Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you dometimes dislike people for no certain reason?

Banned

Default Why do you dometimes dislike people for no certain reason?

We all have experienced it: you meet this new acquaintance, and for some weird reason you realize you really don't like the person.
    You got no real reasons to dislike him/her either, you just do.
    I experience this right now: my little brother got this new girlfriend, and she's visiting every now and then, e.g. right now.
    Every time she's visiting, I feel very annoyed, and I always wish that she could just get outta here; I honestly can't stand her.
    Her mere presence annoys me, and the whole thing is pretty funny.
    I mean, she's even hot, and since I don't know her personality too much, her hotness should give her some kind of boost towards me, but it doesn't - I still dislike her.
    I think it's got to do with her incredibly silent attitude, she never says anything and never surprises me with changing that behaviour.
    Anyway, that reason is not certain, it's just a wild guess of mine.
    Besides, I usually don't mind silent people, as I'm pretty silent myself by nature.
    I don't know why I dislike her so much, I just do.

I find this very weird, and very interesting.
    Why the heck would you feel annoyed by people, if you got no clear reason?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

YOU DUN NEED A REASON TO HATE.

~ Christmas, Member 15004 of Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    YOU DUN NEED A REASON TO HATE.

~ Christmas, Member 15004 of Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums.
    This post tickles my fancy. :oscar:

And I don't like many people that I meet, and the people that I like at first and I become friends, I usually end up disliking sooner or later. That's just how I am. xD I'm very picky when it comes to close friends, but when I do find a close friend, it's very nice.

Blog Entries

I only hate people for reasons I can understand. I normally hate people for being stupid. Ironically, I've only heard them say something incorrect once, and I channelled my hatred towards them so much, that things I normally agree with, I now DISagree with! Then, when they found out how wrong they were that one time, I disagreed with THAT too!

In conclusion, I'm stupid. I hate myself for reasons I no longer can understand. I hate it when that happens. =)

sometimes because they remind you of some tosser you lready know, or they have certain features that you usually associate with people you dont like. i dont like many "jocks" because having played rugby myself and being at best average, i constantly was teased and annoyed for only making the 3rds.

so if someone comes up and introduces themselves with a smug smirk and looks like a jock, then ill probably dislike him, at least until i get to know him that is.

Stupid assumption, but its what i do.

With thanks to Owen Macwere

check out- http://z10.invisionfree.com/FFCSG/index.php?act=idx

Its only starting up, which means its not world class- but hey whats the harm in having a look. (or registering!) The only way its gonna get better is if more people join up.

Its got FF, art, writings, riddles, general chat and GFX battles. And each of these topics we are hoping to develop to its fullest.

Its not a catchy address either (free to run) so just save the link into your favourites for easy access

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's possible to just not like the look of someone or just from what your initial impression was. You can't always put it down to a specific reason just a certain feeling of dislike towards them. Either that or someone could just be having a bad day when they met someone initially and that's what has contributed to the dislike.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I dunno. Maybe it's them, giving off a somewhat bad first impression -- it's very easy to stereotype and categorize, after all Or maybe I'm just in a bad mood and feeling cynical and anti-social. My bad, then.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

I know exactly what you're talking about, Peter_20. I know this kid Josh. He's sorta my friend but I hate his guts! I don't know why either.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I never hate without a reason. Doesn't have to be a good one, but not without a reason.

But I do hate anyone younger than fourteen, because, pre-teenage years are the epitome of annoying.

There's too many of them...

Which FF Character Are You?
    Ok, that's not so not me.:rolleyes2

I'm turning into a hippy as I say this but...I automatically like everyone, even if I haven't met the person. They have to earn my hate.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have an open mind about everyone I meet really. It's everyone else who really hates me for no real reason. What fun. B)

I believe first impressions and jealousy plays into factor with disliking someone you hardly know
    "Have Happy Days"

Sometimes it may be something they say that I 100% dont agree with. Sounds petty I know. That or they just give off a feeling I dislike.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

because they try to touch my special place when I don't want them too.