Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby face

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

With makeup I look my age and perhaps even older because of my style, but without makeup definitely not. I always get IDed though, but that's more so because New Yorkers are ID Nazis.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

im always considered younger, but i blame my clothing for that. i dont dress very mature.
    last year i had to show my ID a few times, eventhough i was 21 already (and the minimum age for alcohol was 18 back then)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most of my life people have thought I was older than I actually was - I developed a figure early, wore makeup and did my hair quite early, and other than that I guess I didn't much look like or act like teenagers or early twenties (at age thirteen, my mom's friend asked me what college I was attending).

At twenty-five, I think I've finally reached an age where I tell people how old I am and they are not surprised.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

People tend to think I'm like 24 or 25 when I'm really in my early 30s. I've no issue w/ this.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have actually been able to buy alcohol at a supermarket without being ID'd.

It's strange. I'm 25, and when I'm clean-shaven and I've got a neat haircut, people say I look about 18, yet I have never been ID'ed when I've been clean shaven. When I've grown my hair out and I've got a mean beard going on, people say I look older than I am yet I ALWAYS get ID'ed.

I don't understand it.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci View Post
    It's strange. I'm 25, and when I'm clean-shaven and I've got a neat haircut, people say I look about 18, yet I have never been ID'ed when I've been clean shaven. When I've grown my hair out and I've got a mean beard going on, people say I look older than I am yet I ALWAYS get ID'ed.

I don't understand it.
    They probably think you're an 18 y.o. trying to look older w/ a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perducci View Post

I don't understand it.
    They probably think you're an 18 y.o. trying to look older w/ a beard.
    I'd understand if I only had a little bit of stubble or something, but a lot of the time I have a full on, old enough to drink kind of beard. I'm in the UK so legal drinking age is 18, and I am sure that I definately look older than 18 when I'm in mountain man mode.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think I look around my age but people think I'm older because of how I carry myself. I've had people thinking I'm about 24/25.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I look younger than I am, especially clean shaven. Everyone in this family looks younger than what they are. It's a gift when you reach a certain point, truly.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had a full beard by 8th grade, and people have always thought I looked older than I am. I was always asked about what college I went to in high school (though, I did have some university t-shirts thanks to an uncle who teaches at one).

Now that I've graduated college, I think I look about the same age that I am. I don't really know though since I only really interact with people I've known for years.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

I'm only 20 but I apparently look older than that because bottle shop cashiers are supposed to check your age if you look under 25 and I've never been carded if I've gone into a bottle shop one alone; I've only ever been asked for ID if I've gone in with my baby-faced friends.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I find this "Card if you look under 25" thing fascinating - having worked in retail for over a decade, I can confirm that in the States you're gonna be carded if you look even remotely under 50.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Our legal age to drink is a bit younger though, so it's a little easier to tell I suppose? It's rare for somebody over 25 to look like they could be under 18. Still, I think it makes sense to card bascially everyone because there are enough people who could probably pass as over 25 when they're not even close. I'm sick of being abused in my retail position when I ask people for ID when they're trying to buy cigarettes - it would be nice if ID checks were more common so people stopped chucking a fit every time I try to do my job.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't have a problem with everyone having their ID checked at every instance of buying something that requires a certain age to be reached. Change the wording to "must have valid proof of age to purchase", and stop all those tosspots who stand in line going "AHV GOT A FOOKIN BEE-URD MAYT".