Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bioshock: Infinite

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Say what you will about Adam Sessler but since leaving G4 he certainly has upped his game.

The first two Bioshock games are in my backlog; I should play them at some point. I won't buy Bioshock Infinite because I typically do not buy games immediately upon release, nor do I preorder them, but I will probably get it at some point in the nearish future.
    I held out on both 1 and 2 for a few years each also. I just finished 2. I think they're both great, though the first beats the second for sheer wow value. I'm really excited for this one though and plan to put it on my to-play list in the very near future. I want so bad to know about the story but also to not have it spoiled, which is making it a very hard thing to be on the internet right now.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Game set me back about half a dozen autosave points for no reason. Lost about 4 hours of progress. This is why I hate it when developers don't include the ability to manually save your game.

/ragequit

/ragefix

So, I decided to see to this issue, with righteous vengeance and furious anger. Turns out Irrational Games, living up to their namesake, didn't consider the possibility of somebody playing offline and turning off their Xbox. Meaning that every time I turned it on to play, I was back in Novemeber 2005. I remember that year. It was a troutty year, Irrational. Don't make me revisit it every time I want to play this game. I went through each save file in my System Settings one by one, finding the most recent and loading it up. If it was in the wrong place, I deleted it. Rinse, repeat. Finally got me back in my rightful place. Now every time I stop playing Bioshock, all I have to do is go into the Settings, delete all the save files except the most recent one, and everything should be fine and dandy.

Fink is right; isn't simplicity just the smurfing best?
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 04-15-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I had the same issue. I took my Xbox to a friend's to play 1999 Mode and didn't set it up to play online. Every time I reloaded an autosave it would take me back to the Sea of Doors save and I could not understand why.

I restarted the game mode three times before realizing what the issue was.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ohhhhh, he doesn't row.

Those two characters are easily my favourite thing about this game.

A Spoony V-Log on Bioshock that was very interesting!

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2013/04/...finite-review/

It's a sit down and talk about a game review, not one of his over the top massive game reviews.

It does kind of nail the reasons I could never get into the series.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Just finished this ol' thing. Thoroughly impressed. I did love it quite a bit.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

God I wish I could play this. I get 2 frames per second on the lowest settings (I mean that literally. I measured with FRAPS) and I've kept the people with 2K games customer support thoroughly stumped for 26 days. At this point, even if it gets fixed I'm not sure I'll be able to play it without a bad taste in my mouth.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Just finished this ol' thing. Thoroughly impressed. I did love it quite a bit.
    Tooooold you.

And that really sucks Vivi, it's a game that should be played by everyone imo.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, it's weird. In all of the years I've been playing PC games this is the only time I've had one not work at all and not been able to easily fix it myself, let alone have every solution that tech support has offered up fail on me as well for nearly a month. The strangest thing is that it runs the same on the lowest settings as it does on really high settings. I got no improvement in the frame rate at all when I dropped them all down, and no programs seem to be interfering with it.

Minor edit: I think my favourite part though was when the 2K rep told me flat out after a couple of weeks of messages back and forth that there was nothing else they could do. Mentioned that if they couldn't help me I'd have to try and see if I could get a refund through Steam and their tune changed remarkably quickly.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Minor edit: I think my favourite part though was when the 2K rep told me flat out after a couple of weeks of messages back and forth that there was nothing else they could do. Mentioned that if they couldn't help me I'd have to try and see if I could get a refund through Steam and their tune changed remarkably quickly.
    That's how a lot of companies do.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Minor bump to say I found a solution to my issue just over a month later. And I do mean I found the solution because the tech support guys were stumped.

Managed to find some posts from a couple of people on the 2K boards from back in March saying that they had the same issue but it went away when they played the game in windowed mode instead of full screen. Tried it and my frame rate was smooth as a baby's butt straight away. Cranked the graphics as high as they would go immediately, frame rates are still smooth. I have no idea why this works, but smurf it, I don't care any more. I'll probably start into this once I finish The Last of Us. After I got it working there was just this feeling of "that's it? smurf this game!" And I really don't have the desire to start playing it right this second.