Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Hi! I'm Thomas.

  1. #1

    Default Hi! I'm Thomas.

    Well, I'm not exactly new here. I posted probably about 6 times about 20 years ago. I'll just lay it out upfront. I'm not exactly sure if I'm allowed to be here. I wasn't banned (I checked) and wasn't exactly told what I did wrong, but I also wasn't allowed to post or send any messages to anyone or anything for the last decade on my previous account.

    However, if I'm allowed to be here, that would be awesome. If I find myself banned in the morning, I just want to say that it's been awesome watching how much this forum has grown in the last 2 decades and I'll keep watching from the sidelines every so often, looking through to see what's been happening.

    Look forward to messaging people in the future or signing back up as an old man with Alzheimer's, forgetting that I got banned.

  2. #2

  3. #3
     Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yer pants
    Posts
    26,191
    Articles
    276
    Blog Entries
    34

    FFXIV Character

    Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Welcome! Not sure about the banned twenty years ago thing but welcome lol

  4. #4
    Nameleon. You've got to be in it to Quin it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    These mountains are made of rainbows.
    Posts
    20,136
    Blog Entries
    3
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Hello Thomas, I'm Quin.

    EoFF Staff bear a mighty grudge, and you've painted a target on your back. They will hunt you down, find your old account, and report your ISP to the FBI. You've got at best three weeks before they find you, so get spamming.

  5. #5
    GO! use leech seed! qwertysaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    11,625
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Alternatively you can give Quina frogs

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You've got to be in it to Quin it View Post
    Hello Thomas, I'm Quin.

    EoFF Staff bear a mighty grudge, and you've painted a target on your back. They will hunt you down, find your old account, and report your ISP to the FBI. You've got at best three weeks before they find you, so get spamming.
    Well, the post said that I had three weeks of freedom before the morning would morn my freedom. Yet, it's been many years since and I'm still a free man. I'm hoping that means a conversation can be started. I've made peace with God.

    Since I was last on, I got my mathematics degree after many failures over the years, lost my friends groups in 2008 over a woman I asked out in math club, lost my chances of grad school after being shamed, shunned, and exiled in mathematics, I almost died from COVID 19, and I've been existing as a substitute teacher for years while being a youth leader. Watching EOFF over the years has been a happy thing for me knowing a community I knew was still thriving.

    I don't even remember what I did anymore. If you want me to leave and never look back, I'll leave. If I can apologize for whatever grievous crime I did back in the early to mid 2000's, I'll give an apology. I'm not here to start drama nor fight anyone. I come in peace.

    Hey, Quinn. I don't expect second chances and if what you have on me will get me arrested, I'll probably loose my freedom by the end of the year. I am whole heartedly apologetic for whatever stupid, young 20 something year old Thomas did back then to you and your kin. If you want to talk, we can message back and forth or if you'd rather talk on the phone, I'll give you my phone number so we can talk. It's actually kinda nice and comforting to hear from someone I kinda remember from back in the day, even if it is a reminder that I don't really belong here.

    I am sorry that this reply is so long. However, I propose that you give me a few weeks. Ten to twenty years has a habit of tempering a brash and foolish man into a wiser, mature man. Maybe things can be mended. If not, can we shake hands and leave with best wishes and peace?

  7. #7
    Nameleon. You've got to be in it to Quin it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    These mountains are made of rainbows.
    Posts
    20,136
    Blog Entries
    3
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    No peace, no mercy, no quarter.

    Let's burn this forum down.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You've got to be in it to Quin it View Post
    No peace, no mercy, no quarter.

    Let's burn this forum down.
    I'm so sorry. I don't follow. I left in hopes that my removal for over a decade would benefit the forum. Maybe I'm to dense or too drunk right now from all the whiskey and akavit that I've drank, but I think you love this forum too much to burn the whole forum down. Thus, calling for the burning down of the forum on my account while being here for over a decade falls under a contradiction. Is there a safe word for a serious conversation? Maybe Foxtrot?

  9. #9
    Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the land of Scots
    Posts
    21,340
    Articles
    55
    Blog Entries
    1

    FFXIV Character

    Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

    Default

    What was your previous account?

  10. #10
    Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    41,412
    Articles
    6
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Welcome to EoFF. *enforces*

    Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

  11. #11
    GO! use leech seed! qwertysaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    11,625
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker Thomas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by You've got to be in it to Quin it View Post
    Hello Thomas, I'm Quin.

    EoFF Staff bear a mighty grudge, and you've painted a target on your back. They will hunt you down, find your old account, and report your ISP to the FBI. You've got at best three weeks before they find you, so get spamming.
    Well, the post said that I had three weeks of freedom before the morning would morn my freedom. Yet, it's been many years since and I'm still a free man. I'm hoping that means a conversation can be started. I've made peace with God.

    Since I was last on, I got my mathematics degree after many failures over the years, lost my friends groups in 2008 over a woman I asked out in math club, lost my chances of grad school after being shamed, shunned, and exiled in mathematics, I almost died from COVID 19, and I've been existing as a substitute teacher for years while being a youth leader. Watching EOFF over the years has been a happy thing for me knowing a community I knew was still thriving.

    I don't even remember what I did anymore. If you want me to leave and never look back, I'll leave. If I can apologize for whatever grievous crime I did back in the early to mid 2000's, I'll give an apology. I'm not here to start drama nor fight anyone. I come in peace.

    Hey, Quinn. I don't expect second chances and if what you have on me will get me arrested, I'll probably loose my freedom by the end of the year. I am whole heartedly apologetic for whatever stupid, young 20 something year old Thomas did back then to you and your kin. If you want to talk, we can message back and forth or if you'd rather talk on the phone, I'll give you my phone number so we can talk. It's actually kinda nice and comforting to hear from someone I kinda remember from back in the day, even if it is a reminder that I don't really belong here.

    I am sorry that this reply is so long. However, I propose that you give me a few weeks. Ten to twenty years has a habit of tempering a brash and foolish man into a wiser, mature man. Maybe things can be mended. If not, can we shake hands and leave with best wishes and peace?
    MWAHAHAHA another math nerd! We can talk on how beautiful D'Alembert's solution to the wave equation is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •