be compared to, let's say, the mayor of Midgar, whereas the real power was Shinra Inc.. The real power there are the Ayatollahs. In the unlikely event that we win this fly, we won't win those nutjobs above him. They'd have Ahmadinejad secretly removed from office and then skin him alive. After that, they'd replace him with someone even more extreme.
    Perhaps, but we still stand to gain nothing by insulting the man. What do we have to fear? Does anyone really expect him to walk into the university with a bomb strapped to his chest and blow up the auditorium? We have nothing to lose from being nice to him.

Edit: Also, while it may be true that winning the president over may do us little good in the long run, such actions not only help change the opinion of our enemies, but also that of the rest of the world. Everyone knows what a crappy reputation the United States sports right now. There's others watching this little exchange as well, and it might be nice to show that jumping into the fray with military power and disrupting an entire region for years to come isn't the only way we deal with problems in the Middle East.

He wouldn't blow himself up. Only expendable "martyrs" are doing that. And no matter what we do, the rest of the world will find something to complain about when it comes to the US. Do not forget that the Islamic Extremists preach that it is the sacred duty of every able bodied Muslim to kill Americans and their allies, both civil and military. We are good pals with the Saudi Royal family who are very devout Sunni Muslims, and that's not changin al Qaeda's opinion of us. In Iraq we are allies with Sheik Muqtada Al Sadr, a former enemy of ours, and that hasn't improved our relations with Shi'ite extremists.

You're also avoiding my point on Israel. I doubt his views on Israel will change. I also doubt he'll stop his nuclear program. The Islamic Republic of Iran armed with nukes isn't really something I'd savor, nor does the rest of the world.
    Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2712300/1/

Big Brother's Xenogears novelization

It's not our responsibility to improve Iran's relation with Israel, that's Iran and Israel's responsibility.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    It's not our responsibility to improve Iran's relation with Israel, that's Iran and Israel's responsibility.
    Precisely. I didn't address the matter of Iran's conflicts with Israel because I don't believe that the United States has to play the mediator (and, incidentally, the police) of the world.

You're misunderstanding my opinion on the matter, I think. I don't believe that being nice to the president of Iran will in any way realistically improve our relations with any group in the Middle East or alter Iran's plans for its nuclear program, at least not in the immediate future. Playing nice, however, will not escalate any currently-existing enmities.

Do you believe that by keeping the president of Iran out of the United States these same problems may be solved? Will denying him entrance somehow impede the Iranian nuclear program? Will it somehow improve the relations with Israel? We shoot ourselves in the foot by denying him, and while we may not see many immediate gains from playing diplomat, at least we're putting ourselves in a better position.

ah if we get nuked we get nuked. not much we can do.

Christians are always being oppressed. They have a right to protest.
    yeah man, with their wealthy Western culture, them forcing their beliefs on others, saying every other religion is wrong but theirs, refusing to think outside the box (it's a sin kids!), making ignorant statements about Muslims and the Middle Eastern culture(s), I totally believe Christians are oppressed

but in all honesty, I hope you're kidding, Christians are some of the most close-minded, egocentric, ignorant humans to exist (the majority, there's still a good few who are truly worthy of the title).
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES