PDA

View Full Version : MLP:FiM Megathread: Does anyone even watch this show anymore edition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Madame Adequate
05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Hello EoFF!

Do you like cute things?
Do you like friendship?
Do you like consistent characterization with conflicting and sometimes even hypocritical motivations who interact in believable and evolving ways?
Do you like musical numbers of unparalleled quality (Well, except that one song of Pinkie Pie's that starts a war...)
Do you like great animation?
Do you like cleverly paced and witty humor?
Do you like fun things?
Do you wish your life was about 20% cooler?
Do you like fabulousity?

If you answered YES to any of these questions, then do I have the show for you! MLP:FiM is the reboot of the old My Little Pony show under the guidance of Lauren Faust (She of Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends fame), and as you've likely seen in your travels around the Internet, a lot of people who distinctly aren't preadolescent girls are big fans. And for good reason!

DE MAJIKS! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeJ6-gN0eB4)

The first two eps have a Magical Girl vibe, which decreases thereafter because Hasbro wanted the show to be watchable in any order and stuff. But nevertheless they do their best to maintain important continuity; I can't think of any OTHER kid's shows where several episodes throughout the season have a direct influence on the finale.

Also, foremost fan site here: Equestria Daily (http://www.equestriadaily.com/)

Peegee
05-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Am I the only person who is confused and fearful of this new development?

Bunny
05-25-2011, 09:57 PM
I can say with absolutely certainty that I have no interest in this new fad at all.

Madame Adequate
05-25-2011, 09:57 PM
No at first I was a total skeptic and loved annoying bronies. Then I was bored one day and figured "Eh, I'll watch an episode so I'm better informed in my trolling". And this backfired supremely because I fell in love with the show.

Freya
05-25-2011, 10:22 PM
OH MAN! I love this show! Bout time someone made a thread Pinkie pie ftw! Spike oooooh yah! *has an obsession since she was little with all things my little ponies*

Peegee
05-25-2011, 10:23 PM
No at first I was a total skeptic and loved annoying bronies. Then I was bored one day and figured "Eh, I'll watch an episode so I'm better informed in my trolling". And this backfired supremely because I fell in love with the show.

Sometimes I wonder if you really are as S&Mistic as you let on.

Laddy
05-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Awesome! <3

Shlup
05-26-2011, 12:06 AM
If I watch this show, I will become obsessed with it. It's just a fact. So I'm not watching it out of concern for my health.

Madame Adequate
05-26-2011, 12:25 AM

Sometimes I wonder if you really are as S&Mistic as you let on.

What in god's name does this have to do with ANYTHING you deranged man?

Also >implying yandere Fluttershy wasn't very attractive

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Am I the only person who is confused and fearful of this new development?

Nope.

Pike
05-26-2011, 02:40 AM
This show is amazing and I dare anyone to watch the first three or four episodes with an open mind and not fall madly in love with it.

I dare you.

I dare you.

(also, hi everyone who I haven't talked to in about four years!)

Jiro
05-26-2011, 03:04 AM
On the off chance that I do become obsessed, I can't watch it. I don't have the time man!

Skyblade
05-26-2011, 03:26 AM
Yeah, some of the mashups done with this show are insane.
Dr. Horrible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNWi5T7khoo)
The Dark Knight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfu_Zn5zkX4)

The really scary thing is that you can see Pinkie Pie as the Joker without too much difficulty. She is what makes the show for me. I don't follow it, but my sister does, and I get her to show me episodes heavily featuring the psychotic pink prankster.

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2011, 06:04 AM

Stupid ImageShack not allowing GIFs. :nonono:

Laddy
05-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Okay, so I felt my manhood was challenged, but GOOD GOD THAT WAS THE BEST 22 MINUTES OF MY LIFE

theundeadhero
05-26-2011, 08:59 AM
I can't think of any OTHER kid's shows where several episodes throughout the season have a direct influence on the finale.Avatar: The Last Airbender, but that was pretty much the greatest cartoon since the 80s.

G13
05-26-2011, 12:38 PM
^ Yes.

I watched it and I am disgusted... mostly with myself for not hating it. When does Apocalypse Pony get introduced?

DMKA
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
I've never seen the show, only the creepy adult fan obsession surrounding it on the internet.

My sister liked My Little Pony back in the day. I can't say it ever did anything for me.

Pike
05-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Okay, so I felt my manhood was challenged, but GOOD GOD THAT WAS THE BEST 22 MINUTES OF MY LIFE

SEE, I TOLD YOU BRO! It only gets better. :3

My sister liked My Little Pony back in the day. I can't say it ever did anything for me.

I watched it back in the day as well. As such, I can safely say that the current version shares absolutely no similarities to the old version, other than the existence of candy-colored ponies and a baby dragon named Spike. Really, that's it. All of the characters, character design, animation, plotlines, music, sense of humor etc. has been redone. It's glorious~

Freya
05-27-2011, 05:01 AM
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/pixelygirl/desktop%20ponies/hoverupdown_rainbow_right.gifI thought this was funny, YouTube - &#x202a;My Little Pony Physics Presentation&#x202c;&rlm; (http://youtu.be/muVfidujxRg)http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/pixelygirl/desktop%20ponies/fly_rainbow_left.gif

theundeadhero
05-27-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't know if it has anything to do with this new show but two of our army trucks have My Little Ponys super-glued to their hoods. It's pretty awesome seeing them in the shadow of a machine gun.

Madame Adequate
05-27-2011, 07:26 PM
That's pretty boss. Gonna love and tolerate the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of Gaddafi.

Also: Equestria Girls (http://equestriagirls.com/e/)

Laddy
05-28-2011, 06:30 AM
I smell an avatar set! Which pony can I have as mine? :o Oooh! Oooh!

Madame Adequate
05-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Snips. Rye will be Snails. Everyone else gets whoever they get to first.

Rye
05-28-2011, 06:44 PM
>;o

Laddy
05-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Oooh, which am I most like? :o

Clo
05-29-2011, 02:17 AM
I am really sick of these ponies all over my beloved 4chan.

Pike
05-29-2011, 05:48 AM

*whistles innocently and hides her Pony Reaction Images folder*

NorthernChaosGod
05-29-2011, 09:33 AM

I knew I had good reason to love you.

Clo
05-29-2011, 04:40 PM

I like to think I have other redeeming features besides my hatred for ponies.

NorthernChaosGod
05-29-2011, 09:15 PM

I like to think I have other redeeming features besides my hatred for ponies.
You do, but this just reaffirms the feeling.

