Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Dwarf

Default Red Dwarf

An awesome comedy from the late 80's-90's. I would imagine that the Brits on the forum are well aware of it's greatness, but probably not everyone else.

It's a sci fi comedy that ran for 10 series which I think might be quite popular on here to people looking for a new tv show. It's based around the last surviving human stranded in space with the company of his least favorite colleague reserrected as a hologram, a cat evolves into a humananoid in the 3 million years between pilot and episode 2 and a robot who's having his programming broken and the computer senile operating system . Well worth a watch series 2 -6 are gold.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes. Hell smegging yes.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Everybody's dead Dave.

Also Quinoa is pretty much the living embodiment of Arnold Rimmer and I love him for it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Red Dwarf is one of my favourite shows! I've seen them all to bloody death! I love the Mr Flibbles episode!

Cat is my favourite character, but I do like Holly and Kryten ahhhh it's too hard to pick a fav really! Fantastic show!

This is now stuck in my head!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I only watched this show in its entirety last year. I am a bad Brit.

But I loved it! Just gotta watch that most recent season they released. Eventually.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Recognize the name but never delved past that title.

I friggin love this show so much. I actually just rewatched it completely last week. I saw it like 10 times already and it's still golden.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Red Dwarf is my favourite show of all time. Me and Cloudane on here have a mutual love for it!

My friend Hannah occasionally tests me by quoting an episode. I have never yet failed to name what episode it was and from what series... I have seen all of them way to many times!

I agree that series 2-6 were just fantastic. Marooned is probably my favourite episode. The dialogue between Rimmer and Lister in that is outstanding.

I watched it as a kid on BBC2 comedy nights and totally forgot about until 3 years ago. I watch it start to finish at least twice a year now, classic show and nothing else like it out there.

Rimmsy is one of my favourite characters of all time, such an arse..... smeghead.
    Ride ze shoopuff

I've been a fan for almost as long as I've been a Doctor Who fan (nearly twenty years). I've seen all of it except Back to Earth, which I have heard very mixed things about .
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I've been a fan for almost as long as I've been a Doctor Who fan (nearly twenty years). I've seen all of it except Back to Earth, which I have heard very mixed things about .
    Back to Earth didn't happen. It is simply not something that exists. At all. In fact, what am I even talking about?

I have no idea.

Articles

Hey Bubba, you'd lose a battle of wits with a stuffed iguana. Episode?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Easy. Series 1 episode 1 'The End'.

I'm not really here I'm not really me. I'm a computer simulation of me. That's me over there... that pile of albino mouse droppings.

Articles

Someone who says "sumfink" instead of "something", and laughs like a freshly wounded moose strapped to a cement mixer?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ha, oh man that's from series 7! Probably my least favourite of the first 8 series if I'm honest. Not being filmed in front of an audience definitely affected the quality.

I think it was the flashback scene when Rimmer was telling Lister that he couldn't get someone like Kochanski and his type were gilrs called 'Tiffany'.

Pretty sure that was episode 3 'Ouroboros'