• FFVII Remake Gameplay Trailer


    Sony kicked off its 2015 PlayStation Experience showcase with what looks like the first gameplay footage of the Final Fantasy VII Remake for the PlayStation 4! We see the AVALANCHE team featuring Barret, Biggs, Wedge and Jessie on the opening bombing mission. Not only do we see Barret's doubts about Cloud and some gameplay footage of Cloud exploring Midgar but we also see the group in battle with Shinra soldiers and Guard Scorpion.

    How excited are you by the Final Fantasy VII HD remake for PS4? (And indeed Xbox One!) Will you be getting it for sure? Or are you disappointed that the battle system has changed? Let us know!

    In this trailer, Cloud and Midgar are rendered in full HD, and the narrator appears to be talking about meteor.


    Thoughts?!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: FFVII Remake Gameplay Trailer started by charliepanayi View original post
    Comments 182 Comments
    1. Fox's Avatar
      Fox -
      At the Playstation Experience today, a new FFVII Remake Trailer was shown, including a snippet of some gameplay!



      Jessie!
      Biggs!
      Wedge!
      Barrett! Why are you wearing those sunglasses Barrett? It's the middle of the night in Midgar. I mean I know you're going to set off some pretty major fireworks, but still...
    1. Pike's Avatar
      Pike -
      Merged the two threads.

      Also, HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
    1. Wolf Kanno's Avatar
      Wolf Kanno -
      Looks like Crisis Core's battle system with a few twists.
    1. DMKA's Avatar
      DMKA -
      NOOOOOOOOO IT'S AN ACTION RPG BAWWWWWWW WHY SE WHY!?!? ;___________;

      No seriously though it looks AMAZING oh my God.
    1. Fox's Avatar
      Fox -
      Thanks Pike!

      I want to see that battle sequence play out in longer form. It looks on face value like KH, but there's a little bar under the characters name that I want to look at in more detail. My guess is that's what's going to fulfill the role of the ATB in whatever form it exists in.
    1. Ayen's Avatar
      Ayen -
      AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

      OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

      DID YOU SEE IT? DID YOU SEE IT? THAT LOOKED AWESOME!

      DAMMIT SQUARE I NEED IT NOW!
    1. charliepanayi's Avatar
      charliepanayi -
      Have already seen some people complaining about Barrett wearing sunglasses. Who cares?!
    1. Fox's Avatar
      Fox -
      Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
      Have already seen some people complaining about Barrett wearing sunglasses. Who cares?!
      I will happily mock him for the sunglasses, cause they're dumb.

      They do, however, suit him and look really cool. So I'm not complaining!
    1. Ayen's Avatar
      Ayen -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
      Have already seen some people complaining about Barrett wearing sunglasses. Who cares?!
      I will happily mock him for the sunglasses, cause they're dumb.

      They do, however, suit him and look really cool. So I'm not complaining!
      Let me get this straight, you're going to mock an Eco-terrorist with a group of fighters who is big, strong, and has a gun for an arm for what he wears on his face?

      Good luck.
    1. Fox's Avatar
      Fox -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
      Have already seen some people complaining about Barrett wearing sunglasses. Who cares?!
      I will happily mock him for the sunglasses, cause they're dumb.

      They do, however, suit him and look really cool. So I'm not complaining!
      Let me get this straight, you're going to mock an Eco-terrorist with a group of fighters who is big, strong, and has a gun for an arm for what he wears on his face?

      Good luck.
      It's OK. I'm a keyboard warrior and with that gun on his arm he can't type too good.
    1. Ayen's Avatar
      Ayen -
      Let's be honest, Jesse's probably the only one there who knows how to use a computer.
    1. Psychotic's Avatar
      Psychotic -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
      AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

      OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

      DID YOU SEE IT? DID YOU SEE IT? THAT LOOKED AWESOME!

      DAMMIT SQUARE I NEED IT NOW!
      I was basically coming to say this. Thanks for saying it for me!
      Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
      Have already seen some people complaining about Barrett wearing sunglasses. Who cares?!
      We need a Barret deal with it meme.
    1. Freya's Avatar
      Freya -
      Oh just saw this! omg omg omg!
    1. Depression Moon's Avatar
      Depression Moon -
      Something like this needs to be on the front page. Game is looking slick. Too bad Square was predictable in making the game non-turn based, but I ain't mad considering this is one of my least favorites in the series. The models look tight, I like the redesign of Barret's Big Shot limit break, but I think it's a weird choice to have Barret sporting shades now. Why?

      That shine on the Buster Sword as Cloud runs through the city looks really good.
    1. Ayen's Avatar
      Ayen -
      I don't even care the battle system isn't turn based. It looks awesome!

      Gameplay trailer of Tifa next!
    1. Freya's Avatar
      Freya -
      Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
      Something like this needs to be on the front page. Game is looking slick.
      I was working on it, it's there now haha.
    1. Mirage's Avatar
      Mirage -
      I am very disappointed that the trailer did not end with cloud looking seductively towards the camera while on don corneo's bed
    1. Depression Moon's Avatar
      Depression Moon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
      I am very disappointed that the trailer did not end with cloud looking seductively towards the camera while on don corneo's bed
      You a trip.
    1. Mirage's Avatar
      Mirage -
      I don't know what that means.
    1. Ayen's Avatar
      Ayen -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
      I am very disappointed that the trailer did not end with cloud looking seductively towards the camera while on don corneo's bed
      The world's not ready. It would implode on itself and create mass hysteria!
  • EoFF on Twitter

  • Today's Poll

    What colour are your eyes? (Votes: 12)

    1. Blue (Votes: 2)

    2. Brown (Votes: 5)

    3. Green (Votes: 2)

    4. Grey (Votes: 1)

    5. Hazel (Votes: 2)

  • Square Enix on Twitter