Shaibana
05-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Im can somewhere vaguely deep im my memorie remember small parts of a My Little Pony film that i really liked when i was young xD

BG-57
05-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Preaching the choir. Been a brony for months now, found out about it through TV Tropes. People might laugh and scoff, but good writing and compelling stories speak to everyone. There's a world of difference between a family show and a kid's show. It's simply the best animated series I've seen since Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I found it neatly addresses the Nostalgia Chick's major issues with the G1 movie: lack of conflict and character development. Incidently, her review is worth watching just to see her friend Nella create an epic melodrama using the G1 toys.

I'm still waiting for Princess Luna and Derpy Hooves to get their own episodes.

Madame Adequate
05-31-2011, 09:24 PM
TVTropes explains one of the reasons the show is so great:

Rounded Character: A large part of the reason for the huge Periphery Demographic. Characters have multiple conflicting motivations (for example, Rainbow Dash's desire for recognition vs. her sense of loyalty), and often bounce off of one another in different ways from episode to episode (e.g., Applejack acts as a restraining force against Rainbow Dash's hotheadedness, but comes off as the Action Girl when Rarity hesitates to get her hooves dirty.)

Also: I get so amused when people get buttmad about pony images on 4chan and I go out of my way to use pony reactions even when another might work better.

Laddy
05-31-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm probably gonna have a MLP-themed Mafia game soon.

Skyblade
06-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Went to the movies the other day to see Thor, and amused myself by imagining the various movie posters with the characters replaced by the ponies. You can put Pinkie Pie anywhere and she will work, she's just that insane.

Shlup
06-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I want a cutie mark on my butt.

NorthernChaosGod
06-07-2011, 01:40 AM
I'll do it.

BG-57
06-07-2011, 01:43 AM
I want a cutie mark on my butt.

Of what?

Shlup
06-07-2011, 01:55 AM
Hmm... That's a good question.

BG-57
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a job for the Cutie Mark Crusaders!

Although seriously, if Apple Blossom wants to figure out what her cutie mark is going to be, she should just take a look at her name.

Pike
06-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Sounds like a job for the Cutie Mark Crusaders!

Although seriously, if Apple Blossom wants to figure out what her cutie mark is going to be, she should just take a look at her name.

I always sort of figured that Apple Bloom's quest for her cutie mark was somewhat in vain because we all know it's going to be an apple of some sort.

(Apple Bloom's trollface when it ends up being an orange or a banana or something)

Madame Adequate
06-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah I always thought it was weird how they get their names before their cutie marks but they fit so well.

Also who the heck calls their filly "Silver Spoon"? Maybe you change your name when you get your cutie mark if it doesn't fit?

Shlup
06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
I thought Silver Spoon was way cute and I have a thing for spoons, but they had to go and make her a jerk.

Fluttershy with the deep voice has been my favorite thing so far. I just finished Sonic Rainboom.

Roogle
06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Thank you for posting the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am glad that people behind the scenes that work on this show try to make it appeal to different demographics. Those are the best types of television shows, in my opinion!

TrollHunter
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM
YouTube - &#x202a;Renard - GOT MY PONY SPAM FOR YOU&#x202c;&rlm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRP1DUdU3d0)
bear with me here, you may just find it enjoyable. ;)

BG-57
06-07-2011, 09:24 PM
It seems to be a case of Naming is Destiny.

Reminds me of a book I read that included a section on unorthodox names. My favorite is a pair of brothers named Winner and Loser. Winner went on to become a career criminal and Loser became a cop.

Madame Adequate
06-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I thought Silver Spoon was way cute and I have a thing for spoons, but they had to go and make her a jerk.

Fluttershy with the deep voice has been my favorite thing so far. I just finished Sonic Rainboom.

Ah don't wanna talk about it.

You're watching it eeeeee! n_n

Also, I'd be a jerk too if my special, universe-mandated talent was being a spoiled brat.

Shlup
06-07-2011, 10:25 PM
These ponies are hella racist.

First it was the zebra, and they were all "OMP she looks different she must be an evil sorceress!"

Then the dogs called Rarity a mule and she's all "OMG mules are sooo ugly!"

Now they're all like "Ahaha, buffalo, fuck you guys and your stupid ancient stomping grounds."

Fucking ponies. xD

Laddy
06-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, that's the message.

Zecora's pretty sweet. As is Derpy Hooves. I actually adore all the seven main characters thoroughly, a very interesting feat indeed.

Oh, and NOOOOOOOOO! is my favorite episode ever.

Pike
06-08-2011, 02:41 AM
Now they're all like "Ahaha, buffalo, fuck you guys and your stupid ancient stomping grounds."

That whole episode was just silly. xD "Remember kids, you can totally invade people so long as you appease them with PIES!"

Madame Adequate
06-08-2011, 06:47 PM
YouTube - &#x202a;Twilight Sparkle has some very important advice for Rainbow Dash&#x202c;&rlm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPOFfnOT2H8&feature=feedlik)

Skyblade
06-13-2011, 03:49 AM
I have heard that the writer is no longer going to be with the show as they go into Season 2. If this is true, I shudder to think what might become of this show.

Anyone who has even heard of the original My Little Pony show knows just how bad this could turn.

Laddy
06-13-2011, 05:42 AM
She is, she's just not the Executive Producer anymore. Chillax.

Madame Adequate
06-13-2011, 05:59 AM
Yeah, Faust is still going to be involved. And I have a hard time believing that a show so great rests wholly and solely on her anyway.

Pike
06-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Anyone who has even heard of the original My Little Pony show knows just how bad this could turn.

Honestly I don't quite get the revulsion towards the original show. I mean, it was clearly a giant commercial, yes, and it was pretty cheesy, yes, and Friendship is Magic is an enormous improvement, yes, but the original show certainly had its moments. I enjoyed it when I was a kid-- it wasn't my favorite thing ever, but I enjoyed it-- and I still remember some of the quotes and songs from the original My Little Pony movie, which was surprisingly memorable. Also, that show taught me what the word "dank" meant. Because these witches were looking for something "dank and dark and dreary", and I was really impressed with that first word there. xD

BG-57
06-13-2011, 03:22 PM
I think it's more a matter of in light of what Friendship does, it had potential that was largely wasted.

I watched the movie out of curiousity after seeing the Nostalgia Chick's review, and it was interesting, but showed very little character development, aside from the witches, who the movie had to introduce rather than assume the viewers knew who the other characters were already.

Pike
06-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I think it's more a matter of in light of what Friendship does, it had potential that was largely wasted.

