Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kid wails as he loses on Halo

Blog Entries

Ah, I see.

Well, that sucks.

well, no-one likes to lose. But this kid is just absurd. I mean anyone can get frustrated if they just can't beat another person. But this is just absurd. My friends do similar things... you can only use that gun! You can't use Fox! You're not allowed to use Talim! Etc etc.

Of course it's never fun to lose, but c'mon, his brother is so much older than him. Did he expect to really win?

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    People who make fun of my gamertag (kills are often followed up by teabagging or me beating the out of their corpse)
    They make fun of your Gamertag? I can't even tell most of them apart. They're all something stupid like Uberk1ller1257.

Blog Entries

Default I don't have an X-Box. This lie was for the sake of the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    People who make fun of my gamertag (kills are often followed up by teabagging or me beating the out of their corpse)
    They make fun of your Gamertag? I can't even tell most of them apart. They're all something stupid like Uberk1ller1257.
    Hey! Don't make fun of my Gamertag!

Articles
    Blog Entries

This vid is representative of XBox gamers...

j/p

I don't think this raised a question of kids being able to play video games or be able to play online. The older brother and girl-voiced kid on the camera were obviously antagonising him, the kid said in the beginning that they force him to play, etc. PLus they forced him to get taped when he obviously didn't want them to.

LOL and what was up with the part where he slowly looks towards the camera, then there's this crash and he's laying on the floor holding his stomache. the video was funny at times, even as a whole, i'll admit.

but seriously, this is an example of when young adults act like douchebags to little tykes. They could've let him win a few rounds, or they obviously don't know anything about children and how they react. Or maybe they do and they just did this to be pricks.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Yeah, they do. It's Momijitsuki (pronounced "Mow-mee-jit-suki") and when a match is about to start, it's common for some douchebag to call me 'Mommy' (ala GoBo) or 'Mommyjutsu' or something. It isn't THAT hard to pronounce. I find names like sMoKeWeEdPiMpG66669 or myBALLSurFACE (never seen those names before, but it's rather common to see similar ones) to be much stupider.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar
    but seriously, this is an example of when young adults act like douchebags to little tykes. They could've let him win a few rounds, or they obviously don't know anything about children and how they react. Or maybe they do and they just did this to be pricks.
    Uh, no. This is an example WHY kids should not be playing games that are more mature for their age. At that age, kids should be playing games like Super Mario Bros. or something similar. I disagree when people say violent games make kids violent, but in many cases, it turns them into whiny little brats.

Blog Entries

I disagree, Momiji. They had gotten the kid sad in the first place, and then whooped his ass in a game he liked. It's much more of an example on how much the child's older brother(s?) was a meany-guy.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I disagree, Momiji. They had gotten the kid sad in the first place, and then whooped his ass in a game he liked. It's much more of an example on how much the child's older brother(s?) was a meany-guy.
    Meh. They WERE being mean, but he shouldn't have been playing to begin with if he wasn't able to keep his temper.

Blog Entries

How can you keep your temper when your older siblings are recording you with the clear intentions of upsetting you?

Of course, I watched about 20 seconds. I should go back and watch the whole thing before I actually discuss this.

Edit: Well, I guess they weren't being that mean, but no need to force him to play. It seemed like the bet was that if the kid were to win, he'd stop making fun of him, or something like that. Still, they were being mean, and the kid was STILL overreacting, but I really think the older siblings had some kind of lesson in mind for him, and they were just being asses about it.
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 02-23-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

How can you keep your temper when your older siblings are recording you with the clear intentions of upsetting you?

Of course, I watched about 20 seconds. I should go back and watch the whole thing before I actually discuss this.

Edit: Well, I guess they weren't being that mean, but no need to force him to play. It seemed like the bet was that if the kid were to win, he'd stop making fun of him, or something like that. Still, they were being mean, and the kid was STILL overreacting, but I really think the older siblings had some kind of lesson in mind for him, and they were just being asses about it.
    Let's just blame the parents!

Blog Entries

Good idea. :3

Blog Entries

I think its more mature to be an annoying little sibling than to be an older sibling who is purposely being an ass. Maybe neither of them should be playing video games.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The kid needs to stop being such a cry baby and suck it, and his (assumed) brothers need to stop mocking him for sucking so much. Practice makes perfect, but the "practice" of getting your ass handed to you multiple times by your brothers is useless. I never bother with multiplayer until I've completed single.

On a different note, my proudest ever Halo Multiplayer moment was when I shot a guy in the head with a sniper, as he was trying to run down my mate in a Warthog. I then proceeded to shoot my friend in the head too, whilst he was jumping. It was a total fluke for me to use 2 shots to kill 2 moving targets like that, but I'm still proud of it.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It seemed like the bet was that if the kid were to win, he'd stop making fun of him, or something like that.
    What I gathered, was that the older guy promised that if the kid won, he could play the Xbox. Obviously, it was just a way into getting him to play - and there was no chance of him actually winning the bet; so he wouldn't get to play the Xbox. Maybe the kid would actually get good at the game if his brother would actually let him play it, without some bet on whether he could play or not.

I'd definitely put a lot of the blame on the older brother. If that kind of thing happened often to me, I'd probably get angry and tearful.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, my little brother and I used to be like that xD

Now I'm much nicer, and he's not so much of a little brat