Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Moogle Doctor Who

This is for you Doctor Who fans out there! I don't know how many eoffers watch Doctor Who but I think it's the best British TV Series ever. I don't think Americans will know what Doctor Who is but it's been a TV series in the UK that's been running since 23rd November 1963. That's 45 years today! That shows how awesome it is, and why everyone should watch it. Currently David Tennent is playign the 10th Doctor with his assisstant Donna Noble played by Catherine Tate.

Anyone a Doctor Who fan and watching it? :mog:

<hr />

EDIT: I added the theme tuen to Doctor Who. ^__^
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by smittenkitten; 04-14-2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Just Adding Theme Tune

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

ive been a doctor who fan for many years xD
    seen about 1/2 of all the episodes (my brother has almost every story on video/audio)
    its pretty good yes. the old series is just good to laugh at
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've watched episodes here and there, and maybe I've caught the wrong episodes but the ones I've seen were freaky and I hate watching scary stuff.

Like, I watched part of one where there were stone angel things that were coming alive and it was so freakin' SCARY. I had nightmares after watching a very brief segment of the show.

No good.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

That stone angel one... that was a pretty creepy one out of a whole bunch of non-creepy ones. Kinda unlucky there. Well, I never found any other episodes of Doctor Who that creepy, except from the Stone Angel one.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You should check out some of the old-school DW, especially the doctors played by Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy.

The Daleks are awesome. Exterminate!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    You should check out some of the old-school DW, especially the doctors played by Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy.

The Daleks are awesome. Exterminate!
    Yes the episodes with Tom Baker is the ones I use to watch when I was little. I remember I use to be so scared of the Daleks, I use to hide behind the couch! I've watched all four series with the nineth and tenth Doctors. Who were played by Christopher Eccleston and of course the current one David Tennat. Oh did I also mention I'm in love with David.
    Last edited by smittenkitten; 04-14-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Grammer

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I was never into the older DW's, though my cousin was a huge fan as is another friend of mine. To me they seem like a kind of mixture of cheapness and campness that's quintessentially British, but not really my cup of tea. The new series of the other hand is superb, not just in it's production but in the quality of writing. It's one of the few family shows that doesn't treat it's audience like morons and actually goes to some controversial areas (nature of sexuality, genocide, consequences and dealing with them etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by smittenkitten View Post
    Oh did I also mention I'm in love with David.
    Me too.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Saturdays episode of doctor who was pretty good. I liked the whole idea of the Doctor and his Side Kick being the cause of the volcanic eruption in it and the bit near the end with the doctor and whats her name being on a shrine as gods was neat.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There is a positive correlation between my hatred for Catherine Tate and the more I see her in shows. Nice lady, 'n' all, just really crap.

And from the two episodes seen so far, it's not as good as t'others.

Quick question: what do you (anyone who feels like answering) think the relevance of chucking the Sonic Pen into the bin in the first one was? The Doctor Who Crew usually put little things like that in episodes that turn into some future episode. I reckon Donna's mum's gonna get it, seeing as how Donna said to "look in a bin", and Rose isn't there to tell her what bin. Just a thought. Or it could just be throwing it away. Who knows.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Saturdays episode of doctor who was pretty good. I liked the whole idea of the Doctor and his Side Kick being the cause of the volcanic eruption in it and the bit near the end with the doctor and whats her name being on a shrine as gods was neat.
    the bit at the start where he said 'That fire was nothing to do with me!' (as in the great fire of rome) was a reference to a story called The Romans where the 1st Doctor went to Rome and had a hand in causing that fire
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Still not convinced by Catherine Tate as assistant. But then again Billie Piper was a lot better than i thought she'd be.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Blog Entries

I'm a massive Doctor Who fan, been watching it since the repeats of John Pertwee as the Doctor, that's a good 21 years now. I'm also so geeky, I even modeled the TARDIS in 3d.

You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

I am quite impressed by Catherine Tate, actually, I wasn't really looking forward to it, as I'm not a fan of The Catherine Tate Show, but it was better than I thought it would be.

I only watch it for David Tennant!

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post
    There is a positive correlation between my hatred for Catherine Tate and the more I see her in shows. Nice lady, 'n' all, just really crap.

And from the two episodes seen so far, it's not as good as t'others.

Quick question: what do you (anyone who feels like answering) think the relevance of chucking the Sonic Pen into the bin in the first one was? The Doctor Who Crew usually put little things like that in episodes that turn into some future episode. I reckon Donna's mum's gonna get it, seeing as how Donna said to "look in a bin", and Rose isn't there to tell her what bin. Just a thought. Or it could just be throwing it away. Who knows.
    Omg me and you think alike. I thought the exact same thing when he threw it in the bin.

I watched the new series up until Rose left. I wasn't into the show enough to continue watching through another companion. BUT I really like Catherine Tate, so I might start watching it again. And I've been hearing things about Rose coming back, so...