I watched the movie out of curiousity after seeing the Nostalgia Chick's review, and it was interesting, but showed very little character development, aside from the witches, who the movie had to introduce rather than assume the viewers knew who the other characters were already.

Well, I haven't seen the movie in about twenty years, so I wouldn't be surprised if my opinion of it was different now :o It was enjoyable enough for me back then, though! Also, Danny DeVito was in it. Randomly.

The Care Bears "Generation II" movie was better, though. And also absolutely terrifying. But that's a different topic.

Shlup
06-14-2011, 05:25 AM
GET BUSY, BITCHES. (http://fav.me/d3h5xck)

I'M A PONY!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/ShlupQuack/ponytime.png

Madame Adequate
06-14-2011, 06:04 AM
http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/Automilf/fabulouspony.jpg

I'M A MORE FABULOUS PONY

NorthernChaosGod
06-14-2011, 06:05 AM
/smug

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1200/smurfinghorse.jpg

Pike
06-14-2011, 06:09 AM
This is the one I made a while back :o

Although I prefer the design for the one I drew myself; she has goggles and mechanical wings and cogwheels for a cutie mark~

Freya
06-14-2011, 07:25 AM
OH FUN!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/kcpony.png

Shlup
06-14-2011, 08:26 PM
You have no eye for color at all, MILF.

The rest are cute though!

Madame Adequate
06-14-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry, you're going to insult me for being born this way, but say nothing about Julian's peerlessly garish background?

I know, I'm really terrible at coloring my ponies, this was like the fourth one I've made with that and this is the LEAST clashing

NorthernChaosGod
06-14-2011, 08:50 PM
There is nothing wrong with red, black and white.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lln9lsIGYY1qep78ko1_500.gif

Freya
06-14-2011, 08:57 PM
And pink eyes. What I get from NCGs pony is that while he wants to appear masculine with the traditional red, black and white. With the extra pink peeking through shows his softer side. As in the rest of it is all a facade he puts on for his truly favorite color, pink. So he acts manly but really he's just a pink softy at heart. Good Job NCG!

NorthernChaosGod
06-14-2011, 08:58 PM
That too.

Skyblade
06-15-2011, 06:06 AM

There we go, Monocle Pony. I had to put in the wings to distract from the lack of a cutie mark.

BG-57
06-16-2011, 02:39 AM

Shlup
06-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Your pony is cute tho, MILFy, and the colors are cute. It's just the shoes that don't match, but don't worry, you're still a pretty pretty pony princess.

TrollHunter
06-16-2011, 06:36 AM
So I was forced to watch the first two episodes of this show... it was wonderful

Shaibana
06-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Hello EoFF!

Do you like cute things?
Do you like friendship?
Do you like consistent characterization with conflicting and sometimes even hypocritical motivations who interact in believable and evolving ways?
Do you like musical numbers of unparalleled quality (Well, except that one song of Pinkie Pie's that starts a war...)
Do you like fun things?
Do you like fabulousity?

almost sounds like Pokemon

Shlup
06-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Half of those are exactly everything that is opposite of Pokemon.

Laddy
06-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Literally none of those apply to Pokemon. For reelz.

Shlup
06-17-2011, 01:49 AM
I would say "Do you like friendship?" applies to Pokemon pretty well.

TrollHunter
06-17-2011, 07:42 AM
I would say "Do you like friendship?" applies to Pokemon pretty well.

The show

So what's everyones favorite pony?
I myself say rainbow dash is the shyz

NorthernChaosGod
06-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Literally none of those apply to Pokemon. For reelz.

Clearly you had a :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty childhood then.

Pike
06-17-2011, 04:19 PM
So what's everyones favorite pony?
I myself say rainbow dash is the shyz

There is One Best Pony and that Best Pony is Photo Finish.

Too bad she was only in the one episode.

Madame Adequate
06-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Lyra. I can't get over how she sits.

Shlup
06-17-2011, 09:29 PM
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/Webax/pastedpic_02272011_023440.png

Lawl

I like them all, but I'm gonna have to go with Fluttershy. The joke-flower-thing episode pulled her ahead a little.

Kossage
06-18-2011, 04:54 PM
This show is a positive surprise, and it's nice how it resonates with the audience. The self-aware humour, likable and distinct personalities, slick animation, good voice acting and nice songs and storylines all form a coherent and enjoyable whole. My favourite of the main cast is Applejack; gotta love that hard-working gal. And speaking of songs, "Winter Wrap-Up" is incredibly catchy. :)

Rye
06-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I'M A PONY

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/jessipony.jpg

aquatius
06-18-2011, 07:01 PM
I watched the first two episodes the other day after much coaxing from friends. I don't know what it is exactly, but it's amazing *_*

BG-57
06-19-2011, 12:48 AM
I think the whole point of the show is that everyone can relate to at least one of the main ponies' personalities and interests. Possibly several.

My own personal favorite is Twillight Sparkle. She's bookish and knowledgeable, quick to apply reason over snap judgements. Yet at the same time she's socially akward and overly organized.

Laddy
06-19-2011, 07:10 AM
I like them all, but I adore Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and ALL OF THEM xD

Topaz Flare
06-19-2011, 08:15 AM
I absolutely love the artwork of this cartoon, and its very funny. I cant tell you how much I loved the original series when I was small (not to mention the plastic ponies I collected over the years D:)

BG-57
06-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I listen to an NPR show called Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me, which is a quiz show about humorous news stories. One of the segments is called 'bluff the listener', where the panelists tell three outrageous stories, only one of which is true, and the caller has to guess which one.

This week's the stories involved things that expanded beyond their intended demographic:

1) Prisoners using pacifiers to help quit smoking.

2) Senior citizens getting gold plated tooth caps.

3) Male fans of My Little Pony.

:D

Mercen-X
06-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I thought the Eddie Murphy version of Richard Simmons was the only man who wanted to be a pony.

TrollHunter
06-21-2011, 03:27 AM
So my older brothers a brony... how do I deal with this issue?

Pike
06-21-2011, 03:46 AM
By getting him to participate in one of these group songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjpnRdIl9Mw).

Madame Adequate
06-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Don't forget, today is the Summer Sun Celeberation! Let us all give our thanks to our wonderful Princess Celestia for raising the sun without fail every day.

Skyblade
06-22-2011, 07:49 AM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgkq62zJhu1qzhh11o1_500.jpg

This is the single most awesome thing I have ever seen. I need to buy this artist sketch card. It is just... Deadpool and Pinkie Pie. Deadpool brushing Pinkie Pie's mane. I can't... It's just awesome.

