Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Americans !!

Default Americans !!

So while pondering the other day about the random things that often float in and out of my head, I started thinking, how do you Americans view us Brits?

I mean I know that American's aren't generally very popular on this side of the pond so it'd be interesting to hear what you have to say about us.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

The average American seems to find the British to be very charming polite people who are slightly uptight. You know the stereotypes.

I, because so many of my friends are British, know this not to be true. xD I think they're very easygoing and fun. They aren't nearly as prudish so I don't have to worry about what I say, like I do when speaking to my American buddies. My most offensive friend, Dan, is British. He says stuff that disgusts me and makes me cry laughing at the same time. I love it. I think the main reason that they're viewed as super polite is because a lot of British people have a prettier way of speaking. Not the chavs, of course, but you know that.

Basically, I love the British.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

They think we're stuffy tea-drinkers who would've been owned in every single war ever if it wasn't for them. Even in the ones in the middle ages.

Americans are popular over here. I don't really care about the generic "smurf bu$h" anti-war view. If we hated America so much we wouldn't have a huge chubby for their culture.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I saw Blair as our bitch. Otherwise, they are better than us in almost every way. Even that damned accent.

As an American, I can proudly say that our culture sucks.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think of Brits as Americans that talk funny and wear coats more often.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Their accent makes them sound so smart and sophisticated D:

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm British, but I like posting, so I'm going to give my opinion of Americans.

Before I went to America, I could only assume that they weren't all the same as their invalid President. When I went over, I found out my assumptions were true. Though the Americans do live up to some of their stereotypes (fairly loud, less subtle and all that other stuff), it wasn't in an annoying way that I was led to believe by God knows what. Probably television presenters exaggerating their trips in the US. I have no doubt that there are plenty of jackasses in America, but at least now I know that there are loads of nice people. The shopkeeps are nice and chatty, which is a fairly uncommon thing in the UK, so that was nice. And, though I obviously prefer British comedy, both Americans and Canadians were still very funny and likable.

And I only went through Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and California. I can't wait to see the rest.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post

Before I went to America, I could only assume that they weren't all the same as their invalid President. When I went over, I found out my assumptions were true. Though the Americans do live up to some of their stereotypes (fairly loud, less subtle and all that other stuff), it wasn't in an annoying way that I was led to believe by God knows what. Probably television presenters exaggerating their trips in the US. I have no doubt that there are plenty of jackasses in America, but at least now I know that there are loads of nice people. The shopkeeps are nice and chatty, which is a fairly uncommon thing in the UK, so that was nice. And, though I obviously prefer British comedy, both Americans and Canadians were both still very funny and likable.

And I only went through Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and California. I can't wait to see the rest.
    Ewww, no wonder so many of those people lived up to the stereotype. xD Come east sometime, people are so much cooler here. California is cool though. It's like New York's sunny and fruity cousin. It's the only other state I could ever see myself living in for a long time, besides MA or Hawaii.

I probably offended half of the country. Sorry guys!

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I have no preconceptions about British people as a whole, other than their accents are different than ours and their money is worth more.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

TEXAS IS THE FRIENDSHIP STATE.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post

Before I went to America, I could only assume that they weren't all the same as their invalid President. When I went over, I found out my assumptions were true. Though the Americans do live up to some of their stereotypes (fairly loud, less subtle and all that other stuff), it wasn't in an annoying way that I was led to believe by God knows what. Probably television presenters exaggerating their trips in the US. I have no doubt that there are plenty of jackasses in America, but at least now I know that there are loads of nice people. The shopkeeps are nice and chatty, which is a fairly uncommon thing in the UK, so that was nice. And, though I obviously prefer British comedy, both Americans and Canadians were both still very funny and likable.

Ewww, no wonder so many of those people lived up to the stereotype. xD Come east sometime, people are so much cooler here. California is cool though. It's like New York's sunny and fruity cousin.
    I wanna go all over the shop when I have a gap year.

i never really cared enough to form an opinion

you cant form an opinion about a people by their notables and/or leaders
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes you can.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I have the stereotype of Americans being loud, dramatic and friendly. British things get converted into American and they become so dramatic, it makes me lul. American Idol for example, it's all dramatic "BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING NEXT!", things like that just arn't on British TV, we have more sob stories.

It makes me lul at the British stereotype of being really posh, I'm used to British schools were it really isnt posh xD we're all the same though, really; Americans are just more tanned and glamorous version.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Their accent makes them sound so smart and sophisticated D:
    Haha, you really haven't heard some British accents. xD