Pike
06-22-2011, 04:08 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/1308719215077.jpg

Laddy
06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
What the smurf? xD

Shaibana
06-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Space ponies?

Pike
06-26-2011, 06:41 PM
A few weeks ago I had a dream that the ponies were colonizing Mars but then Rainbow Dash was killed by mindworms.

100% true story.

Shlup
06-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Warning: Excessive inappropriate language. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfZTr8zMsc)

TrollHunter
06-27-2011, 10:08 PM
I fail to see any inappropriate language in that video.
YouTube - &#x202a;Lord of the Ponies&#x202c;&rlm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coExS8nrsGY)

Shlup
06-27-2011, 10:13 PM
I can't decide if I should be embarrassed or not that I laughed so hard I teared-up. Rainbow Dash: "And my axe!" ahahahahaha

TrollHunter
06-27-2011, 10:17 PM
One of my friends showed me that video yesterday, I about cried.

black orb
06-28-2011, 01:39 AM
Do you like cute things?
Do you like friendship?
Do you like fun things?
Do you like fabulousity?
>>> No.. :luca:

Laddy
06-28-2011, 04:07 AM
Well, you should!

Shlup
06-30-2011, 04:11 AM
THIS THREAD MUST NOT DIE.

[artist (http://youkaiyume.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Sailor-Senshi-213953293?q=boost%3Apopular%20meta%3Aall%20max_age%3A744h&qo=297)]

Laddy
06-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Dude, I reblogged that on tumblr the other day! <3 I like seeing humanized versions of the characters. The characters are already more human than 90% of most characters in general, but it's cool to see them, like what they'd wear etc.

I've always envisioned Rainbow Dash as a black chick for some reason. IDK why.

BG-57
07-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Them as Sailor Scouts is pretty appropriate, as the two part pilot has a Sailor Moon vibe to it. The series would have been interesting had it been a continual story arc.

TrollHunter
07-01-2011, 07:17 AM
THIS THREAD MUST NOT DIE.

[artist (http://youkaiyume.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Sailor-Senshi-213953293?q=boost%3Apopular%20meta%3Aall%20max_age%3A744h&qo=297)]
:stare: no

http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/images_neoclassic/misc/pencil.png

Skyblade
07-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Them as Sailor Scouts is pretty appropriate, as the two part pilot has a Sailor Moon vibe to it. The series would have been interesting had it been a continual story arc.

Unfortunately, Hasbro vetoed the whole "continual story arc" idea. They felt it would be too hard for people to just join in on midway, which might end up hurting their toy sales.

BG-57
07-04-2011, 02:50 AM
I know and more's the pity since some animated series have had great story arcs. Avatar: the Last Airbender springs to mind. Batman:TAS fell somewhere in between. It's not like catching up with old episodes would be hard.

All the same I see their point, but I'm looking at it more from a writer's perspective than one of marketing toys.

Skyblade
07-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Hopefully the extreme success of the show far beyond the target demographic (seriously, there is no chance anyone at Hasbro ever thought this show would dominate 4chan or wind up being discussed lovingly on a Final Fantasy board) will cause Hasbro to give the writers a little more freedom.

Pike
07-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm hoping for some better merchandise to come out of that, as well.

Also, I'll bet you all now, they're talking about a movie. A FiM movie could be produced relatively cheaply and would rake in tens of millions with this fanbase, I've no doubt.

Skyblade
08-11-2011, 05:58 AM
I hope this isn't too dead to revive, because I have to share this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9IQ95iJlk&feature=related) with someone.

And, man, the amount of Portal + My Little Pony stuff out there in general is insane.

Shlup
08-11-2011, 06:34 AM
I forgive you. *dances*

Pike
08-11-2011, 06:42 AM
I recently discovered this shirt (http://www.welovefine.com/product.php?id_product=641) and immediately decided that I have no choice but to acquire it.

theundeadhero
08-11-2011, 04:54 PM
I've never forgotten about this thread and intend to watch the show at my first opportunity :eyebrow:

TrollHunter
08-12-2011, 03:03 AM
1 word,
cupcakes.

Shlup
08-12-2011, 03:52 AM
On Tuesdays I will let you borrow my Iron Throne hoodie if you let me borrow that shirt.

Freya
08-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Know your meme just did an episode about MLP: FiM. (http://knowyourmeme.com/videos/13130-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic) I lol'd I actually started watching this show when it was first airing due to my 4 year old niece. I love that the internet has latched hold of it.

Pike
08-12-2011, 04:12 AM
1 word,
cupcakes.

One word, NOPE

On Tuesdays I will let you borrow my Iron Throne hoodie if you let me borrow that shirt.

I shall let you know straightaway if I ever actually manage to scrounge up enough quarters to afford the shirt!

GhandiOwnsYou
08-20-2011, 06:22 AM
I saw this starting to gain steam and hated the world. Then slowly... So slowly, i became open to it. Then, even intrigued. Now, I'm cruisin the "whats new" on netflix daily praying it shows up. Satiating myself with the you tubes. I am a brony alone.

Isn't it hilarious though how you can literally feel your masculinity slipping away and still smile about it?

CimminyCricket
08-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Do you like starwars? Do you like this show?

Show everyone.

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Relevant:
http://i51.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2u5f5zn.jpg

Shlup
08-25-2011, 08:00 PM
MLP:FiM has the best crossover stuff.

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2011, 09:49 PM
The bronies are everywhere and I see quite a lot of crossover material. I shall have to remember to post more of it when I see it.

Madame Adequate
08-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Just so you know, season 2 starts in about 3 weeks.

Pike
08-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Meanwhile, wrestlers quote (well, paraphrase) Rarity. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKpR9YnNcE)

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Meanwhile, wrestlers quote (well, paraphrase) Rarity. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKpR9YnNcE)
I can't tell which part was the reference.

Pike
08-30-2011, 04:45 PM

Do you want to hear whining? Thiiiis is whiiiiining! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPPqdbcVwM)

Yeah, it's probably a coincidence, I still laughed though

Rebellious Eagle
08-31-2011, 12:17 AM
MLP just scares me and I have no idea why the only people who are obsessed with it are over the age of 10.

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2011, 01:44 AM

Do you want to hear whining? Thiiiis is whiiiiining! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPPqdbcVwM)

Yeah, it's probably a coincidence, I still laughed though
Okay, now even I think it's a reference.

NeoCracker
08-31-2011, 05:30 AM
Fuck you Pike, FUCK YOU!

Beacause after watching that clip I'm now downloading the entire first season and I feel very unmanly. ;_;

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2011, 05:35 AM
And another one bites the dust.

NeoCracker
08-31-2011, 05:40 AM
In my defense, I still like Sailor Moon, I was lost long before this show even came out.

Pike
08-31-2011, 06:15 AM
Fuck you Pike, FUCK YOU!

Beacause after watching that clip I'm now downloading the entire first season and I feel very unmanly. ;_;

:D

TrollHunter
08-31-2011, 09:45 PM
smurf you Pike, smurf YOU!

Welcome to the herd.

Værn
09-03-2011, 10:30 PM
smurf you Pike, smurf YOU!

This ^_^

Pike
09-03-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm glad to have caused the conversion of so many new ponyfriends.

Værn
09-04-2011, 09:40 AM
I can't remember if someone posted this here or on another forum, but I skimmed this thread again and can't find the link so I'll just go ahead and post it.
The Elder Scrolls VI: Equestria - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egrlzkKa6O8)

NeoCracker
09-05-2011, 05:58 PM
No cartoon about magical ponies and friendship has the right to be this entertaining. O_O

Agent Proto
09-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I know, right. I'm actually enjoying this show, so go ahead and call me a converted brony.

sir helix
09-07-2011, 02:45 PM
i have a tv that expands my entire wall...and here i am watching scott pilgrim and my gf changes the chanel over to MLP, shes 19.

Pike
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
i have a tv that expands my entire wall...and here i am watching scott pilgrim and my gf changes the chanel over to MLP, shes 19.

She's small-time; I'm 27.

NeoCracker
09-07-2011, 09:28 PM
19 episodes in, and the episode of Rarity searching for Gems is the best episode yet. :love:

TrollHunter
09-07-2011, 10:03 PM

Well both are pretty kickass but I prefer pilgrim though so I'd be upset.

EDIT: 777th post.

Laddy
09-07-2011, 11:16 PM
19 episodes in, and the episode of Rarity searching for Gems is the best episode yet. :love:That's not whining.

Thiiiiis is whiiiiniiiiing.

TrollHunter
09-07-2011, 11:22 PM
10 days left till the second season

sir helix
09-09-2011, 03:16 PM
..........iv lost faith in mankind, im joining the penguins aka prennys at least they make nice friends

TrollHunter
09-09-2011, 10:40 PM
prennys?
Don't you mean.... DA PRINNY
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/928/928188/prinny-can-i-really-be-the-hero-20081107051026866_640w.jpg

Carl the Llama
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
All you men boys that watch this are decidedly unmanly, Manliness points -20!

no way on earth will I be tempted to give up my masculinity and watch this show >.>:D

Værn
09-11-2011, 03:53 AM
Your perception of manliness is tragically misguided. Watch the show, and by the end you'll feel at least 20% cooler or your money back.

NorthernChaosGod
09-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Lulz.

Cutie marks (http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2598460/Cutie+marks/)

MJN SEIFER
09-13-2011, 04:45 PM
awwww. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eY5OlMPNSE)

TrollHunter
09-13-2011, 11:17 PM
There was an NDK brony meetup in denver last weekend. I was unable to go D=
I also missed out on the kickass rave there.
I am disappoint

Madame Adequate
09-17-2011, 04:33 PM
SEASON 2 IS A GO

EQUESTRIA DAILY HAS LINKS TO DOWNLOADS ETC.

WILL REPORT BACK IN APPROX 1 HR ONCE DOWNLOAD IS COMPLETE AND SHOW IS WATCHED

EDIT: BACK

BEST SHOW IS EVEN BETTER

NeoCracker
09-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I still need to watch the last five episodes of season 1. :(

TrollHunter
09-18-2011, 12:31 AM
GOING TO SEASON PREMIER PARTY (MAYBE) TONIGHT. TONIGHT! WE DINE IN HELL!

Laddy
09-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Great episode. That is all.

Pike
09-18-2011, 04:35 PM
MY BODY WAS NOT READY.

DISCORD CONFIRMED FOR VILLAIN OF THE YEAR, ALL YEARS

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3NfOvVKE2Mk/TnUqzkcEqPI/AAAAAAAAMYA/8MktcDy6Zjs/s1600/d6fa9c0fa6a8b71f6615294aa6fbf989-d49qj3z.png

Kossage
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
I enjoyed watching the newest episode. Although I'm not particularly fond of the villain's look, his voice actor is great (he has just the right, snarky tone that I expected from someone of his caliber), and I enjoy his characterization in the episode. There are some clever gags (both visual and verbal) in the ep with nice bits of foreshadowing, so it'll be interesting to see what'll happen next.

I wonder if Derpy will have a speaking role in this season, and I hope we'll see Luna at some point. :)

Pike
09-18-2011, 09:14 PM
I am in love with Discord. Like, actually in love. He is that great. I think he has beaten out both Photo Finish and Spike for the title of being my favorite character in the show.

Skyblade
09-19-2011, 05:41 AM
How can anyone not have mentioned this.

Q is in My Little Pony.

Forget "Discord". He's Q. A practically omnipotent prankster, voiced by the incredible John deLancie. I mean, I cannot even begin to explain how awesome this is.

Forget 20% cooler. This cannot be measured. It's just brilliant.

Madame Adequate
09-19-2011, 07:05 AM
Yes. Discord is pretty much Gaga tier.

Pike
09-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Want more pony?

Get more pony. Put them ALL OVER YOUR BROWSER. (http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0427417/browser-ponies/ponies.html)

MJN SEIFER
09-21-2011, 07:44 PM
I have to say, I didn't even like it until Friendship is Magic came onto the scene, but now I watch it everyday. (even if it goes "out" I'll still like it.).

Pike
09-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Season 2 Ep1 Part 2 is out-- links to YouTube uploads are available here (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/season-2-episode-2-return-of-harmony.html) (Comments are full of spoilers, so look out if you care about that sort of thing.)

I absolutely loved it; this show is getting better and better.

My favorite highlights from this episode:
* "Hey Twilight, what's all wet and clueless? ...your FACE."
* Spike as Rainbow Dash
* "Ummm I'm just wondering if it's okay if I hold you down against your will for a little bit"
* Giant Star Wars homage at the end
* THE WHOLE THING IN GENERAL

Skyblade
09-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Nooooo! Discord is trapped again! I mean, I wanted them to beat him, sure, but I wanted them to do it in such a way that they could bring him back one or two times a year so he could have them play "games". Now he's gone. :(

Pike
09-25-2011, 04:17 AM
I agree, Skyblade. Discord is my new favorite character. D:

As an aside:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/forums/spikegoround.gif

CimminyCricket
09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Is that what TV looked like before HD?

Pike
09-26-2011, 12:53 AM
No, it looked worse.

Laddy
09-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Am I the only one surprised by this show's ability to emotionally resonate with me?

Pike
09-27-2011, 06:51 AM
No

TrollHunter
09-27-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Raian the Fallen
10-02-2011, 12:00 AM
At first, I thought this show wouldn't really interest me. I didn't think any show with such a ludicrous title could be interesting.

Then I watched an episode.

It's funny, the show seems to be extremely popular among teenage males, rather than little girls.

Pike
10-02-2011, 02:03 AM
At first, I thought this show wouldn't really interest me. I didn't think any show with such a ludicrous title could be interesting.

It's funny, the show seems to be extremely popular among teenage males, rather than little girls.

I think it's because there are multiple ways to appreciate the show so it's easy for everyone to find at least one reason to like it. Whether it's because of the animation, the charm, the cuteness, or heck, because it's Pony Waifus: The Show.

Raian the Fallen
10-02-2011, 05:00 AM
I think it's because there are multiple ways to appreciate the show so it's easy for everyone to find at least one reason to like it. Whether it's because of the animation, the charm, the cuteness, or heck, because it's Pony Waifus: The Show.
Yeah, exactly. Shows like that are really cool.

I can definitely see myself getting into this show.

Shlup
10-03-2011, 07:19 AM
My Little Corgi

http://i.imgur.com/Yu8Bi.png

Pike
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
My Little Corgi

I am not the biggest dog person in the world but I would watch the HECK out of this

P.S.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/225/7/e/my_little_cephalopod_by_alextrebek-d46gn56.png

Arylett Dawnsborough
10-06-2011, 04:08 AM

I figured the exact same thing when I saw the title. A lot of people I knew were going bonkers over it and I was like "Whaaat" (since I really hate girly things) and then I watched several episodes and was hooked instantly. Teaches you the lesson you can't judge a book by its cover, eh?

Anyways, those corgis are /awesome/. I always wanted to find a way to combine dogs and ponies. My wish is now granted.

Laddy
10-06-2011, 12:27 PM
My Little Corgi

kdwjklfjsdkfasdf rfgas

Shlup
10-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah, that one was for you, obviously. Their little faces are so cute!

Arylett Dawnsborough
10-07-2011, 11:58 PM
I have a question for everyone! Two, actually.

If you were a pony, what type of pony do you think you'd be? A unicorn, an earth pony, or a pegasus?

Personally, I think I'd be a unicorn because I'm a bit of an artist and I've always been sort of... you know, out of it. A day dreamer who enjoys the thought of magical worlds. I can see myself magically manipulating a pencil to make a sketch.

To add to that question, here's another one: What is your favourite type of pony?

My favourite type is pegasi because their wings are so pretty and also, well, pegasi have always been cool in mythology and stuff. I also like their ability to walk on clouds and control the weather. Personally, I thought that was a cool idea on the creators' behalf.

Laddy
10-08-2011, 12:26 AM
I'd be a pegasi. I love pegasi too!

Pike
10-08-2011, 02:53 AM
My pony version of myself is an Earth pony with mechanical wings. I figure it's appropriate because I'm a dreamer who yearns for the sky and lands beyond my own. And also because I want to be a robot and I want mechanical wings.

Shlup
10-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Sea pony!

Laddy
10-09-2011, 01:58 AM
I took a quiz and I got Rarity.

I love Rarity and all, but seriously? I'm artsy and stuff, but really?

Pike
10-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Sea pony!

SHOO BE DOO, SHOO DOO BE DOO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4TedkQP_hM)

Shlup
10-09-2011, 05:21 AM
There is nothing on Earth more cool than that.

Pike
10-09-2011, 06:38 AM
The best part is that anytime the sea ponies show up, even in the midst of some SUPER DRAMATIC SCENE, they sing their little song.

Madame Adequate
10-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Clearly I would be an ancient and very, very wealthy dragon. But I'd be besties with Rarity because we would appreciate the gemstones together and I would let her have some.

Spike would be mad.

NorthernChaosGod
10-10-2011, 08:18 PM
So are you calling yourself fat?

Pike
10-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Clearly I would be an ancient and very, very wealthy dragon. But I'd be besties with Rarity because we would appreciate the gemstones together and I would let her have some.

Spike would be mad.

Well pft, if I'd known we could pick dragons for our ponysona I'd have picked one as well :mymelbert:

Madame Adequate
10-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Pretty sure that was the best episode in the history of television.

Laddy
10-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Oui.

Pike
10-16-2011, 02:37 PM
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/288/4/c/oh__twilight__you__re_crazy_by_aibotnya-d4cwat4.png

Arylett Dawnsborough
10-17-2011, 09:56 AM
...Dear God, give me a heart attack, why don'tcha. The latest episode was traumatic.

Madame Adequate
10-17-2011, 08:18 PM
HIIIIII GIIIRRRLLLSSSSS!

Pike
10-22-2011, 11:44 PM
New episode, folks!

Pipsqueak is new best pony. Can't top a wee lil' Britfriend.

GhandiOwnsYou
10-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Finally caved, got the season one torrent. Watched it this week with my wife. We literally spent three hours today looking up pony stuff online. Relentlessly addicted.

Pike
10-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Anyone who hasn't heard this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSLvjfrxynA) needs to right now.

NeoCracker
10-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Finally watched the last episode of season one, and OMG. Most of the episode was alright, but Fluttershy yelling out YOU WILL LOVE ME! and Rarity freaking out and smashing the glass slipper so her prince couldn't track her down were both priceless. Need to start Season 2 soon.

Rabbits on the Run
10-30-2011, 08:54 PM
I totally have never seen this thread on this site at all.

I love this show. I need to watch more, I'm like halfway through Season 1, but I hate watching it alone. It feels a little weird to me.

Who wants to start a pony watching party? :jess:

NeoCracker
10-30-2011, 09:05 PM
I would SO be in on that.

Pike
10-31-2011, 06:10 AM
Oh man you guys. Oh man. WHAT IF... we made a #pony chat channel and all sat in there and watched a MLP marathon?

Agent Proto
10-31-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm down for that.

NeoCracker
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
MAKE THIS HAPPEN PIKE!

Pike
10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Okay! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/139029-ponython-planning-thread.html)

Rabbits on the Run
10-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh man you guys. Oh man. WHAT IF... we made a #pony chat channel and all sat in there and watched a MLP marathon?

Yes. :love:

That would be epic.

Pike
11-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Ready to cry, guys? Of course you are! (http://bronyshow.com/?p=574)

NeoCracker
11-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Finally got around to watching the fourth episode of Season 2. Where was Rarity? ;_;

Pike
11-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Finally got around to watching the fourth episode of Season 2. Where was Rarity? ;_;

She was in the original script and got cut from the episode for some unknown reason, according to Lauren Faust. Which is too bad, because her part was great (she was trying to give Luna a makeover.)

NeoCracker
11-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Also, only a couple more days till episode 5! :D

Shlup
11-03-2011, 07:11 PM

I hate you.

Madame Adequate
11-03-2011, 08:25 PM

:cry: Why would you post that it ruins my facade of a harsh and callous exterior

Laddy
11-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh my god that's so sad. DDD:

NeoCracker
11-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Once my nephew wanted nothing more then to drive around in cars and do angry boy stuff.

After one evening, his new dream is to be Rainbow Dash and to do a Sonic Rain boom.

That ought to make this room a bit less depressing. :p

GhandiOwnsYou
11-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Pinkie Pie attempts a time compression - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UXiX_lYXqU&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Bronies on a final fantasy forum? Yeah. I'll leave this here.

MJN SEIFER
11-06-2011, 01:20 AM
So that's who Ultimecia is?! You R=U guys were way off! :p

NeoCracker
11-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Alex S. - Party With Pinkie - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryqaS07WaU&feature=related)
Daft Punk vs My Little Pony - Wrap-Up Time UPDATED WITH DOWNLOAD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q4OQAkrxcI)

Shlup
11-06-2011, 02:31 AM
I am enjoying these things.

NeoCracker
11-06-2011, 02:37 AM
You're welcome. :p

Skyblade
11-06-2011, 05:25 AM

Something to make up for that heartbreaking story someone felt necessary to assail us with.

Pike
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Something to make up for that heartbreaking story someone felt necessary to assail us with.

You know you love me.

NeoCracker
11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
This is another oddly enjoyable one. :p

MLP - Fluttershys 20% cooler version - Fireflies Parody - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxoGmVjAsmE)

Agent Proto
11-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm the SQUEE champ, you know? Bet you can't beat me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1adNgZl_3Q)

GhandiOwnsYou
11-07-2011, 01:53 AM
Apple Spice | The Stallion Your Brony Could Smell Like - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob6uxblqelY&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Cuz apparently this thread is now a PMV zone. Also, Big Macintosh is a pimp.

Pike
11-07-2011, 05:31 AM
I met a Brony at work today. He said his favorite is Fluttershy. Confirmed for bro.

GhandiOwnsYou
11-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Conversion of 2 reported, wifes college friend and her fiance.

Laddy
11-08-2011, 02:02 AM
I converted three of my friends to bronies. I'm 3 strong. All hail to the herd!

Pike
11-08-2011, 02:07 AM
I converted all four of my younger sisters. It was glorious.

Agent Proto
11-08-2011, 03:02 AM
I discovered that one of my brothers is a brony. He said he finds the show funny.

NeoCracker
11-08-2011, 03:05 AM
You know, first I was dissapointed with the Halloween episode because it had no Rarity, even though the episode on a whole was very good.

Now I get an episode with mostly Rarity, but it's kind of lack luster. Still good, but I can't bring myself to care in the slightest about Sweetie Bell, or any of the other kids for that matter. (Alright, the brit kid amused me. :p)

Still a great season 2 so far though. :p

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Should that even count? xD How older are they?

Pike
11-08-2011, 04:14 AM
Should that even count? xD How older are they?

Youngest is 11 (almost 12), oldest is 20.

Skyblade
11-08-2011, 05:17 AM
You know, first I was dissapointed with the Halloween episode because it had no Rarity, even though the episode on a whole was very good.

Now I get an episode with mostly Rarity, but it's kind of lack luster. Still good, but I can't bring myself to care in the slightest about Sweetie Bell, or any of the other kids for that matter. (Alright, the brit kid amused me. :p)

Still a great season 2 so far though. :p

This was definitely the best episode with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, though. They are easily the worst part of the show (even worse than the theme song, which is made infinitely better by this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9IQ95iJlk)). They have almost no personality, and their episodes are always the same. They are episodes of painful futility as they explore things and completely ignore their true talents. They are one-dimensional, throw away characters, which is in contrast to basically every other character in the show. Their storylines are completely redundant and never reach a resolution. The best thing they ever did was to unleash Discord, and if we get another episode focused on those nauseating little ponies, it had better summon Discord back again.

In other news, Friendship is Magic Stops World War II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwqib7e3-o&feature=related).

Madame Adequate
11-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Cutie Mark Crusaders are great, deal with it.

Shlup
11-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm the SQUEE champ, you know? Bet you can't beat me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1adNgZl_3Q)
I watched that for far too long.

NeoCracker
11-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Cutie Mark Crusaders are great, deal with it.

Maybe if you could look past the massive amounts of suck and representativeness and see only their interactions with the other ponies then sure, they're enjoyable.

MJN SEIFER
11-10-2011, 01:06 AM
I actually quite like the CMCs. The main reasons being because the first episode I ever watched was "The Show Stoppers" which of course was all about them. I was directed to a YouTube video by a thread on another forum - one throw away line by the CMCs had minor relevance to the topic. At first, I just glanced at it - I had avoided My Little Pony as a kid for reason you can probably guess, and I feel kind of stupid for that now. But anyway, when I first watched the video, I knew it was My Little Pony, but I actually thought it was a flash cartoon parody of it that someone had created online - I didn't realize it was an actual series. I was surprised that there was a lot of positive feedback from the comments, and decided to watch the full episode, and at found it entertaining, and kept coming back to it. I found out that it was an actual proper TV Series when I noticed that a couple of the comments were basically all variations of "There is a Derpy in the episode"decided to do some Googling on what the hell this "Derpy" thing was, and I read on the Friendship is Magic wikia that she was a crossed-eyed Pony who began life as a mistake by an oversight, and became a joke for the viewers (naturally you should all know of her by now - she was already considered famous according to comments on YouTube). I continued to watch the episode again and again, enjoying it for some reason, and I really came to like the CMCs - I actually found their song to be interesting, even though it was out of tune (which was a plot point) but I kind of got how the characters where serious about the lyrics - whatever these "marks" where you could tell in the song it meant something to them, so I guiltily liked the song, despite it being comically bad (and the way they messed the choreography was actually pretty funny.)

I decided to go back to the FiM wikia, and check what was said about them, and also recheck Derpy's page, as I wasn't exactly sure what it had said about how she had been added by accident, and then after reading more carefully, and then checking other pages, I realized this was a genuine TV series! I felt kinda silly, and then it dawned on me that I was watching an actual series of My Little Pony, and enjoying it and thought "WHAT?! but then I thought "You know what? I'm always saying how I don't care anymore about whether a show's made for kids, or girls, or kids who are girls - I just like what I like, I don't have to tell anybody! I know I hated My Little Pony as a kid, but that's because I was at the age where I thought it did matter that a show was "girly" but now I already proved to myself I'm not that kid anymore, so I'm gonna watch my so called "girly" show and I don't care! by the time I discovered that the show was popular with guys as well, I had already become a massive fan - I obviously don't count as a Brony because I never watched the previous generations, but I love FiM.

Because the CMCs kind of introduced me to it, and I got to like them from watching an episode all about them again and again, they are some of my favorite characters on the show. I found them really aww, and likeable characters. I didn't find them completely one dimensional, even though they admittedly have less development than the main characters, but that's just because they're focussing on one storyline of them, which is kind of a given - I don't find them badly developed at all, I just view them as an open book, they're just beginning they're adventure basically, and in the mean time we can enjoy the adventures of other characters as well. None of the CMCs are my favorite character in the show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92nPyj2Qdto&feature=related), but they are on my favorite list somewhere - I have a spot for them, and I have some fan art of them saved.

GhandiOwnsYou
11-10-2011, 04:43 AM
I started out as a CMC hater, but the little buggers have grown on me. I wish they would drop that kind of love on other background ponies though. Big Macintosh is dying for an episode, and between blues, octavia, lyra, DJ Pon-3 and the other musically oriented ponies, its a small wonder that we haven't come across some kind of battle of the bands thing yet.

Also, to induce brick crapping, go back to episode 1. Check out the shot of Applebloom when Luna drops in, a full eleven episodes before meeting the other CMC's.

MJN SEIFER
11-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I started out as a CMC hater, but the little buggers have grown on me. A lot of former haters are talking like that; I think the reason I never hated them myself is because I started on one of their episodes, and then concerntrated on them first. Other fans started at the begining and focused on the main characters, and then suddenly there's three kids out of nowhere (even though one of them has been in since the first episode as a minor character) so it's just a matter of the way I watched the episodes, I guess - they just grew on me faster.

I wish they would drop that kind of love on other background ponies though. Big Macintosh is dying for an episode, and between blues, octavia, lyra, DJ Pon-3 and the other musically oriented ponies, its a small wonder that we haven't come across some kind of battle of the bands thing yet. Yeah, I agree they should do more episodes based on minor characters, maybe even "promote" some to more major characters for a few episodes, even if they still don't get as much episodes as the main characters.

Also, to induce brick crapping, go back to episode 1. Check out the shot of Applebloom when Luna drops in, a full eleven episodes before meeting the other CMC's. Yeah, I saw that.:cool: It's most likley an error, but TV Tropes gave a passable explaination.

Pike
11-10-2011, 09:40 PM
I like the CMC. I like the other ponies too. Snails is the most underrated pony in the show.

NeoCracker
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM
I started out as a CMC hater, but the little buggers have grown on me. I wish they would drop that kind of love on other background ponies though. Big Macintosh is dying for an episode, and between blues, octavia, lyra, DJ Pon-3 and the other musically oriented ponies, its a small wonder that we haven't come across some kind of battle of the bands thing yet.

Also, to induce brick crapping, go back to episode 1. Check out the shot of Applebloom when Luna drops in, a full eleven episodes before meeting the other CMC's.

I freaking loved Big Mac in episode 3 of season 2. :love:

Though as much as I love him, I don't know if he warrents his own episode. I have no idea what they could do with him. :p

Pike
11-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Gonna drop a link to the finalized Ponython info (http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/139029-ponython-planning-thread-4.html#post3035455) in this thread in case anyone hasn't seen it!

NeoCracker
11-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Oh and Yes, Snails is awesome.

Skyblade
11-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I started out as a CMC hater, but the little buggers have grown on me. A lot of former haters are talking like that; I think the reason I never hated them myself is because I started on one of their episodes, and then concerntrated on them first. Other fans started at the begining and focused on the main characters, and then suddenly there's three kids out of nowhere (even though one of them has been in since the first episode as a minor character) so it's just a matter of the way I watched the episodes, I guess - they just grew on me faster.

Actually, for me, it's just that the writing for them is pathetic. It's the only story in the series which has no conclusion. During their episodes, they are always doing the exact same thing. Their talents are obvious, anyone who watches the CMC shows can tell what they are going to be, but they studiously ignore them in every episode and just rehash their hunt, which never goes anywhere. It's dull, poorly written, and boring.

The last episode was good because it actually showed another side to the ponies. They were doing something different, and the story actually had a conclusion. There was more to their personalities than just "Find Cutie Mark, Yay!".

MJN SEIFER
11-11-2011, 06:00 PM
I like it, but it means more to me.

I think that the reason those episodes have no conclusion is because they're all part of one big story, and yeah I get that they're over looking their talents, but who's to say that the majority of characters didn't do that? You have to remember they're pretty young. I'm hoping that they will find their marks one day - in fact I'm hoping that the writers will do the right thing, and have them get their marks close to each other so it will be an epic ending to the story. Regardless of how many fans they have, they should have an emotional conclusion. Maybe have something link them together how they get their marks, like the main six, but without blatently coppying it.

Agent Proto
11-13-2011, 03:43 AM
The newest episode, The Cutie Pox, is pretty good. Though I find the first two minutes the best part because of this!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/proto3k2/biglebowskiponies.png

AWWW YEEEEAAAH! The Big Lebowski reference ftw!

GhandiOwnsYou
11-13-2011, 04:25 AM
Hells yeah. I took the same sceenshot like an hour ago. The pony abides.

Madame Adequate
11-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Welp, despite this being a show with an abundance of superlative musical numbers like At The Gala, Winter Wrap-Up, and Art of the Dress, they just topped everything with today's episode.

Best. Musical number. Ever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Ltv9fjVe4&feature=player_embedded)

Pike
11-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Ponies confirmed for curling and Rainbow Dash confirmed for leader of the Maremacht.